Cube iWork 12

Cube iWork 12

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork12 Cube iWork 12

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Chris G
    Keymaster

It’s looking good, finally got around to now using my iwork12. I do like how responsive the screen is. Much better than my Tbook11. The Focaltech panel is definitely much better than the cheaper and more common Goodix touch on most Chuwi and Teclast tablets.

Battery life looks to be around 6- 6 1/2 hours web browsing. About that same as you Fazer.

MicroSD slot looks like it might have issues with some brands. Not all of mine are working, looking into this.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

FaZeR – Unboxer
    Participant

Good to hear that Chris ! ūüôā

In fact the micro SD slot work well.. it’s just that I can’t push the SD card enough forward to insert in completely in the slot, so I have to use a paperclip to push it all the way Inside.

Like TechTablets, I'm doing some unboxings and reviews about various products, including tablets !

Come checkout my new channel => https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNfiwonIY-kI2haDLmbus9A

sean
    Participant

using a sandisk extreme 64gb no problem.

happy so far with the tablet myself.

i found the USB port quiet tight, had a USB mouse transmitter bit get stuck in it as i tried to take it out. the silver case of the transmitter got stuck as i tried removing it. was a nightmare trying to get it out.

Kris
    Participant

SOUND:

About the sound… well.. bad (or good ?) thing : the sound on Android is like REALLY REALLY better than on Windows ! Listening to the same song on android and Windows, you will notice that the sound is really bad on the Windows side.. have buzz and too much squeaky sounds, even if it’s still okay for the level of the tablet.  

I found the same issue on the Windows side. The sound is muddy; since I wanted this tablet primarily to consume media it is VERY¬†disappointing… ¬†I haven’t had a chance to look into it further since I just got the thing, but I’m hoping that it’s just a driver issue. ¬†I REALLY want to fix this issue. ¬†If anyone finds a solution, please share… I suppose I may need to get a USB DAC ultimately, which would affect¬†the portability of the thing.

Mini-HDMI out:

Worked well out of the box. ¬†Windows 10 Netflix app bitstreamed DD+ 5.1 sound to my receiver. ¬†The app itself ran very poorly, however, all the movie icons do not load at once. ¬†I still need to test other bitstreaming formats, as well as 24p and 4K output. ¬†Also, not sure if the Android Netflix app supports bitstreamed sound? I know the Android TV one does, I’ll need to see if that works.

Other Thoughts:

Chrome runs ok, but Edge runs much better (Windows 10). ¬†Hopefully, either Chrome improves or Edge gets the extensions I need. ¬†Compared to my laptop, pages take a second or 2 more to load pages, not sure if that’s a big deal or not.

My plan is to optimise this machine for media use, watching movies or shows in bed or on a plane, light browsing, and light multitasking. Using mini-HDMI out while travelling would be great too, outputting 5.1 sound, 24p movies. ¬†Not sure whether Windows or Android will win out. ¬†I’ll be trying SPMC soon, hopefully that runs well.

So far, the only major issue is sound, which at the worst case, I can get a USB DAC hopefully to work with it.

zahid
    Participant

Using this for couple of days. Every things fine for me, though a bit slow. But that’s not a big issue. Only problem I feel is low brightness. Even 100% brightness seems inadequate.

Ishan Perusinghe
    Participant

Has anyone managed to find any good fixes for sound in windows mode.

zahid
    Participant

Is there any way to remove Android from this and make it only windows tab?

Tony
    Participant

Concerning the removal of Android, these are some points to consider here, about preparing a backup image beforehand, in case you mess everything up:

Change Dual Boot to Windows Only (Remove Android)

The Macrium Reflect software gives a good image of all the disk partitions on the i12.

There could be more info on the other threads here. I would like to get the full 64GB, but my i12 is gift for someone, so I cannot go all the way, as the saying goes.

zahid
    Participant

My cube is damaged. I used easyus partition tool and added a drive of 12 gb¬†to my windows successfully. but became unable to download windows update. resetting was also not possible. it shows ” recovery environment was not found”. though I didn’t touch recovery partition, but its name changed to ‘OEM’. I followed this webpage- https://www.winhelp.info/windows/fix-windows-update-error-80070003-like-a-boss, fixed update error, changed the OEM partition name to recovery and reset. But after resetting, its totally messed up. now touch display not working, no internet connection, no wi fi option, no power option- no display of battery status, no option to change power settings, no audio output device detected, no sound. I don’t know how many others. is it reparable now? need help. can anybody post a screenshot of default partition list. don’t use easyus. use command prompt or cmd. type command prompt¬†in search bar, right click, run as administrator. in command prompt, type diskpart, hit enter. type select partition 0, hit enter. type list partition, hit enter. your partion will be displayed. please take a screenshot and post. thanks.

Tony
    Participant

It might be a good idea to reset the tablet to factory setting by trying to install the official firmware here:

Cube i12 Firmware

The instructions are in Chinese, so a google translation would have to be used.

Meanwhile here is the partition list attached. I will upload another partition list from Macrium Reflect backup software in a little while, as this has more details on each partition

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tony
    Participant

Here is another partition list

Attachments:
    zahid
    Participant

Many thanks, Tony. But your details partition doc is not detailed. Could you please sort the partition list from Macrium Reflect backup in longitudinal view, that is one below the other, not side by side. that will give more detailed picture. Its not clear which ones are EFI partitions. Thanks.

Tony
    Participant

Yes, I tried to change the list view in Macrium Reflect, but could not change it. So, I will look again later on.

It might be necessary to use a different partition manager to get the full list that is useful to you. I will will check a different one.

Tony
    Participant

Better partition list

Attachments:
    FaZeR – Unboxer
    Participant

If you want a tablet with only Windows, then no need to buy a dual boot tablet…

I don’t understand sometimes people that keep doing this… You have more chances to ruin the tablet than something else.

Like TechTablets, I'm doing some unboxings and reviews about various products, including tablets !

Come checkout my new channel => https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNfiwonIY-kI2haDLmbus9A

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password