Chuwi Vi10 Plus stylus

Chuwi Vi10 Plus stylus

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion Chuwi Vi10 Plus stylus

This topic contains 28 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  liushen 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Max Glenister
    Participant

@joshg some answers to your points, from my experience:

On my tablet there is a little creaking sound on the edge of the screen in a few places

The same happens with mine, and the whole device can be flexed a bit. I think this is just down to how the screen is secured to the metal portion of the device

if I clean it off very well and hold it under a bright light, it almost looks like the whole screen has been depressed a little bit

This may just be because it’s not a “fully laminated” display. I noticed in some video reviews that they mentioned this, that there is a gap between the display and the top layer of plastic/glass.

Was your tablet the 2/32 Remix-only model that you later flashed to dual OS?

Yep, Remix OS 2GB/32GB model, did the BIOS update and install Windows 10 using the image provided by Emily.

I also tried in Remix with the stylus just now (re-flashed to Remix-only) and the active stylus is not working there, either.

Sounds like your stylus might be a dud then. See if you can get a replacement. They’re quite cheap on Gearbest at the moment.

Also Max, do you have an issue in Remix or Android where pushing the power button to resume from sleep takes about 10 seconds if it has been sleeping for more than a few minutes?  I am starting to wonder if that is related to my screen issue as well?

I didn’t use Remix or Android for long enough to measure this, but even with Windows sometimes it’s a bit slow to wake. From button press to showing the login screen takes about 5s most of the time.

Hope that all helps!

omer
    Participant

That’s good to know. Thank you so much. I would like to ask you another question though. Temperatures  ? How are they ? Does it throttle at any point ? Did you try any games  ?

Josh
    Participant

@omgmog (Max) Thank you very much for the time you have spent and for all of your detailed answers!

The same happens with mine, and the whole device can be flexed a bit. I think this is just down to how the screen is secured to the metal portion of the device

This may just be because it’s not a “fully laminated” display. I noticed in some video reviews that they mentioned this, that there is a gap between the display and the top layer of plastic/glass.

Here I am not really talking about a depression or gap between the top surface and the display itself, but instead the very edge of the plastic where it comes to the corners of the tablet. It almost looks like the entire plastic of mine has been smashed inwards a little. I am attaching some pictures with annotation so you can see more information. Along one corner and along the top edge, there is a depression in the plastic at the edge that you can feel with your finger if you run it across the screen at the edge. Also, at this same bottom corner is where I can feel the plastic press in and make a clicking sound.

In my attached photos, I tried to capture how you can kind of see this depression on the edges when you look at reflections at a certain angle on the edge of the screen.

I am wondering if this has something to do with my active stylus not working correctly–maybe something with the digitizer is somehow damaged which is causing my problem?

Max, would you mind letting me know if your screen has any of the same kind of depressions or curves at the very edge like you can see in my photos? Or is it perfectly smooth/flat instead?

Thank you again!

Josh

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Yagnesh
    Participant

@omgmog  (Max), Did you notice “system not going to sleep, display automatically turns ON after sometime” issue when docked to keyboard in Windows OS environment? This issue is quite common on Remix OS but not sure whether it exists on Windows OS.

Josh
    Participant

@omgmog Max I have sort of found that my stylus does seem to be a little bit recognized in Remix, but it does not work very well at all. It is very intermittent and there is a lot of skips, and the trace doesn’t keep up with the tip of the pen. I tried to upload a video showing it here, but it looks like techtablets doesn’t support video uploads? So I have uploaded it to a 7-day temporary storage here if anyone would like to download and see:
    http://filenurse.com/download/1b557d09314d37e22eb117cc3b864bae.html

Max, does your stylus work similarly to this, or does it work much better than this? It really seems like there is something defective with either of my devices, and because of the ripple and clicking on the edge of my screen (see above for photos), I am still suspecting the tablet itself has some sort of issue 🙁

Josh
    Participant

Well just as a cheap trial, I have gone ahead and ordered a new HiPen H2 from Gearbest to see if that solves the issue. Geekbuying offered me an $8 credit since it would take 2+ months to return and resend a new pen but I guess I am not really looking to take advantage of anyone … since I was able to get a new one from Gearbest with 7-day shipping to the US for around $11 after some GB points and cash back, then I figured that would be a pretty easy test and doesn’t put me out of pocket too much. We’ll see in about a week if that fixes my issues or if it is really the tablet 🙂

emily
    Participant

Yes, it is Hipen H2 for Chuwi VI 10 PLUS / Hi 10 PLUS / Hi 10 Pro
    http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-accessories/pp_435776.html?wid=21

Gal
    Participant

Hi guys!

Does the chuwi vi10 plus supports stylus palm rejection? (laying your hands on the screen and ignoring the hand and react only to the stylus)

Josh
    Participant

Yes, it is Hipen H2 for Chuwi VI 10 PLUS / Hi 10 PLUS / Hi 10 Pro
    http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-accessories/pp_435776.html?wid=21

Hi emily, yes I originally bought from here: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Original-Chuwi-Vi10-Plus—Hi10-Pro-Hipen-H2-Active-Stylus—Black-371058.html

But it is not really working correctly (per my videos and posts above) so just as a test I ordered a new one from Gearbest (same link you posted) and hopefully I will test and see if it is different or not.

Josh
    Participant

Quick status update on this…

I ordered another HiPen H2 from Gearbest to see if my issues were with my other HiPen H2 and that did seem to fix my problem. The new HiPen H2 seems to work fine with my device in all environments. 🙂

DreamySkull
    Participant

Quick status update on this… I ordered another HiPen H2 from Gearbest to see if my issues were with my other HiPen H2 and that did seem to fix my problem. The new HiPen H2 seems to work fine with my device in all environments. ?

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the update.

I am kind of having similar issues with Stylus, only with my Hi 10 Plus (not Vi 10 Plus). In Remix OS, the stylus sometimes works – I am testing it in Sketch app from Sony Mobile. However, it is difficult to maintain continuity and the stylus just stops to draw even a line or arc and instead the sketch comes out with dots and is thus working intermittently. It is not at all smooth.

I initially though it might due to the screen protector that comes preinstalled when you buy the tablet. But reading your posts, it might not be due to this protector but some issue with the pen itself. It is still a mystery to me that when you changed your stylus it started to work. How does it work now? Smooth and you are able to draw lines and write words smoothly without any breaks?

And is palm rejection working?

Is the pressure sensitivity working?

I am not sure if I have to ask Gearbest to replace my Hi Pen 2 for Hi 10 Plus?

What do you think?

thanks,

Sunny

Josh
    Participant

Hi Sunny,

I apologize it has taken me a few weeks to get back to you.

I did receive my new stylus and it does work much better.  It is not perfect, but it is way better than the previous one.  Occasionally it will skip during drawing or writing but it is maybe less than 5% of the time.  It happens probably much more than it should, but it is significantly better than it was before (Where I was lucky if it would actually write the line at all 5% of the time!).

Palm rejection does seem to work but it is the kind where the pen tip must be touching the screen before you rest your palm or wrist against the screen.  From there, you can leave your palm against the screen and lift the pen up and down to write or draw, and it seems to usually continue to ignore it.  If you ever lift your wrist, you always have to make sure to touch the tip of the pen to the screen before you lay your wrist back down on it (otherwise it will pick up your wrist as a touch before the pen and start going crazy!).

Pressure sensitivity doesn’t seem to be working well from what I can tell, if at all.. I will try to test a little more and see.

So bottom line, because it does still have occasional skips (though not a huge amount), this is probably not great if you are an artist, but it is a pretty good pointing device and decent from some quick note taking.

Maybe it does have something to do with the screen protector?  I am not sure.. that could be possible I suppose!

Rampire
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I have purchased Chuwi Vi10 Plus and HiPen H2 stylus recently. My experience was good at first but then everything turned bad. I noticed that Windows 10 doesn’t have “Pen and touch” section in Settings – just as if the screen didn’t have an active digitizer. The pen worked fine, however.

At this point I decided to try and update the touch drivers – and this was my biggest mistake. Now I experience the widely described ghost touches and problems with calibration. One touch input from me results in two touches on different parts of the screen. I tried manually installing the Vi10 Plus drivers, with no success. When I try to restore via DoubleDriver, it says that restore.ini is missing from the drivers directory.

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me to resolve either of the issues.

EDIT: I successfully managed to repair the touch screen problem with Vi10 Plus. I tried reinstalling the drivers many times, which didn’t help. I thought that maybe I could take a look at the second file included in Sileadtouch driver: mshidkdmf.sys. After unsuccessful attempts to delete it (despite having all necessary permissions) I tried to move it out of the /system32/drivers folder. I also removed all files with “Silead” in its name. I then pasted the driver files from Hi10 Plus and rebooted. Touch didn’t work and I noticed driver errors in Device Manager. This is when I moved mshidkdmf.sys back to /system32/drivers and rebooted. Boom, the touch works perfect now.

liushen
    Participant

why not use a graphics drawing tablet , I have a xp-pen Artist 12  drawing tablet with screen , it also have a stylus without battery and no need to charge . its pen pressure levels is 8192 levels .Windows Ink and XP-Pen drivers play nice together . you can learn more from their offical store https://www.storexppen.com

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password