Battery life (K9C6)

Battery life (K9C6)

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Battery life (K9C6)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 22 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Valentino 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Ismail
    Participant

Hi

I dont know but for some reason on the newest model of the Teclast X98 Pro (K9C6) the battery life is very less, you can only get up to 2-3 hours of battery life when using the tablet for normal usage (eg browsing), even thought teclast claim that the battery should last up to 8 hours with normal usage.

Chris, if there anything that can be done about it becuase i want to keep this tablet for a long time so i need the battery life to be more than 2-3 hours

thanks

Chris G
    Keymaster

Have you just got it? I can get around 4 hours in Windows. About 3 in Android. Not good battery life I agree, a big step down from the X98 Air 3G. But to get more than 4, you can run 25% brightness, battery saver too. Try that and see if it helps.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Ismail
    Participant

Hi

yeah i just bought it but i didn’t know about the low battery life, after watching several of your videos on the first version of the Teclast X98 Pro, i had really good feeling about the tablet but i didnt know that the one i was buying was the latest model, after i bought and it was delivered i realised you bought the K9C6 and you had problems with the battery life. Also in your video (Teclast X98 Pro K9C6 Android Benchmarks & Windows 10 issue + Temps) you said that the battery status only shows one battery cell, so are you saying that there is a way to fix the battery life.

Daniel
    Participant

I think cells are damaged because in the first model of X98 a lot of people have the same problem. I have the same problem. I bought it at the end of September in Gearbest.

Ismail
    Participant

hi
    so is there any way to repair it because i need a long battery life and if it stays like this i will have to send it back because it is no use to me

Daniel
    Participant

I think buying a new one battery, but i dont know the serial number o model number to ask for it, and i prefer ask for a replacement to Gearbest, i paid it by PayPal maybe the send me a new one after sending this one to China. In aliexpress there are batteries but 12.000mA not 8.000mA like the tablet has.

Are you tablet from Gearbest too? I asked for it at the end of September and it arrived to Spain on 25th October, maybe there are a lot of with this problem in a fabrication line. In Spain there are three or four more with this problem in the forums.

Regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Angel Gomez
    Participant

I recibe the x 98 pro a few days ago, and i have the same problem.

Ismail
    Participant

Hi
    yeah i bought my tablet from gearbest

i dont know what to do should i keep the tablet or send it back because gearbest have 45 days return policy so i have over a month left

Daniel
    Participant

I have opened a RMA in Gearbest this morning and i have sent a photo with battery status to them. In Teclast page they say 6-8h battery life, and this morning i have only an hour with edge use. I think we have to open rma in gearbest and in paypal, and be in contact to be more powerfull in our disputes with them. This is a very important failure / fault and i want a usefull tablet or my money back.

I think we have to put our Nº Tickets to be more powerfull and tell them there are a lot of people with this problem.

My ticket in Gearbest is: T15110104860

Dennis van Elteren
    Participant

Hi Daniel,

I have a support ticket open with GearBest about my X98 PRO issue. I copy/paste their latest reply…so you can see coming what GearBest does about customer problems…..You will have a hard time with them getting a solution or your money back.

Cheers

Dennis

THE LATEST REPLY CONCERNING MY TABLET BLACKOUTS IN WINDOWS10
    <table id=”stripe_tb” class=”borderline” width=”997″ cellspacing=”1″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#FFFFFF”>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td id=”stripe_tb”>Gearbest Customer Support  At :11/02/2015 09:15:26 UTC</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Dear Dennis,

We are very sorry for replying you so late.

It is not Gearbest problem,so please find Teclast for solutions.

If there are any additional problems or further queries, please feel free to contact us anytime.

Thank you for your patience and kind support.

Best regards

Lura

Gearbest Customer Service

http:www.gearbest.com</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

Dennis van Elteren
    Participant

oh sorry…tickets is open since 16th october not 26th. What GearBest does for you is NOT reply, reply but send a standard copy/paste story where you are asked to confirm the same things over and over or…as last resort point to Teclast: good luck

Daniel
    Participant

My ticket in Gearbest:

<form action=”http://support.gearbest.com/index/index/review?act=insert” enctype=”multipart/form-data” method=”post” name=”questionForm”>
    <table id=”stripe_tb” class=”borderline” width=”997″ cellspacing=”1″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#FFFFFF”>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td class=”label” width=”17%”>Ticket:</td>
    <td align=”left” valign=”top” width=”83%”>T15110104860</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td class=”label” width=”17%”>Order Number:</td>
    <td align=”left” valign=”top”>W150922232256****</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td class=”label” width=”17%”>Message Type:</td>
    <td align=”left” valign=”top”>After-sale Service (defective items /wrong items received/item missing)</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td class=”label” width=”17%” height=”34″>Subject:</td>
    <td align=”left” valign=”top”>Battery Problems</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td class=”label” width=”17%” height=”60″>Message:</td>
    <td align=”left” valign=”top”><iframe src=”http://support.gearbest.com/index/index/email-iframe?t=T15110104860″ name=”emailIframe” width=”100%” height=”424″ scrolling=”no”></iframe></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td class=”label” width=”17%”>Ticket Status:</td>
    <td align=”left” valign=”top”>Processing</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td class=”label” width=”17%”>Full Name:</td>
    <td align=”left” valign=”top”>Daniel Castillo Blasco</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </form>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td id=”stripe_tb”>Gearbest Customer Support  At :11/02/2015 08:34:49 UTC</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Dear Daniel,

Thanks for your feedback.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

We will confirm with supplier about your problem,please kindly contact us 2-3 days later for result.

We will solve the problem for you,please rest assured.

If you want to return item back,we only can offer the chinese address for you as the EU warehouse don’t accept returning package.

If you have any further questions, we’re always happy to help.

Best Regards

Angelia

GearBest Customer Service

http://www.gearbest.com/</td&gt;
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td id=”stripe_tb”>Daniel Castillo Blasco  At :11/02/2015 09:13:25 UTC</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Ok i wait a few days. Im very angry because the first time i asked you for this was on 30th August 2015 and it arrives me on 25th October and it is faulty. Furthermore i have two orders lost and i have to pay shipping cost to China. Please give me a solution as soon as possible, this unit has the battery faulty and i have posted it in TechTablets, HTCMania and Hispatablets Forums, im not the only person with this problem, and i think it isnt good advertising for you and Teclast. If i have to wait a whole month for replacement i prefer my money back and i ask for it in another webshop.

Regards

P.D I send you a photo with the battery life and use. Its in Spanish Language Sorry</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td height=”22″>attachment 1</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td id=”stripe_tb”>Gearbest Customer Support  At :11/03/2015 03:06:30 UTC</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Dear Daniel,

Thanks for your recent message .
    We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

We kindly suggest you that please charge the tablet to full power when the battery run out,please do use the tablet when charging.

If you open many app at the same time, the battery will run out fast.

In order to bring the greatest actual benefit for our customers and build a long-term relationship with you,we would like to solve the problem together.

We would like to solve the issue by offering you the following options:

1)Return the items for a full refund or an exchange.

As you can see customer has to cover the shipping fees to send the item back.

Once we receive the item we will refund the order in full.

2)Partial refund ( No return)

We can offer a partial refund of 20  usd to your account which used to make the payment.

3)Partial refund ( No return)

We can refund 30 usd to your GB wallet,it can be used for your next order.

Could you please let me know your decision?

If you have any further questions, we’re always happy to help.

Best Regards
    Angelia
    GearBest Customer Service
    http://www.gearbest.com/</td&gt;
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td id=”stripe_tb”>Daniel Castillo Blasco  At :11/03/2015 07:18:56 UTC</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>I tried with a lot of chargers and different ways before asking you.

There is a lot of people with this problem:

http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/battery-life-k9c6/

Maybe Teclast made a line in their factory with problems.

Please send me your adress for a full refound and i will ask you in the future when i check they havent problems, please imagine you send me a new one with problems and if i have to send you to China again. I cant lose more shipping cost.

Regards

Daniel</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

Chris
    Participant

How many full cycles has your tablet been through and are you running the latest bios? I’ve noticed a pretty good improvement in battery life in windows since installing the new bios and the tablet has had about 4 full cycles. Android still destroys battery life if you play a game but is okayish if you’re just watching videos or browsing the web.

Ismail
    Participant

Hi

where do you download the new bios, also can you make a video on how to dwonload it, or message me the instructions

Spanna Hanz
    Participant

Yeah. mine too started off real bad but is better now I’ve updated all. definitely better in Win 10.

(updated all drivers) only received mine on the 30th Nov so hoping I don’t need to upgrade the bios. It almost sounds to me that only half of the battery is working? very odd. don’t really want to open it up and start fitting new batteries/heat sinks. For £150 it is a cracking bit of kit.

To solve my battery conundrum, i have ordered a slim 50000 mAh power pack (£15 Ebay) to Velcro on to the back of the keyboard case ready to be deployed  😉  I know it’s not ideal but when it comes to battery life bigger is better. the fashion seems to be to make tec as thin as possible.

Cross fingers for the nano carbon revolution….

all in all this tablet is stable and fast, so for the money it is great value.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password