Battery battery discharging when laptop switched off

Battery battery discharging when laptop switched off

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Battery battery discharging when laptop switched off

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    max
    Participant

Hi

I bought couple days before, I guess it’s 4th or 5th revision, bios is locked, ssd slot door, touchpad works ok

And found the issue – that battery discharging even when laptop is switched off.

Also when battery level about 30-40% – it’s just switch off and says that battery level is low (red battery displays on the monitor if I tried to switch on laptop after that)

Did someone faced such problem?

Or may be some ideas how to fix it (except just sell it) 🙂

Chupa
    Participant

gearbest or aliexpress?

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

max
    Participant

I bought it on gearbest

Tried to contact support to get some help – but no luck

they said that I can exchange it, send it back and get refund, or then can refund me 10$ lol 🙂

So I’m thinking about two first options

Francesco
    Participant

Try calibrating the battery, however you need to open the laptop to do so, and that may void the warranty.

1) charge it to 100%

2)disconnect the battery

3) connect the battery, turn it on and check the battery %, if it’s 100% there`s another problem.

Also you can try running the battery test with windows

launch the command prompt with administrator rights and digit       powercfg -energy

or in windows powershell powercfg /batteryreport

Chupa
    Participant

with GB you have 7 days to react from getting the item. If you already have a ticket, you are good.

1st you can always haggle with GB, 10 Euro is a jooke but they like to start low. It seems tha the problem is a defect battery. Ask them if they want video proof. You might to have to make a timelapse video to show nothing is happen over a longer time period.

Offer then you would like to have the battery replaced since she is aparently dead on arival and you do the installation by yourself and send the dead one back if they want (then don’t).

If you payed with paypal your return shipping should  covered up to 25$ (check with PP).

Sending back is 2 months and lost money and outcome uncertain. best haggle (you can always elevate the complaint via supervisor) take money oe extra battery and diy.

check aliexpress etc for spare batteries

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

max
    Participant

Thanks guys

I’ll try to fix battery (or replace it) if there won’t be any chances to get refund or send it back

I’ve got a ticket for send it back, but now I have to go to post office and ask for the price

I’ve proposed them to show the video, or send me new battery – their answer – send it back, or take 20$ (just for me! 🙂 )

Also I’ve checked aliexpress for replacement – but can’t find such battery, may be some one have any ideas?

also as I got – I can escalate dispute on paypal and ask for refund not 20$, right? (I’ve checked battery for chuwi – it cost – 40$)

Laptop was switched off for a 2 days, I’ve just switched on it – and battery level is – 51% – so I supposed that battery consist of two parts – and one is broken

Many thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar