Bmax Y13, can’t isntall new SSD

Bmax Y13, can’t isntall new SSD

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion Bmax Y13, can’t isntall new SSD

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jay
    Participant

Hi all, i bought a Bmax Y13 in July and bought a 1TB SSD in Aug. No matter what i try i cannot install the new SSD. I tried the image from Bmax website and Media Creation Tool from Microsoft. The installation fails halfway the process every time because the laptop can’t detect the SSD anymore. After many efforts i thought maybe the new SSD is broken, so i bought a new one and guess what same issue allover again. I tested the new SSD in my daughters Lenovo laptop and i have zero issues.

I contacted Bmax offcial store (were i bought the Y13) in September and since then i am busy with them. Ever time i have to explain the issue over and over again. And every time they said we will contact technical staff and get back to you….which they never do! So i contacted Bmax support myself via Facebook and chatted of few days. Tried  may things with them and they say the connectivity of the SSD port is faulty like i suspected myself. So i suggested to update the Bios, got a new Bios version but the Y13 cannot even update to the new version. So there is definitely something wrong with the laptop. New SSD disappears from the bios and even the original Foresee SSD disappears, also crashing when shutting down. Also the power button is crappy, doesn’t work properly.

Technical staff says request a replacement via Aliexpress, so i did but guess what it is not easy! Every time i ask for the return address they do not provide me that. Plus they say i have to pay double shipment+tax, but they never provided the return address. They say it will take a long time and maybe it will get lost bla bla. Also it is not possible to send the laptop back i think because of the battery.

So i am already busy for a month with this crap, getting sick an tired of this. I would suggest NEVER buy a Bmax laptop, you will get screwed!

Does anyone else encountered this SSD installing issue?

sandro
    Participant

I guess when you buy these Chinese laptops you know this could happen.

Did you buy an identical one or another brand?

Jay
    Participant

Bought the same brand, but even the orginal Foresee SSD cannot be detected sometimes. I wouldn’t buy Bmax laptops, waste of money.

sandro
    Participant

You definitely have a faulty port then if the stock ssd does the same thing.

It’s weird the AliExpress support is that bad honestly.

Jay
    Participant

Yes for sure the port is faulty, but they say just buy a new one multiple times. They say send the broken one back, I have to pay double shipment plus tax for it. But they do not guarantee that they will receive it because it might get lost……so basically what they want is me just shut the f up. I also suggested that Bmax can send me a new motherboard so that I can replace it myself, but no that is not possible. I will never buy a Bmax again, i rather pay more for a familiar brand.

sandro
    Participant

You need to pay shipment costs under warranty? Are you sure?

Jay
    Participant

Yes they said i need to pay shipment costs twice and above that i need to pay the customs tax for China. I am not going to send the laptop back because i am almost 100% they will say we never received it so we can’t pay you back.

Still busy with them, evertime same questions…. They do it on purpose so that customers with issues will back off.

First they say you can upgrade to bigger SSD, day later no you can’t upgrade. Another day yes you can upgrade many customers do. Already busy for months.

They said to me just buy a new Bmax laptop, i was like that will never happen again!

Never buy Bmax!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password