Chuwi H10 32to64bit upgrade [V200] + NEW BIOS and image [V300]

Chuwi H10 32to64bit upgrade [V200] + NEW BIOS and image [V300]

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion Chuwi H10 32to64bit upgrade [V200] + NEW BIOS and image [V300]

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    mooh
    Participant

Thanks Przemo and Kurai, your method is working. Now0 I got the 64bits windows 10 without any problems (just a little bit when installing windows it said you have some conflict and need to restart, then the installation’s solved and done.

Przemo
    Participant

Uploading image for V300 and new bios for V300 (607) + new wifi drivers.

Thijs S.
    Participant

Can I ask you where you are getting these files 🙂 ?

Links please

Thanks for the work so far! upgrading the 605 v300 to your latest addition now

Przemo
    Participant
    Thijs S.
    Participant

Confirmed working!
    Only thing is that the “driver” of the wifi chip seems to be more of a frimware (same flashing procedure only now on windows , than with bios flashing)  than a actual Driver.

Any idea what has changed with updating the bios?  only that the number now is 607?

Przemo
    Participant

Yes it’s only new BIOS. I think it may be WiFi fix for V300.

Fran
    Participant

Hi !

Ok I´m Spanish and my English is very bad, someone can upload a video do the process?

Or someone can explain whith picture to update the last version?

Whith this update all work ok?

Thank for all

Andreas
    Participant

Anyone else having installed windows clean after BIOS update? not chuwi windows, you own installation I mean.

Im having trouble with the broadcom wlan driver, It cant find any wireless networks even though there are several around. Anyone have a fix for this?

kurai
    Participant

When I was first poking around the Chuwi factory installed 32-bit Win10 I noticed a Broadcom settings file in with the leftovers of the Windows Unattended Install scripts. I didn’t actually look that deeply at the install setup scripts so I can’t tell you if it was critical, or how exactly it got applied to the Windows infrastructure.

If you want to investigate yourself to see if it has any bearing on your issue you can find it (and other ancilliary install files) at:-
    C:\Recovery\OEM\43430r0nvram.txt

EDIT: I’ve put the contents of the file up at Pastebin, in case you don’t have a backup of the original install:- http://pastebin.com/Nk9rQpRu

Przemo
    Participant

Andreas
    Wifi driver is inside “C106(X64)–全部驱动.rar” but you need to unpack “DHD_1.496_Win10_x86_x64_SDIO_driver_with_installshield.zip” form WIFI\V200.

kurai
    In file “\WIFI\安装V200_wifi驱动须知.txt” is information about ?copy? this file to c:\windows\system32\drivers\. Next readable for me is “disable/enable wifi device” 🙂

Fran
    Participant

I try to contact with vc Lemon for Win 10 32 bit and answer me :

my friend, it is confirmed that the chuwi factory has solved the problem of 64bit, and the technology person is now making the software for upgrade, will upgrade on the official web within 2weeks, please understand and later you can also uprgade on the official web, if anything more need our help please feel free to contact us, best regards-susan

Andreas
    Participant

kurai & Przemo

Thanks for your help guys! I had already installed the driver you specified Przemo but it didnt work.

The .txt file you mentioned Kurai was already in place in the system32\drivers folder but was not called .txt at the end and looked a bit different when opened.

What I had to do to get it to work was to rename the original textfile to something else and then rename the file you gave me by removing the .txt.

A disable/enable later and I finally see my networks!!

kurai
    Participant

Glad to be of help 🙂

Perhaps the driver in the RAR is the unaltered generic direct from Broadcom, and the nvram settings are required to hook up properly with whatever customisations Chuwi have made to the hardware/packaging/antennae.

kurai
    Participant

Looks like Chuwi have finally put up “official” instructions on how to upgrade to 64-bit :-
    http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-15-1-1.html

The actual operations are exactly the same as those @Przemo put together for us, simply organised to run all in one go, and from a single OTG-USB connection.

Quite why they specify the OTG port + hub + 2 thumbdrives I don’t know. Perhaps that’s the only input port “guaranteed” to be readable by the firmware if the UEFI is in some sort of corrupt or error state ?

For what it’s worth I left mine plugged & charging via the micro-USB/OTG port and did the file operations with thumbdrives in the USB3 port, and all worked fine. 😉

Bart Van Rooijen
    Participant

they posted a guide on the offical chuwi forum,

http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-15-1-1.html

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password