Cube iWork 10 (new version) questions

Cube iWork 10 (new version) questions

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Cube iWork 10 (new version) questions

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Luka Štemberger
    Participant

You don’t need dualboot… You can just have windows and run amiduos on top of it to have the latest full Android. It’s free and works great.

Luka Štemberger
    Participant

Hi guys,

I received it yesterday… From what I gathered, it uses the same controller as the Teclast X16, with 256 levels of pressure sensitivity. I just ordered the stylus made for Teclast from GearBest for about 15£, let’s see if it works…

I do have a problem. Except for the annoying Chinese stuff that is leftover even after changing the language, there is a serious problem with something preinstalled on this tablet. When idle, the CPU runs around 20-90% constantly, causing lag even while playing SD youtube videos. I installed a clean Win10 Pro version on it and the problem is gone. Before doing so, I made the Double Driver backup of all the drivers (because they are annoyingly not provided by Cube) and also the complete stock image of the drive, just in case. Double Driver restored everything and the device manager doesn’t show anything missing, but the touchscreen is not working :-/ Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Also, there is a full Cube firmware file for this model on the cube-tablet.com website under downloads, but it’s hosted by some Chinese site that I can’t download from. Could someone download it for me and upload to something mainstream, like wetransfer, dropbox…? Thanks

Whiskey Rebellion
    Participant

Well, GearBest have just released pen for iwork10 Original Cube iWork 10 Flagship CEP02 Stylus Pen

Luka, use your mobile(android) to download the file from baidu, then transfer to tabet.

Chris G
    Keymaster

I’ve ordered the tablet, should have it in two weeks from now for review and I’ll compare it to the Hi10

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Chris G
    Keymaster

Well, GearBest have just released pen for iwork10 Original Cube iWork 10 Flagship CEP02 Stylus Pen Luka, use your mobile(android) to download the file from baidu, then transfer to tabet.

Battery free and the pressure levels, it has to be a wacom. I’ll know in 2 weeks when my i10 and keyboard dock arrive.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

jtomes
    Participant

It’s probably synaptics but they aren’t that bad atleast the latest ones. I hope they will sell the replacement tips without the precission plastic circle around it. You can’t really use it to shade while you draw.

Lukas Meier
    Participant

Synapsis uses stylus with battery, don’t they?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Synapsis uses stylus with battery, don’t they?

I thought they did too which I why I think it might be a Wacom. I’ll know in a week or so when my arrives. I did order the official stylus now too.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Chris G
    Keymaster

You don’t need dualboot… You can just have windows and run amiduos on top of it to have the latest full Android. It’s free and works great.

Yes and no, emulators still aren’t as fast as running Android natively.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Lukas Meier
    Participant

TrekStor has a cheap tablet in the same form factor (10.1 inch, 1920×1200) and it uses an Goodix-Stylus. Stylus has 256 levels and probably no battery. I would finally assume it is one of these. http://www.goodix.com/Products/touch-Controller-for-tablet/Stylus-Solutions/

Seems to be cheesy Chinese Synapsis clone. Hope it is not. If so, I will continue searching for my perfect cheap notepad-tablet.

Evil E.
    Participant

I made the Double Driver backup of all the drivers (because they are annoyingly not provided by Cube) and also the complete stock image of the drive, just in case. Double Driver restored everything and the device manager doesn’t show anything missing, but the touchscreen is not working :-/ Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Sounds like the touchscreen driver and/or config file wasn’t installed properly… I’m not sure if Double Driver backs up the touchscreen config file so this is something you should probably copy /backup manually before you install a new OS from scratch…

Tasos
    Participant

Chris we are waiting for your review! I really want your opinion on this tablet!I want to buy a 2-in-1 tablet and seems one of the best choices in  the 200 USD price region! I also liked the ONDA oBook10 mainly because of its design but its screen resolution seems disappointing compared to Cube! Also the stylus support is one major plus for Cube!I hope it will work quite accurate although it doesn’t seem to be Wacom one!
    Luka what is your opinion on the tablet since you already have it in your hands?

Luka Štemberger
    Participant

Yes, it’s definitely a goodix screen and the stylus. It says so in the device manager. Since a lot of marketing graphics and websites mentioned an -active- stylus, I thought it might be the same as Teclast X16/X2, since Teclast uses Goodix touchscreens too. I ordered it hoping it would work, but it doesn’t. If anyone in London needs an active stylus, let me know 🙂 Now that Gearbest has the original one, I ordered it too, it’s dirt cheap, but I really don’t like that round thingy on the tip, let’s see how it works when it arrives…

I fixed the touchscreen problems with a settings file and it works great now with clean, automatically activated windows 10 (I guess they register copies of Windows by serial numbers or something, because when I did a clean install, Windows just activated itself when I went online). Also, if anyone needs a driver dump with the settings file I can upload it. Or even a whole clean image of the drive, so restoring your system takes about 7 minutes…

It’s a really nice tablet for the price. The keyboard is excellent. If you guys want, I can make a short review as well. I already have a very powerful gaming laptop, so I wanted a tablet that would work smoothly when browsing and just regular use. It’s great for that. There is only one thing I’m not happy with, but it’s not a dealbraker – the speakers are awful. You will not be listening to music on it. The volume is low and they sound tiny. It works for youtube videos with speach and stuff, but if you want to watch a movie, either put headphones on (I use my Sony bluetooth ones if I need to) or get even the cheapest bluetooth speaker from Gearbest or somewhere. Even the 5-10£ versions will sound better than this. But again, it’s not a dealbraker, my HiFi system has bluetooth so I connect it either to that or my headphones.

Also, after ordering it, the seller wasn’t replying and the tracking number was wrong, so I thought I was being scammed. I wanted to ask for my money back from paypal and ordered it from cube-tablet.com, and in the end got both. So now I have one brand new boxed and I plan to sell it on ebay. If anyone wants to buy it, I can send it… It cost me 212£ plus the postage to Europe would be another 15£ I guess. Or if you’re in London, you can just pick it up. On cube-tablet.com it was more, plus you need to pay for customs. GearBest keeps lacking stock, even if it says on the website it’s in stock, so I gave up on waiting for them.

Luka Štemberger
    Participant

So the screen on this one is GT9110, while on Teclast is GT9110P. I’m curious to see how a passive stylus with such a wide tip works, if it has no palm rejection it will probably be useless. Will let you know when I get it, but again, I don’t think I would use a stylus on this one much anyways.

Tasos
    Participant

We would be glad to have a review also from you Luka!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar