Broken Chuwi 14.1, bad hinges

Broken Chuwi 14.1, bad hinges

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi LapBook Series Broken Chuwi 14.1, bad hinges

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Justinkeyback
    Participant

I was over a year a happy user of Chuwi until a few weeks back when my screen got broken. I noticed some time that when closing the lid there came some play between the body and the lid. This play got worse and worse. Until pieces of glass came of. So I had ordered another screen, as I could choose I took the matte version, which is a very good one.  As it is all glued I could not install the new screen without tearing it off the back of the lid and glue the new one in place. The screws of one hinge, on the right side, got loose inside or rather at the backside or behind the screen. I don’t know how to explain. But I report it here for anyone that it is good to know that when there happens to start some play between the screen and the body, one should immediately go for warranty. I did go beyond warranty period but am still happy with my lapbook.

Pictures tell there own story.

Cheers to all!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sx C
    Participant

damn this is another example of why manufacturers should not design anything with a glass screen/bezel unless it is absolutely necessary for touch input etc.

Vito Maran
    Participant

HI,

I have the same problem. Namely, after a 5 months  of use my hinges start to break. Manufacturer declare 30 000 Times shaft turn (https://www.chuwi.com/product/items/Chuwi-LapBook-Air.html).

On images you can see that one shaft is good while another (right side) is exposing metal part that supposed to be extremely good glued.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Justinkeyback
    Participant

Right, so it starts! But it is not the glue, but the screws that get loose. But you cannot get to them. Can you still make use of your warranty?

Vito Maran
    Participant

Hi Justin. Thanks for reply.

I just wrote them from Aliexpress account. Unfortunately, I didn’t found link on their site for warranty. So I don’t know how to claim my warranty.

Could you tell please, how did you asked for warranty? And where did you get the new screen? Was it hard to connect new screen?

Chris G
    Keymaster

So the screws are behind the bottom glass bezel and not the ones under the rear lid? This is bad news if those come loose with no way to tighten them!

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

ecdysiast
    Participant

Has anyone found a way to fix these hinges?  On mine the plastic piece in the main body broke, so the hinge is adrift.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password