Battery charging issue

Battery charging issue

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Battery charging issue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clayton
    Participant

After about 2 years with little to complain of regarding hardware I am now getting a issue with the battery —- it is not charging as it should. I have a couple of Gadgets from which I am able to  get some idea of what is happening. When the Cube is plugged in it is reported as charging, but most of the time it is not. Both Gadgets have readouts of the charging RATE and this is shown as zero in one and no result in the other, plus both show a high discharging rate for most of the time. Often I can kick it into life by switching the power off and on but it only lasts briefly, often less than a second. So  while I use the computer, the charge level is dropping despite it being plugged in.

I manage to get some use of the machine by leaving it several hours, until it reaches 100%, after  which I get 2 to 3 hours of use before shutting down again. I try to avoid letting the charge drop below 60%.

Are other machines like mine in this respect, namely I cannot continue using it from the AC  power source once the battery is flat? If I could it would be less of a problem.

Is the battery failing? It is reported as healthy. But just in case I am trying to research battery replacement (eg. on YouTube). I think I remember a post with pix a while back but have not found it yet.

The fault is presumably not with the charger as I have two, with the same result.

Chupa
    Participant

yupp battery is dying, check via battery bar

link below

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

airbites
    Participant

Have you checked on another cable? It is hot now and slightly reduces the efficiency of chargers. Try using the 5V charger but 3A zamaist of what you used 2A. The 2-year battery has higher internal resistance (Ω) of the battery and less battery capacity in addition.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar