Change Dual Boot to Windows Only (Remove Android)

Change Dual Boot to Windows Only (Remove Android)

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Change Dual Boot to Windows Only (Remove Android)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Dominik 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

TAEL
    Participant

Hi,

I just received my X98 Pro Dual Boot (K9C6), but Android is useless for me and I want to remove it and turn my laptop to Windows only so have 64GB partition in Windows. Would you please help me how to do this?

Also mine is Windows Home and I want to change it to Windows Pro.

Thanks

Anonymous

To change the Windows version you’ll need a new license, and that will cost you money.

To convert the tablet to Windows 10 only what I did was to create a pen-drive with the Windows media creation tool and boot the tablet with it. Then, during Windows installation delete all partitions and install Windows on a completly empty drive. Then you have to download the drivers for the tablet from this site.

d3rm4rc
    Participant

I have installed an fresh Windows by this Way. But jet, i have trouble to install 2 Drivers. Details in this Topic:

http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/gyroscopy-dont-work/

Gollum
    Participant

Has somebody a better way?

Joel
    Participant

Yes…how do we leace the current windows 10 OS and just remove the ANDROID system?  It’s something like, remove some partitions, and then change the boot file???  Anyone?

Gollum
    Participant

nice idea, but still no feedback

Tony
    Participant

The EasyBCD 2.3 windows app can check & edit a boot file, but a tablet drive-image backup would be advisable beforehand.

I  am using a Cube i12 dual android/win10 at the moment. I have installed the Macrium Backup program & am checking it out.

This Backup program can put a rescue boot package onto a USB, and also backup the entire drive image to another USB. So, I assume, the rescue boot environment would let you access & reinstall the drive image if you mess everything up.

Then, you should have the driver package on another USB.

Of course, if the entire disk image is backed up, then all the drivers would be included in that backup, i guess. But the driver package still might  be needed.

So, 3 USB backup sticks should be prepared before using EasyBCD. Safe enough, perhaps, but I have not tried all of this, as yet.

Joel
    Participant

I backed up my tablet using EASEUS free backup, which worked great – using a USB hub.  I imagine you could probably use one USB…boot with the USB drive, AND copy the image to the boot USB drive.

I will try it now and let you know.

Joel
    Participant

OK…I have started to use Macrium Reflect on my main computers…I love it.  BUT, when I trued using it on our trusty Teclast XP pro, it will boot into the USB disk created by Macrium (on my main computer), but will not allow any mouse or touch clicks.

When I used EASEUS free backup, it worked right first time!!!!

So..I will make a Thumbdrive from the TABLET now and report back!

Joel
    Participant

Well..Macrium Reflect will not work..it boots to the thumbdrve, but once started and displayed, I cant use touch screen or mouse, or directly connected computer.  So use EASEUS…it worked for me!

I am notifying Macrium now.

Tony
    Participant

OK, thanks for the update. I installed it on the Cube i12, and have yet to prepare a recovery USB or drive-image.

I may have used Easeus on my main desktop in the past…distant past, so I will check it out.

Joel
    Participant

I finally got MACRIUM to work!!!

The problem was I couldn’t get the screen to react to my touch.  I tried most of everything and had the same problem with MACRIUM.  I couldn’t get the TOUCH drivers to work with the boot disk.

SO I went to Walmart, bought a  $7 wired mouse, and VOILA…I can get the mouse moving on the screen!!

SO MACRIUM which I have been using on my Desktop and Laptop is now usable on the TABLET!  I would love to know  how to get the Teclast to recognize my touch with the USB boot thumbdrive, though…

Tony
    Participant

another useful update. Thanks.

I am trying out Macrium now.

Joel
    Participant

I successfully performed a Macrium Backup on my Teclast Pro.  I did need to use a WIRED MOUSE!
    As a side note, another tip is that I changed the screen resolution to 1152 x 854 for better life and faster response…I’ll keep trying different resolutions.

Tried also..1024 x 768

Let me know if you were successful too.

Tony
    Participant

I am trying out Easeus & Macrium to see how they perform.

However, this Cube i12 is a gift for someone, so I can only test out both apps to see how they prepare the recovery images & the rescue boot-usb. Later on this year, I will get another Cube tablet.

Macrium did not seem to prepare the rescue boot USB drive correctly, on first attempt, so I didn’t make a Macrium recovery-image. The Macrium rescue boot-USB would not show any files on the USB-drive until I plugged into my main computer. All the files were present, but simply not visible when plugged back into the Cube tablet.

So, I went over to Easeus to prepare the a rescue USB boot drive. I will go back to Macrium again to try to prepare a rescue boot USB again.

Very tempting to test out the rescue USB & image recovery, as this will cover any need in the future to refresh or experiment with re-partitioning the tablet, but I will have to wait until I get another tablet.

Thanks for the tip on using the usb-mouse.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password