Cube CDK05 transformer keyboard dock for Cube iWork 10 Ultimate

Cube CDK05 transformer keyboard dock for Cube iWork 10 Ultimate

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Cube CDK05 transformer keyboard dock for Cube iWork 10 Ultimate

This topic contains 25 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Zinji 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

E
    Participant

In case anyone else is interested, my Trekstor SurfTab Duo W1 Keyboard arrived yesterday. The Trekstor tablet is basically identical to the Windows-only 32GB/2GB Cube iWork 10 tablet, and the keyboard also fits perfectly on an iWork10 Ultimate. The keyboard layout is German QWERTZ and the hinge and back have a black rubberised coating which actually fits good with the blue paint job of the tablet and has a nice grippy feel. The four rubber feet are there as well, as well as a small Trekstor logo, the model (Surftab Duo W1) and a CE logo printed in white.

In other words, for less than the price of the Cube keyboard (30€ + P&P) you can in Europe buy a localised version of the same keyboard (so long as your locale is German, but for other locales you can put stickers on I guess the same as if you get the US layout).

richie
    Participant

shame, I’ve ordered a keyboard from Banggood at nearly double the price .. but I hope it helps others

Henry Atcorner
    Participant

Hi, E

The Tekstor seems to be very similar to the Cube CDK05, Do you think that the keys could possibly be snaped out in order to switch them to another layout. Evil E who statrted this topic mentioned that it looks very difficult on the original model because there isn’t enough room arround the keys to insert a removal tool.

Do you feel this would also be the case with the Tekstor model ?

Thank You

Henry

E
    Participant

Hi Henry,

technically the TrekStor keyboard is, so far as I can see, absolutely identical to the Cube CDK05 – just a different finish on the bottom side. The keys are therefore going to be just as difficult to snap out as Evil E described above.

I guess you might be out of luck on this one, unless you manage to find a local brand offering a product from the same ODM.

E

Martin Gorbush
    Participant

Good news. It seems I will search for aproximetely half a year and see if there are any tablets with similar keyboard dock with english layout or original dock price is cut in half. If they will be cheeper then I will consider buying them. Right now spending one third of tablet price just for keyboard working only with this model is to much for me.

George Anas
    Participant

For whoever interested in the original Cube iWork 10 keyboard, have a look around, because prices are getting higher …

I remember it was around $40 and now in best case it is $48 and mostly it is $60+

Arnold Samuel Chan
    Participant

I wonder how strong the “lugs” that hold the tablet?
    i think the tablet’s weight stressed over only on those 2 lugs. Not sure it’s going longlasting with the design

Michael
    Participant

I got the keyboard today. But it seems to be impossible to push the part with the pin holder backwards so that it is possible to dock the tablet. Is there any locking mechanism which i don’t get? anyone with this issue?

ScutMonkey
    Participant

I got the keyboard today. But it seems to be impossible to push the part with the pin holder backwards so that it is possible to dock the tablet. Is there any locking mechanism which i don’t get? anyone with this issue?

The same thing happened with me.  I ended up sliding the tablet onto the keyboard face down and then it opened easily.  It made me nervous that it would scratch the glass but it didn’t.

Michael
    Participant

I’m glad this really did the trick. Thanks for your support.

Zinji
    Participant

Hi

I using it. And keyboard is good but touchpad verry bad, U can’t touch, drag or use gesture of windows 10 with it. Almost, I used touch screen more than touchpad, but when u take on dock, using touch screen inconvenience. I was update windows to Windows 10 anniversary

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password