Chuwi Hi8 Android Unusable with pluged in Headphones

Chuwi Hi8 Android Unusable with pluged in Headphones

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Discussion Chuwi Hi8 Android Unusable with pluged in Headphones

This topic contains 24 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Radomir Mazoń 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Hodor
    Participant

Every time I plug in headphones Google Voice Search launch. If i close the App it takes fractions of a second and it starts again.
    Android is impossible to use.
    Here’s what I’ve tried:
    Reinstall the app
    factory reste
    Video of the defect: https://youtu.be/KUkSgXmoXhc
    Yours sincerely

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi, just tested on mine and no issues. But I know whats causing this, you’re using a headset with a remote on it? vol+/- and pause/start button? This is the issue, if I double click the start button google now will launch. So please try another headset and also try one without a mic or remote. Just a plan stereo one.

Please let me know how you get on.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Hodor
    Participant

Chris thanks for the answer and the great reviews
    But I use normal in Ear Headphones. I have also tested an Audio Jack Cable and a Steelseries Headset. Both produce the same issue.

Thomas
    Participant

I’ve tried two headphones with standard jack. The cheap ones caused the exact same problem, the quality ones worked fine.

You should try with another set of headphones.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Chris thanks for the answer and the great reviews
    But I use normal in Ear Headphones. I have also tested an Audio Jack Cable and a Steelseries Headset. Both produce the same issue.

Try another headset s suggested above. If not, the port is bad and there is a short in the plug causing it to think you are pushing that start/play/pause remote button on some headsets.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Mike Lam
    Participant

My hi8 has the same problem.  I tested on another hi8 and it has no problem,i.e. normal speaker output, no Google voice.

The difference is in the Google add-on I’ve installed on the problem Hi8.  The normal hi8 at least does not have Google voice installed.

I need google stuff, cloud service etc., so, let it be.

jvdhaak
    Participant

I’m experieing the same problem, strange thing is that at first (watching Netflix) I didn’t have this problem. But today it started. Any solutions?

Update: I only have the problem with a headset without volume control, I connected a headset with volume control and microphone and I didn’t get Google.

Anonymous

I’ve been having the same issue. I use a pair of headphones with a microphone and it stops it from happening. Any regular set of headphones causes me issues.

No issues with it in Windows.

carel
    Participant

Hi,

my hi8 just arrived , and i have the same problem, but when i slowly put my headphones in , and with a little bit of an angle  so i don’t hit the detector for the microphone(wich is located at top). it get’s detected as  a headphone without a microphone. and i don’t have the issue. its a little bit tricky but it works for me.

shadow .
    Participant

Good morning friends today I’ll share the solution to the problem of good headphones on Android and the solution is to enter without the connected headphones Facebook (Facebook app) after entering what they need to do is play video and before start playing the video have to connect the headphones and that was it! let the video ends and once you finish and may leave the app and enjoy your videos songs and everything else pardon my English but not speak it very well

Stefan
    Participant

I have the same issue with any headphone cheap or quality, even with a dedicated microphone (which has another jack for regular headphones to turn them into a headset).

I just insert them very carefully, not all the way in but sticking 1-2 mm out, then all works just fine.

Viktor
    Participant

I have noticed the same thing, tho it didn’t rly bother me.

I usually use a regular pair of stereo headphones (2 “rings” on the 3.5mm connector) and have no problems with them whatsoever.
    I tried my girlfriends’ iPhone 5s headphones (3 “rings” have +/-/call button with the integrated mic) and if I insert them all the way in, Android goes crazy. If leave a bit of space I have no problems (haven’t tested, but I assume the mic doesn’t connect this way)

Chris G
    Keymaster

It’s like I said before, 2 pole style plug without mic or remote works fine for me on my Hi8. But my LG G4 headphones cause issues. Most of these Chinese tablets, if not all of them only support a standard stereo headset 2 pole plug.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Stefan
    Participant

Like I said before, two pole, three pole, no remote, makes no difference for me. When ipush them all the way in, Android is going bat shit crazy. I suppose you could craft a tiny plastic ring as spacer, putting it over the plug before inserting.

Gogeta
    Participant

Hi, i have the same problem only on android. In windows 10 all my headphone work correctly.

How to reporter this issue to chuwi? They have an official forum? I use the tablet on 90% with headphone and this is very frustrating

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password