Cube iWork 12

Cube iWork 12

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork12 Cube iWork 12

Tagged: 

This topic contains 38 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Darren Lim 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

sean
    Participant

any chance of a tread started for us who have this tablet.

anyone know if this can be upgraded with an SSD perhaps?

if so would it be possible to migrate the dual boot somehow ?

i see the back casing can be opened by small screws under the kickstand .

Andrew
    Participant

Im all for that mines on its way.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi,

It can’t be upgraded, it’s a fixed soldered eMMC on the mainboard.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: ONE-NETBOOK One Mix 2S & AllDoCube X
    Currently testing: Mate 20 X & Mate 20 Pro

FaZeR – Unboxer
    Participant

I will have mine in less than 5 days. I hope it will worth it 🙂

And I’m gonna make a full review of this tablet aswell. So I will be able to compare with the Chuwi hi12.

Like TechTablets, I'm doing some unboxings and reviews about various products, including tablets !

Come checkout my new channel => https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNfiwonIY-kI2haDLmbus9A

sean
    Participant

only problem i have with it is that the battery drains fast when in idle . over night it was basically zero from 100%

clearly some issue here.

FaZeR – Unboxer
    Participant

Oh I see. I will check this issue then.

But when you go to bed, the best idea with every tablet is just to turn it off 🙂

Like TechTablets, I'm doing some unboxings and reviews about various products, including tablets !

Come checkout my new channel => https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNfiwonIY-kI2haDLmbus9A

sean
    Participant

still shouldn’t  drain to zero in idle within 8 hours. (this was on the android OS)

i’ll try idle on Windows tonight see is it the same.

the Android OS received an official OTA update which is great to see.

FaZeR – Unboxer
    Participant

Alright.

Oh and I just received my tablet at the moment ! 😀

I’m gonna turn on my cam and start my unboxing right now

daWyrd1
    Participant

Alright. Oh and I just received my tablet at the moment ! ? I’m gonna turn on my cam and start my unboxing right now

Howdy,

How’s the build quality?

Is the stock rom up for download?

Does cube upgrade their androids?  …  is it likely to get marshmellow?

Thnx

FaZeR – Unboxer
    Participant

Alright. Oh and I just received my tablet at the moment ! ?<noscript>&lt;img src=”//s.w.org/images/core/emoji/72×72/1f600.png” alt=”?”/&gt;</noscript>I’m gonna turn on my cam and start my unboxing right now

Howdy, How’s the build quality? Is the stock rom up for download? Does cube upgrade their androids? … is it likely to get marshmellow? Thnx

Hello 🙂

I am pretty busy at the moment, so I only turned it on few minutes.

But I can already say that the build quality is excellent ! It feel really ”premium” in hand and it have a really good grip.

For the Rom I should check that… And for the Android, I received it with the version 5.1.

But I have an issue with the Android boot.. It simply can’t detect the WiFi. It work fine on Windows, but when I go to Android it just can’t find my internet box..

Chris G
    Keymaster

One of the best things is the focaltech touch panel used is the same as the Cube i9, very fluid and accurate the touch responce. It’s really nice. I love the Hi12’s screen, but this iwork12 with the better keyboard and kickstand is looking like it might even take on the Hi12 I think.

And the speakers I have to say are slightly better than the Hi12’s. Don’t worry, I’ll be comparing them both and have some videos on the iwork12 on YouTube this week. Finally my 4G internet is getting fixed and I will be able to download freely again and upload without a data cap.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: ONE-NETBOOK One Mix 2S & AllDoCube X
    Currently testing: Mate 20 X & Mate 20 Pro

FaZeR – Unboxer
    Participant

One of the best things is the focaltech touch panel used is the same as the Cube i9, very fluid and accurate the touch responce. It’s really nice. I love the Hi12’s screen, but this iwork12 with the better keyboard and kickstand is looking like it might even take on the Hi12 I think. And the speakers I have to say are slightly better than the Hi12’s. Don’t worry, I’ll be comparing them both and have some videos on the iwork12 on YouTube this week. Finally my 4G internet is getting fixed and I will be able to download freely again and upload without a data cap.

Oh yes that’s true ! It’s really responsive, on Android or Windows. For me the kick-stand is okay, but it’s kinda shaky when you turn it, look like it’s not perfectly fixed to the body of the tablet.

For the keyboard, I was expecting a better keys feeling. I mean.. the return of the keys are a bit weird, it feel like they are gonne just pop out from the keyboard, but the build quality is just as nice as the tablet itself and the connection with the pins are perfect ! It stick perfectly with the tablet.

Too bad there is a real lack of USB ports on this model. But I think it’s enough for most of the people here. I use the OTG port for my mouse, and the USB 3.0 port for my external hard disk.

The speakers are better than what I was expecting. Listening to some dubstep with it and it feel pretty good for a tablet.

The battery life feel okay, but when it’s on high brightness, the battery go down pretty quickly.

sean
    Participant

i personally find the sound very thin and useless for say a movie.
    i have the original Mipad which has much more dept to the sound so i compare it to that.

coming from windows running on an SSD to emmc its extremely slow. quite frustrating at times with a minute wait for some programs to open.

multi tasking isn’t an option on the windows end.

the Android OS is a lot more fluent and responsive.

FaZeR – Unboxer
    Participant

Of course Sean, but like you said, it’s emmc, you can’t expect a wonderful speed.

But for me it’s quite fast. I can open most of the things in few seconds and the screen is really responsive.

For the sound it’s like most of the dual boot tablet. It’s okay when you want to show a quick vid to your friend or whatever. But sure you should use headphones most of the time.

Also, I would like to add a bad point : the micro SD slot is HORRIBLE. It’s so hard to make the card fix in it ! I had to use a paperclip to slide it in…

FaZeR – Unboxer
    Participant

Well, now I have the tablet for several more days, I can add few things..

First, I don’t lost battery while letting it on standby. I saw some people complaining about that, but I really don’t have this problem. By letting it on standby for more than 3 hours, I only lost 2% of battery, which is really great.

About the battery life, it’s really good ! Especially when you look on Windows. I was expecting the OS to eat the battery in few hours, but I can use YouTube with 25% brightness for 7H30/8H. With light gaming I go over 5 or 5H30 on Android.

About the sound… well.. bad (or good ?) thing : the sound on Android is like REALLY REALLY better than on Windows ! Listening to the same song on android and Windows, you will notice that the sound is really bad on the Windows side.. have buzz and too much squeaky sounds, even if it’s still okay for the level of the tablet.

About charging time.. well, it’s alright too ! Using the original charger, I can get a full charge in pretty quickly. I don’t have a real estimated time yet, but I know that when I go to sleep at mindnight, and then waking up at 8, it’s already done charging. So.. you can use it the whole day and just charging when you sleep.

About the Wifi : perfect ! I have barely the same download speed than on my laptop.. (which cost.. a lot) so it’s really perfect when it come to downloading stuff. But If you go a little too far from the box, with a wall between it, we start to have some problems..

I will put more tests on it when I get my micro SD for it.. I bought the best quality of micro SD, so I will know how fast the mirco SD slot can get. and also will try the performance result and the exact battery life.

But for the moment I can say it’s a really good tablet that Worth it ! Especially with the keyboard. I don’t have the hi12, but according to Chris review, I think it can be a really good choice instead of the Chuwi one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password