Cant turn on/boot tablet.

Cant turn on/boot tablet.

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi13 Forum Cant turn on/boot tablet.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CatTurbo2 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Someone
    Participant

Hi,

I have my hi13 for about 7 months now. Today my tablet started to refuse turning on after turning my screen off and plugging in my charger. (power button assigned to turn of screen instead of putting it to sleep/turning it off). It still had about 10 to 15 percent left. Then i put it into my dock and tried to turn on the screen by pressing the powerbutton. It hesitated a little so impatient me pressed the button again for a bit longer… then the screen came on and turned off…. since then it wont turn on anymore. I tried pressing the power button for 14 seconds and waited about 2 hours while it was charging (indicator works). Then pressed the power button for 4 more seconds. Did nothing, though the white LED on the dock turns on for a second and then turns off. I have honestly not a clue on what i can possibly do to make it turn on again. I would appreciate all the help that i can get.

P.s. apologies for my writing, typing on phones isn’t my strongpoint.

Chupa
    Participant

find the reset hole or remove the battery for a while

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Someone
    Participant

There is a reset hole on the hi13, if so, where?  Anyway I am planning to do the latter, just gotta get myselfs some torx screws. Thank god the screen has not been glued in.

Someone
    Participant

Bump, so I have opened the tablet to disconnect the battery, but this didnt fix it. There is something else going on, whenever power is applied (battery disconnecting/reconnecting) the cpu starts to get warm (up to a point where i can still touch the heatsink, so not hot in the sense that its burning up it seems). The batteries however stays cold so its not pulling that much power so i am not really sure if its shorting out or not.

I think i will leave the battery disconnected for a few hours and report back, although the tablet is unfortuntely toast to my believes. Maybe someone else has a godlike idea?

Chupa
    Participant

connect to an external monitor

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

CatTurbo2
    Participant

Sorry for the late response, maybe you still have the problem.

Recently I’ve had a similiar one, the problem wouldn’t start, there wasn’t even a bootlogo at startup.

What helped was the following key press combination for the power button: Three times short press (about 1s) then one time long press (10s). Then you wait for 10 seconds until you can press the power button to start it.

For me this worked, I hope for you too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password