Change Dual Boot to Windows Only (Remove Android)

Change Dual Boot to Windows Only (Remove Android)

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Change Dual Boot to Windows Only (Remove Android)

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    T-Ray
    Participant

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/nicold/2015/12/15/how-to-remove-android-partition-from-a-teclast-x98-pro-dual-boot-k9c6/
    used this worked a treat make sure you follow all the steps missed the one about touchsetting.gf and screen was messed up but copied it over works like a dream now also just used jellybean key finder for windows serial

redge73
    Participant

Power ON your tPad X98Pro ,
    Press key DEL = access UEFI settings

[Main]
    IGD Turbo Enable: Enabled (IGD=Integrated Graphic Device)
    Channel selection: Dual – important for see all 4Gb (Single show only 2Gb RAM !)
    OS Image ID: Windows
    DNX fast boot: Enabled

[Boot]
    Setup  Prompt Timeout: 1
    Quiet Boot: Enabled –> it show only Teclast logo
    Fast Boot: Enabled –> this remove the boot menu choice Android/Windows

Press key F4 = Save & Exit

tested successfully on my X98PRO

No more menu choice Android or Windows, except if you change back in UEFI settings

Joel
    Participant

BEWARE THE ABOVE SETTINGS WILL PREVENT YOU FROM ACCESSING YOUR BIOS AGAIN:
    So I did these bios settings and SCREWED UP my Teclast Pro…because of the screen timeout setting of 1,  and the QUICK BOOT setting.

The Windows startup is so very fast – and the internal keyboard that shows up passes by too fast to click the F7 key for getting into BIOS..

So…if this happens to your tablet, you can boot to BIOS by doing…go to Windows settings, Update & Security, Recovery, Advanced Startup (restart now), Troubleshoot, Advanced Options, UEFI Firmware Settings…Restart..voila…BIOS SCREEN.

Then set the boot options to:
    FAST BOOT should be DISABLED  <– which allows the built-in display keyboard to appear, if needed during boot.
    Setup  Prompt Timeout: 10  <– which allows enough time to click the keyboard during boot.
    IGD Turbo Enable: Enabled <– This makes the tablet snappy and FAST!

REMOVING Teclast DUAL BOOT MENU:
    If dual boot menu appears, after BIOS reset…Upper right corner is windows and Android…UNCHECK the BOX, then (click Windows?) and OK..

HORACIO WILLE MULLER
    Participant

Hi! My situation is the inverse. Please, somebody help me. I bought an Intel Stick, which came with Windows 10 and Android installed. There was a boot menu to choose which OS to load. But, i accidentally deactived this menu (there was an option “don’t show this menu again”….something like that). I have no idea how to enable It again. The menu is exactly as show in this picture: http://download.aldo.com.br/ultracom…-descrição.jpg

Please help me!!!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Joel
    Participant

Opem the unit with a credit card and guitar pick.  Then disconnect the battery plug connector…this will reset the bios and the menu you want will then appear.  Good luck…

I just re-read your post and see your problem is with an Intel stick…whatever that is…so not sure how you’re going to fix that…but it may be the same as I posted.

HORACIO WILLE MULLER
    Participant

Didn’t work after this BIOS reset.

Joel
    Participant

Did you disconnect the power from the BIOS completely?  A reset is not the same thing.

Here is a breakdown of the interior of the Intel Compute Stick, and you can see there is a CMOS battery in there…disconnect the tiny connector to the coin battery, count to 10 and reconnect.

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7099/intel-compute-stick-stck1a32wfc-2gb-windows-8-1-review/index3.html

HORACIO WILLE MULLER
    Participant

In the BIOS setup, there is an option to set everything to default. So, i think is unnecessary to remove the battery. The effect will be the same. It looks like, when i clicked to “don’t show It again”, some boot file was edit, removing Android from the boot options menu. Maybe bcedit?

Igor ĆURČIJA
    Participant

Hi, there.

I have CUBE i10 with Android 4.4 KitKat and Windows 10. Android is stop working, and there’s insuficient place for Windows update. Can I remove Android, and use all disk for Windows?

Chupa
    Participant

sure,

low level format, remove partitions, reinstall win 10

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Dominik
    Participant

Hello, i don’t have that check box in the left corner and found out how to disable the menu:

go to windows -> press start -> type “command prompt” -> right click -> run as administrator -> run the following command:

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu no

Same thing if you want to reactivate it:

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes

found here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/teclast-tbook-restore-dual-boot-menu/42df64a9-98bc-490b-af0c-d11df7202e3d

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password