Clean Windows update.

Clean Windows update.

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum Clean Windows update.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Dean
    Participant

I had a bad windows version, once I downloaded a new copy, it booted. It is way better than the original install. That version would never show my correct time and this is showing the correct time. Thanks for your help

BoORD_L
    Participant

welcome mate 😉

What I've used and what I've got:
    TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

DicedPixel
    Participant
    A small update.
    I received the tablet, I've updated the bios to 2.7. That went well.

I opened it and did the thermal mod with a shim and proper thermal pads. That went well. Shitty procedure, but it worked.

Changed the SSD to a 240 GB one. That went well.

Installed a clean windows 10. That went well.

Installed drivers and tweaked windows for a while to optimize it and remove the microshit spyware. That was boring as always.

I get 33 degrees in idle. 67 on full load. I will use this tablet for internet browsing, skype, watching movies and some touch supported games.

What am I to do with the 128 GB SSD ? Will that sell on Ebay ?

Now my two cents, after building PC for two decades, from a usability point of view vs what it costed :

After a day of use, the battery lasted around 7 hours of just playing with it ( windows tweaking) , no games. Screen was at 40%

I would say it is almost ok, but I would never buy it again. I am a bit sorry about the money now. This is not a product to last a few years. I give it max 2.

The standard charger only outputs 2A. The battery gets charged only 89%. Motherfucker. I wonder if it's Cube or Banggood that chose that charger.

Will look into buying a proper Type C charger with PD , around 60W. Maybe that will charge the battery to 100%. ( wasn't the 2.7 BIOS supposed to fix that, or was just to display the correct battery values , work hours and capacity ?)

Anyway, it was fun, but never again :) I am looking now for a screen protector, the keyboard for it will arrive in a couple of days.

Cristian

BoORD_L
    Participant

I’ve bought this charger and it is working really good:

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01EN3HLT2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bios 2.7 fix the correct battery value, anyway my standard charger is 2.5A but even if the usb c charger linked output 2A at 12 V it can full charge the tablet.

I’ve bought that usb c charger after a reading on 4pda where someone was suggesting that charger

TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

.oOOo.
    Participant

I’ve bought this charger and it is working really good: https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01EN3HLT2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

What is the highest charging rate you’ve seen for your charger in BatteryBar?

My Anker PowerPort+ 5 USB-C never gets over 13.5 Watt. Which is enough for daily use, but a bit disappointing for a charger that can deliver 29 Watt.

BoORD_L
    Participant

same and even with the original charger (2,5A) i’ve got max that value

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar