Cube i7 book keyboard malfunction. 

Cube i7 book keyboard malfunction. 

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Cube i7 book keyboard malfunction. 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  siddhesh 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Andy
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’ve had the cube for a while now and all has been great apart form the sound level of course. I stashed it away for a few months and now when I took it out the keyboard somehow malfunctions. I’ve spent hours trying to figure out what is happening. But I can’t get any clear answer.. Sometimes it’s like either the alt, ctrl, windows key or FN key is pressed. Sometimes the A key or Q key is pressed, sometimes no letter keys work but caps and other funruns.ph keys work.

Strangely enough when the keyboard is docked the same problem transfers to the windows touch keyboard. Even if I see the keys depress on screen it doesn’t type the letter. After a restart without the keyboard the touch keyboard works fine. So this only happens with the keyboard attached.

So… Somehow the keyboard when attached messes up the whole window   driver for the keyboard… USB ports stil work fine and touch pad movement is fine but right and left click get mixed up and act strange.

In the beginning I thought I had a bad virus but after reinstalling and testing for hours it’s definitely because of the keyboard and not anything else.

My question is any idea what to do it is it time to chuck it in the bin?

Cheers

Andy
    Participant

wow same thing happened to me… never found a solution apart form using my android phone as a remote keyboard… did you find a solution?

siddhesh
    Participant

Guys, any suggestion? I’m having exactly the same issue!

Andy
    Participant

Nops I never got an answer… And now I got a strange touch screen issue… I get tons of false touches just at the bottom of the display… Nice little machine but too many problems now… Button not working, keyboard messed up and now screen…

Andy
    Participant

I actually took the keyboard totally apart yesterday .. Layer by layer. As it’s plastic welded in place. And I saw like 6,7 spots where the plate that holds the plastic sheet with the switches had corroded. And I am 100% sure I have  ever got it wet in anyway… And it wasn’t corroded in on area it was spread all over the keyboard. So easy anser is chick the keyboard and buy a new one. I even separated the plastic layers holding the momentary switches and in the process broke some traces . So I bought a conductive ink pen and I’ll try to fix it with that… Just to see if I can….

Paul
    Participant

I also have a kb malfunction due to a tiny drop of coffee getting dropped on it. As a result one row of keys have stopped working. I have also taken it partly apart but have stopped when I saw all the little welded spots. I would love to buy a new kb but can’t  find one anywhere. If anyone knows of one for sale please post here ?.

I just could not live without the form factor in my life so have been forced to go out and get a Surface Pro. I have to say that whilst I really liked the Cube, the genuine Microsoft original is just fantastic ?

Chupa
    Participant

just replace with bluetooth kb with or without trackpad

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

siddhesh
    Participant

Is it worth re-purchasing the cube i7 keyboard ( assuming it is still available ? ) or should I just buy a generic bluetooth keyboard? ( If so, do you have any recommendation? Any that can be docked like the original keyboard? ) Will the cube mix plus keyboard fit?

EDIT: Btw sometimes the keys do work if I alt-tab a lot or keep pressing random keys..I have a feeling it can be related to the driver of the keyboard malfunctioning, perhaps..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password