Battery drain when tablet turned OFF

Battery drain when tablet turned OFF

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums i7 Core M / i7 Stylus Discussion Battery drain when tablet turned OFF

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Cabela
    Participant

Hello everyone~!

I have the weirdest problem – I was happily using my  i7 Core M for over a month now,  I’m running it with windows 10 and had been running win 10 for quite a long time already.

Since a few days my battery is draining when i turn the tablet OFF; I charge the tablet to 100%, i leave it over night, and in the morning it won’t start until i plug the power again, when it starts i get 0% battery.  I have not installed anything new, i just use it for Uni and work , which only includes Microsoft office and browsing with Chrome. Occasionally i plug the hdmi to watch movies on my tv too.

I still have normal battery life when i use the device (~5-6 hours).

Anyone had the same problem?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Only thing I can think of is it must have looked to have been powered off. But got stuck shutting down and slowly but surely killed the battery off overnight. If this was just a one-off I wouldn’t worry about it.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Cabela
    Participant

Thanks for your timely reply Chris !

I had the free time to do a deeper research for this problem and was not surprised to find out that I’m not the only one with this kind of problem. Other tablets with win10 and some laptops too are affected sometimes by this. What is better, I can at least stop worrying about defective battery now.

Apparently this is an Intel Problem (surprising eh?) and there is an easy fix. I am testing now , I will share the results after a few days when I’m sure it’s fixed.

What is did was this:
    navigate to device manager >  system devices > Intel (R) management engine interface > right click > properties > Power Management tab > uncheck “allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”

EDIT: This actually solved it and stopped battery drain whatsoever, i guess it’s an improvement to battery life too. I recommend.

Attached Screens:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Peter Lustig
    Participant

Hi there, I am experiencing the same drain on android. Ist the a fix for android ? Perhaps in bios?

Kind regards, Lechte

Kęstas Kęstutis
    Participant

Hi, what version of Intel (R) management engine interface you have? ‘Cus mine’s don’t have that power management tab in properties.

FUCKTECHTABLET
    Participant

I has this issue too but with Cube Mix Plus, especially when doc is plugged in and USB devices plugged in

Have you found a solution?

FUCK FUCKTECHTABLET

Oracle_ed
    Participant

With a Teclast X98 Plus II (Intel Z8300 CPU), I have found that any USB devices or hubs that are left plugged in will drain the battery even when the tablet is off. Solved this by modifying the OTG cable by cutting the +5V conductor.

Rich Hall
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback.
    Same issue here but with i7 Stylus.

When I went to the power management panel you pointed out, I found that box was already checked – so something else is on the go with mine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar