Chuwi SurBook or Chuwi Hi13

Chuwi SurBook or Chuwi Hi13

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi General Discussion Chuwi SurBook or Chuwi Hi13

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    arjan
    Participant

Hello,

I saw this:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/chuwi-surbook-affordable-2-in-1-intel-pc-tablet–3#/

What should i do? Wait for the Chuwi Surbook (Money difference is not a problem!) or buy the Chuwi Hi13 right now?

Chuwi Hi13

I’m not gonna use the magnetic pen and i’m gonna use the tablet for home use. (Browsing forums, watching a YouTube video, do some simple tasks like uploading and (Maybe!!) a simple game from  the windows store)

The Chuwi Surbook looks a lot better than the Chuwi Hi13. I hope you guys can help me 🙂

Am i going up or down when i’m buying the Chuwi SurBook.

Edit:
    i see everybody talking about the “Intel M3” processor here, and yes i know it’s faster but is is it really noticeable and worth waiting? (I want a good tablet now not wait another 4 months or longer…)

Chris G
    Keymaster

All depends on what you want, a kickstand tablet or a larger tablet without the stand.

If you demand better performance I recommend the Core M3

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Chris G
    Keymaster

All depends on what you want, a kickstand tablet or a larger tablet without the stand.

If you demand better performance I recommend the Core M3

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Tony
    Participant

The Surbook seems like a more flexible option as it is a good home laptop/tablet & a travel computer. The problem is that it has not been reviewed yet, whereas the HI13 has been released & reviewed. The Surbook will be reviewed in July if the release date is accurate.

arjan
    Participant

So.. It’s better to wait when Chuwi releases a tablet like this with a M3 processor? How long do i have to wait? 3 months?

Tony
    Participant

A Surbook 2 or Pro with a better CPU & other improvements may take a while, IMHO. Chuwi will be happy to keep selling the current Surbook if the production & sales hold up.

Longer than 3 months would be my guess, although a 2nd model may be advertised sooner to keep people interested.

arjan
    Participant

What should you do? Wait or buy the surbook or hi13? I realy have no idea and i want a good tablet right now.

Tony
    Participant

As Chris said, it depends on what you want. All the tech on these low powered laptops is definitely good enough for media & web use. So, the only decision is design & port configuration; you need to consider how much stuff you want to connect to the device, such as printer, 2nd display and so on.

I like the Surbook as it is a travel laptop with good ports, but its not available at the moment and I can wait.

arjan
    Participant

I’m still doubt.. I realy don’t know what to do, as long as it wont stutter it’s a excellent tablet but i hear a lot of people it’s stuttering (Hi13), slow between tabs in chrome etc. (Maybe the 6gb ram will fix that but i dont know).

Tony
    Participant

Well, all of these tablet/laptops are low powered, so you will see stutter or lag sometimes depending on what you do. I am surprised that Photoshop appears to be usable. They are good machines for light work,. They are not like the traditional laptops that cost $600 or so, as these have 1TB drives, good graphic chips and i5/i7 CPU.

The cheap tablet/combination machines are good devices, I think, but you will always see some limitation sooner rather than later.

arjan
    Participant

Well, all of these tablet/laptops are low powered, so you will see stutter or lag sometimes depending on what you do. I am surprised that Photoshop appears to be usable. They are good machines for light work,. They are not like the traditional laptops that cost $600 or so, as these have 1TB drives, good graphic chips and i5/i7 CPU. The cheap tablet/combination machines are good devices, I think, but you will always see some limitation sooner rather than later.

Do you own a Chuwi hi13? I think i’m just gonna try the Surbook

Tony
    Participant

No Chuwi device yet. I got a Cube i12 last year as a gift for someone and tested it, optimized it, and it worked very well.

I have ordered the Surbook, as it is the same tablet/laptop combination as the Cube i12 except it has a better CPU, better screen & a good selection of ports. The problem is that the Surbook is not released and so no proper review is available.  Maybe next month.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar