Broke Screen Display – Anybody Replace Theirs?

Broke Screen Display – Anybody Replace Theirs?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Broke Screen Display – Anybody Replace Theirs?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    James Rediffer
    Participant

I dropped my i7 screen down and it shattered. Funny thing is, I had a glass screen protector on it that had ZERO damage on it. It just transferred the impact directly to the i7 screen. It doesn’t respond to any of my touches and it shows several points of “false touches” on the sign-in screen. I don’t have a stylus, so I can’t check it it’s responding to that. Anyway, I’m looking to replace the digitizer and want to know if anyone else has done it before? Also, I searched around for Cube i7 Book replacement digitizers, but there aren’t any. However, do you all think it would be okay to use the Cube i7 Stylus digitizer instead?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    John Macie
    Participant

Let us know if you get any info on this. I know most people don’t reply when they solve their circumstance, but it would be good info for you to share if you get it. Are you in the USA? I only ask because it seems like people outside the USA have better luck dealing with finding info on these Chinese tablets. I’d try searching through ali express. Good Luck! P.S. if you throw in the towel, I might buy it for parts from you, if the price is right.

Chris G
    Keymaster

This is fixable, you can get the screen digitizer from Aliexpress and later remove it (A little difficult but possible)  and all needs is that touch glass and you’re done. Opening it is a little hard, start at the volume buttons and work your way around unclipping it. Inside you’ll see a large ribbon from the IPS panel and later a smaller one with a chip, that the touch digitizer plug that will have to be push through for the new screen.

Best of luck!

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

James Rediffer
    Participant

@John: Yes, I’m located in the States. I’ll definitely update this thread or start a new one when I make the repair.

@Chris
    : Thanks so much for your input! I went ahead and placed an order for a replacement i7 Stylus screen on eBay. It’ll take nearly two months to come in. But in the meantime, I’m going to open my tablet and do the thermal mod + add the new SSD, while also taking a look inside to understand how the display is connected to the device.

Hill
    Participant

@James Does the replacement i7 stylus screen match with i7 book?

I will buy one but I can’t find the right one for i7 book.

I broke my i7 book screen too, but luckily, touch screen is still working.

hazard
    Participant

After replacement i have this problems  https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/cube-i7-book-touchscreen-alternative-calibration/ and this calibration not much helps.

Jay
    Participant

As mine is whole and working with pen input – only touch is broken – and I’m a ham-fisted klutz, I’d prefer to not pull it apart before knowing what I’ll need to put it back together again… ?

How did you get the screen loose? Wedging it little by little + hair dryer to soften the glue (like someone mentioned before on the forum)?

And what glue should I use to stick it back?

Also, what’s the serial nr / version of the screen?

Thanks!

James Rediffer
    Participant

@jay: I used a hair dryer and blew at the edges, while prying a credit card under the glass. I started at the bottom, near the windows button, as I found that it was slightly loose when I originally got it. Then I just wedged it little by little, first heating up the edge, then sliding the credit card underneath.

As far as the glue, the replacement panel comes with glue already adhered to the screen. You just remove some protective film, then stick it on. As far as which screen, get the same screen as the cube i7 stylus screen. Just do a search for “cube i7 stylus replacement digitizer” and it should be the same one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar