Boot stuck at Windows or Jumper Logo Screen

Boot stuck at Windows or Jumper Logo Screen

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Boot stuck at Windows or Jumper Logo Screen

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Richard Baker
    Participant

50% of all boots from off get stuck on either the Jumper logo or now more commonly Windows logo screen, both with the rotating dots animation. It won’t progress from this point.

I have to force shut it down by holding the power button down. Then I restart and Windows will load as normal

I only have the Windows Boot Manager listed in my boot list, I’ve removed the UEFI as the second boot option.

I have a Sandisk SDW64G eMMC, which is the main boot disk. It also has a Transcend 128GB M.2 SSD installed, but only for data storage, not boot (I did try, but it failed miserably and I had to re-image the main eMMC to fix it, but that’s another story…)

Any ideas on what could be causing this Windows boot problem.

I’m not sure what EZ Book version I have, it could be V5, but its the one with the lesser BIOS options.

Thanks

Chupa
    Participant

your headline reads like you kicked your boot (shoe) into the screen 😉

I so fully understand that.

But fun aside, how was your computer behaving before you did all your changes like installing your ssd and trying to get things to work your way?

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Richard Baker
    Participant

If my boot was physically stuck in the Windows startup screen then I’d best give up and buy another one!

A day after I received the laptop I bricked it by trying to clonine the eMMC to my new M.2 SSD, which sometimes worked, mostly booting into the internal eMMC and sometimes into the SSD. I was convinced that the SSD would work if I cleared the eMMC, as it was causing some sort of boot conflict. Unfortunately wiping the EFI partition did clear the eMMC, but also meant that the SSD wouldn’t boot, so the machine was useless. I gave up and put the original disk image back on the eMMC and just continued using it from there. The SSD is still a nice chunk of extra storage that I am using and good write speeds too.

So in summary, I think its back to standard, just with the extra SSD installed.

Could the machine just not be seeing the eMMC on some startups? Anyone had any issues like that?

G
    Participant

I had something similar with an Onda, except that would blue screen on boot 50% of the time. Turned out the emmc was faulty, so I installed an SSD, put Windows on it and disabled the emmc in the bios. Problems went away.

Richard Baker
    Participant

This seems to happen every time I fully shout the machine down. Its like it just can’t find the internal eMMC. If it had the full BIOS options like the previous versions then check it in more detail by enabling/disabling other features.

Once I’ve forced a shut down twice over it then seems to boot to Windows OK.

If I keep the machine in sleep mode instead of shutting it down then there’s no problem.

Perhaps I should try it with the other SSD removed?

Richard Baker
    Participant

Now it seems to only happen on the Jumper logo screen, rather than the Windows logo screen

Once its got past this problem, it can be shut down and restarted ok, but if left shut down for a longer period then it will get stuck on boot again

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar