Brand new Lapbook SE not working

Brand new Lapbook SE not working

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi LapBook Series Brand new Lapbook SE not working

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jimmy 4 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Jimmy
    Participant

Hello there!

Picked up a brand new Lapbook SE today and ran into some problems, I hope you guys can help me out since I’m about to go on vacation and I really need it to work.

Now here’s the problem,

When I first turned it on everything went good. Was setting up username, microsoft account, wifi..yeah all that. Suddenly the laptop turned off, I heard a little click just before it died?

What I’ve been noticed so far:

1. When I press the power button, the LED indicator stays blue for a few seconds before it shut down.
    2. Sometimes the Chuwi boot logo comes up, but then the screen goes black (shuts down?)
    3. Sometimes the Chuwi boot Logo comes up and next it says “preparing to repair windows”, and it shuts off.
    4. Sometimes I can enter Bios with FN + F7 (or esc) but a few seconds later it dies.

The weirdest thing is that when the screen goes black (led power indicator goes out) I can still adjust the backlit keyboard

What I’ve been tested so far:

1. Drain the battery (recharge)
    2. Disconnect the battery
    3. Applied new thermal paste
    4. Connected a hdmi to a monitor and a tv

Chuwi itself doesn’t answer me, so please help me out! I’m prepared to donate some money for a solution.

Excuse my English 🙂

UPDATE 1: The longer I wait before I try to turn it on again, the longer it takes before it shuts down. Waited 15 minutes before I turned it on after last time, now it lasted 12 seconds, instead of 3…what’s going on 🙁

UPDATE 2: Had the Lapbook charged overnight, tried it this morning – got to windows setting up, as I did the first time – now it’s dead again

Can it be some sort of power issue?

Jimmy
    Participant

Managed to get into bios to snap a picture before it turned off, if it can help?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Jimmy
    Participant

Update 3:

I noticed something new. Plugged in a powerbank. As soon as I press the power button on the lapbook it’s charging the power bank.

Tried doing it without power cable connected to the lapbook. But then if I press the power button the power bank itself just flash one time on/off.

So it must be some sort of power issue??

Sx C
    Participant

does it work when the power adapter is plugged in?

Jimmy
    Participant

It won’t charge, but its flashing everytime.

Update: I left the battery disconnected 2 hours, plugged it in together with the charger and it booted up. Came further this time, “hi, we’re setting up the last couple of things for you”. Was 2? minutes away from seeing the windows desktop, but yeah it died as expected.

Can it be a bad battery, charger, bios?

I noticed that the sound from Cortana dissapeared when setting up windows earlier. Was able to adjust the speakers volume with the f keys but still dead silent. I heard a voice/Cortana talking to me the first times yesterday but as said, no sound now. What’s going on 😔

Jimmy
    Participant

Update: After leaving the Lapbook turned off with charger plugged in over night, I started it 20 minutes ago.

It did boot into windows, was able to use it for about 5 minutes, then it died again.

I checked the battery and it said 100% charged and plugged in, so it can’t be the battery

The touchpad didn’t work for some reason, had to use USB mouse. EDIT: Trackpad now working

It’s getting weirder and weirder. Mabye it has something to do with the heatsink or whatever it is, that it lose contact (the lapbook thinks it’s overheating and shuts off?)

Edit: Attached two pictures

Attachments:

Jimmy
    Participant

Had the Lapbook turned off during another night, without having the charger plugged in.

Started it this morning, ran fine for a few minutes then as expected, died again.

Althought I managed to snap some pictures of the event log, hopefully it can explain the issue? If anyone even reading this..

Attachments:

Jimmy
    Participant

Was opening up the lapbook today. Checking components with multimeter, couldn’t find anything that’s broken. But I noticed one new thing…while having the backside open I started it and hm, a weird buzzing sound came from somewhere. I hit f1 (LED) and the display blacked out and the noice disappeared. Pressed it again and the screen came on, as well as the sound. Few minutes later it turned off.

It looks like the longer I wait before turning it on, the longer it can stay on – like it’s charging the components/motherboard itself, weird huh?

I’m willing to pay 50 or even 75 bux by paypal if anyone reading this and can help me solve the problem!

Ps, nothing wrong with the battery or the charger

Sx C
    Participant

honestly i dont think this is a problem that can be fixed and the options you have are extremely limited

firstly, please confirm that the battery is higher than 8v and increases when you charge it.

if the notebook is still turning off even with a working battery then the problem is most likely hardware related and beyond economic repair.

however, there is still one thing you can try, once you turn on the laptop remove the ribbon cable for the keyboard immediately, you might have a faulty power button which is triggering a forced shutdown randomly.

Jimmy
    Participant

Thanks for the reply and for the tips,

Tried it but no success. I did one more thing, disconnected the led? cable, started the lapbook – it hasn’t died yet..30 minutes passed (record) but yeah, all I see is a black screen of course. Tried with HDMI while having the cable disconnected, well then it shuts down. Can it be the driver that needs to be updated? Is the GPU consuming too much power? Is the GPU dead?

EDIT: Ok, the lapbook turned off 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password