Chuwi Vi10 Plus stylus

Chuwi Vi10 Plus stylus

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion Chuwi Vi10 Plus stylus

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Yagnesh
    Participant

Has anybody used active pen stylus with Chuwi Vi10 plus tablet? Can you please provide your feedback on that?

Chuwi doesn’t mention which stylus works with Vi10 plus. Is it Hipen 2 stylus?

Pawel
    Participant

Gearbest says this one works with vi10 plus. Haven’t tested it (still wait for my tablet) http://m.gearbest.com/tablet-accessories/pp_435776.html?wid=21

Yagnesh
    Participant

Thanks Pawel for your reply. Yes, this one clearly mentions about vi10 plus support. But, it is strange that I couldn’t find this stylus using search box in Gearbest 🙂

Yagnesh
    Participant

I read on Gearbest Q&A that Chuwi hipen 2 stylus doesn’t work with vi10 plus remix 2 OS.

emily
    Participant

Hello,
    I can sure that Hipen H2 can work for Vi10 Plus Remix OS. I have tested it.

Yagnesh
    Participant

Hi emily

That is quite good to know. Thanks for your reply. I was holding on to buy the stylus, but now I can buy 🙂

Yagnesh
    Participant

@emily,

http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-accessories/pp_435776.html?wid=21

Is above hipen h2 stylus? Gearbest doesn’t mention this as hipen h2 stylus. I couldn’t locate hipen h2 stylus anywhere including chuwi website.

Max Glenister
    Participant

@emily, http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-accessories/pp_435776.html?wid=21 Is above hipen h2 stylus? Gearbest doesn’t mention this as hipen h2 stylus. I couldn’t locate hipen h2 stylus anywhere including chuwi website.

I’ve installed Windows 10 on my “Remix OS” edition Vi10 Plus and the stylus works perfectly under windows.

Yagnesh
    Participant

@Max, that is great to know. Is it the same stylus which you used (http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-accessories/pp_435776.html?wid=21)?

Can you please link me to “how to install windows 10 on vi10 plus”?

Max Glenister
    Participant

@yagnesh yes that very same stylus. It works great as a pointer device, and works with Microsoft’s Ink applications. It’s not recognised as a stylus by Photoshop though.

Follow the instructions here to install Windows 10: http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-2254-1-1.html

The image provided by Chuwi is Windows 10 Pro 64bit, but it’s not activated.

If you want to update to the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition you might struggle with the 32GB as the installation requires 20GB of free space. To get around this, you can make an installer USB using Microsoft’s “Media Creation Tool” and upgrade with that.

omer
    Participant

@max did you flash a new bios then installed windows ? did you install windows only ? If you did install windows only can you use the full 32gb as a whole, not 20gb + 10 gb(where android would go if it was installed)  as 2 partitions.

Josh
    Participant

@omgmog (Max) I have the Vi10 Plus 2GB/32GB from GearBest and I ordered the HiPen H2 from BangGood before it was available on GearBest. It is not working for me in Windows or any other OS and I am wondering if I have some kind of issue.  Do you see any kind of driver installed in device manager under Windows?  When I go to System properties in Windows it also mentions only “Touch support” and does not say “Pen and touch support” like I was thinking it should.  Does yours mention “Pen and touch support” or only “Touch support”?

My stylus looks exactly like the one pictured in the links in this thread — it has the micro USB charging port on the back end and the clip with the white button on it (that turns to blue when you turn it on and flashes red/blue when you long press to turn it off).  It does not work in Windows or otherwise for me!!

Any thoughts?

Edit: also my tablet was the Remix-only version which I flashed the new BIOS and Android+Windows using the files and instructions from the Chuwi forums. Is your tablet the Dual OS version or did you buy a Remix-only version and then flash it with Windows and/or Android?

Max Glenister
    Participant

@omgmog (Max) I have the Vi10 Plus 2GB/32GB from GearBest and I ordered the HiPen H2 from BangGood before it was available on GearBest. It is not working for me in Windows or any other OS and I am wondering if I have some kind of issue. Do you see any kind of driver installed in device manager under Windows? When I go to System properties in Windows it also mentions only “Touch support” and does not say “Pen and touch support” like I was thinking it should. Does yours mention “Pen and touch support” or only “Touch support”? My stylus looks exactly like the one pictured in the links in this thread — it has the micro USB charging port on the back end and the clip with the white button on it (that turns to blue when you turn it on and flashes red/blue when you long press to turn it off). It does not work in Windows or otherwise for me!! Any thoughts? Edit: also my tablet was the Remix-only version which I flashed the new BIOS and Android+Windows using the files and instructions from the Chuwi forums. Is your tablet the Dual OS version or did you buy a Remix-only version and then flash it with Windows and/or Android?

@joshg
    If your pen is the same as this one it should work fine http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-accessories/pp_435776.html?wid=21

It’s an active stylus, so will only work while the pen is turned on. You can do this by pressing the plastic button on the metal part of the pen so that the light turns blue.

I didn’t have to install any extra drivers, and Windows 10 detects it just as it does a finger. So though it technically is a stylus, and can use Windows Ink, it doesn’t have any pressure variance and doesn’t work in Photoshop 🙁

Max Glenister
    Participant

@max did you flash a new bios then installed windows ? did you install windows only ? If you did install windows only can you use the full 32gb as a whole, not 20gb + 10 gb(where android would go if it was installed) as 2 partitions.

@mnomer
    I updated the BIOS as Emily said to on the Chuwi forums, but I didn’t install Android, just Windows.

At boot I see the option to boot Android, but that’s it. My partition layout is as follows:

• 100MB EFI
    • 27.81GB Windows
    • 1000MB Windows Recovery

With that, Windows uses about 12GB of the partition before anything else has been installed. I would recommend buying a 128GB micro SD card.

Josh
    Participant

@joshg If your pen is the same as this one it should work fine http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-accessories/pp_435776.html?wid=21 It’s an active stylus, so will only work while the pen is turned on. You can do this by pressing the plastic button on the metal part of the pen so that the light turns blue. I didn’t have to install any extra drivers, and Windows 10 detects it just as it does a finger. So though it technically is a stylus, and can use Windows Ink, it doesn’t have any pressure variance and doesn’t work in Photoshop ?

@omgmog
    (Max) thank you for writing back so quickly! I am thinking there might be something wrong with my tablet or possibly my stylus. On my tablet there is a little creaking sound on the edge of the screen in a few places, and if I clean it off very well and hold it under a bright light, it almost looks like the whole screen has been depressed a little bit. I noticed that the box was a little smashed when I got it, and there is not really any protective packing on top of the screen, so wondering if it got smashed a little or something that might mess up the digitizer somehow?

I can turn on the pen and the light is blue, but literally nothing happens. I found that what I am seeing with the pen is the same whether I have it turned on or off .. it is not recognizing it at all.  Was your tablet the 2/32 Remix-only model that you later flashed to dual OS?

I also tried in Remix with the stylus just now (re-flashed to Remix-only) and the active stylus is not working there, either.  I just sent a service ticket message to Gearbest to see what they say — hopefully maybe it can just be replaced or returned and I can get a new one that is working.

Also Max, do you have an issue in Remix or Android where pushing the power button to resume from sleep takes about 10 seconds if it has been sleeping for more than a few minutes?  I am starting to wonder if that is related to my screen issue as well?

The touch part of the screen and everything else seems fine for the most part .. hmmm. 😐

Thank you again!

Josh

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar