Cube Mix Plus dead, no signs of life at all.. Need assistance and advices!

Cube Mix Plus dead, no signs of life at all.. Need assistance and advices!

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Mix Plus Cube Mix Plus dead, no signs of life at all.. Need assistance and advices!

This topic contains 40 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  SB9224 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

virgo
    Participant

GPD XD

Ok If you have monitored it and found the charge time is normal so that charger is good. I just suspect there is a logic like Express Charging mode in some device. where the device consume all the available power to accelerate it charging lead to very high current. As you know high current may break the a fuse the power circuit. However in this case, in the Cube specs, there isn’t  any info about power throughput but I think, when we plug too many device to its, power circuit is overloaded, cause some break in power circuit

If you found my answer helpful, you may donate to me at my signature above!

Carl
    Participant

Sad to hear this.  I’ve had my Cube Mix Plus for a few months now.  So far so good.  I do cycle the battery though i.e. charge when off and use until about 15% and charge again (off).  I use both the provided charger and an Anker 60W USB C wall charger.  So far no issues.

Ivan
    Participant

Thanks for your input, Carl!
    I was using my Cube Mix Plus for 10 months without any serious issues in the way, which I described above in my posts. The only possible difference is that last 2 months I started to use it much more actively (5-10 hours per day, working from USB-C charger, which I bought 1-1,5 months ago or much less often from AC charger) and also worth to mention that in the moment when fatal emergency shutdown happened, all the USB ports were busy (external HDD, external cooler, smartphone Xiaomi MiMax 2 charging through USB) and power management mode was “Maximum performance”, a lot of pages (more than 100 for sure) opened in browsers and at that moment I was playing Asphalt. I haven’t change any settings in BIOS or using special software and never opened this tablet.

However, that’s good, because yesterday I gave it to repair service (1 year warranty), as soon as I will have their conclusion I will write it here. Receptionist told me it will take near 1 week.

And guys, another thing I wanted to write here, I am not sure if anybody posted anything about this device on Techtablets (I know that Chris created this website primarily and first of all for Chinese tablets). I’ve read about it and love this thing: Eve V, just look at it if you didn’t know before what it is. This is for sure the Windows tablet I would buy instead of Cube Mix Plus.

Anonymous

Good Luck Ivan. I hope they´ll can solve it. And if that “Eve V” is true… I´ll kill myself XD XD.

Carl
    Participant

Hope the dealer makes it right for you Ivan.  Ill make sure I dont over work the mix plus.

The Eve V is awesome!

virgo
    Participant

Thank and good luck Ivan
    Eve V price is out of interest however
    https://eve.community/t/when-where-how-and-for-how-much-you-can-buy-eve-v/10624

Anonymous

Wow. I thougt that Eve V was $399. I misunderstood.  Cube rules! XD

Algorithm
    Participant

the EVE V has worse cpu performance.  GPU performance nearly half that of the cube mix plus and priced double+ the amount of the cube mix plus.  🙂  For the pricing of the higher end EVE V (i5/i7), its comparable in price to the high end dell XPS 13 devices 😐

Ivan
    Participant

Hi!

Only today I got some information about my crashed Cube Mix Plus, sorry for delay, but it didn’t depend on me really.

So I called this warranty repair service by myself, because they didn’t get back to me with any information and 2 weeks already passed, which was the time they promised to solve my problem. Receptionist on phone informed me that some problem with motherboard was detected (breakdown or failure of motherboard bridge, I am not sure how to translate correctly, but anyway I don’t think she used correct definition). She didn’t know any details, it could be caused by power surge/voltage jump in electric network or other reasons (because of my actions or may be not), but anyway it is unrepairable and they gonna to provide me another tablet (I hope new), only SSD from broken tablet will be installed in new Cube Mix Plus (it was my request, because I need all the data and everything as it was before the breakdown). Next week I will go there and inform you details, I hope to speak to repairing technician about this situation and how to prevent it in future, because my warranty will end in 2 months.

Now I am thinking was it overheating or USB type C charger that caused this breakdown or anything else… And how to be sure it will not happen again. If it was overheating, I am wondering why temp sensors and throttling haven’t prevent it. I think it is better to make thermal modding and undervolting now and maybe some other customization, but warranty will be lost then.

Meanwhile I have another question, does anybody know what’s the difference between Cube Mix Plus models i18, i18-L, i18-BL, i18-DL? I read somewhere that i18 is the oldest one and others updated in the order I wrote, but haven’t seen anywhere explanation what’s the real differences and updates between these models.

virgo
    Participant

well done. So you got warranty service, kind of luxury. Most people here buy it online, or from 1  guy retail without any after sale care.

Ivan
    Participant

@Virgo

Yes, but I paid almost 150$ more for that, I bought this tablet for 550$ in February-March 2017. But turned out it was worth)

Ivan
    Participant

Technician in the service center told me MOSFET was burnt in motherboard.

So my new tablet (as they told me in service center, only SSD from broken tablet was reinstalled) is working, but I have problem with slightly blinking screen when brightness is lower than 75%. I didn’t have it on my previous Cube Mix Plus. What it could be and is it hardware or software issue, should I go to service center again?

Anonymous

Hi Ivan. well, congrats! At least you saved time and nerves sending back the tablet to China and waiting for it comes back to you. That may be a pain for sure. By the way: Didn´t the service center say something more about MOSFET? Can it be replaced?

Ivan
    Participant

Well, even here in my own city all this repair process has taken over 3 weeks and now I have some issues with screen (which I hadn’t with my previous Cube Mix Plus), not critical, but on lower brightness level (<75%) screen is really twinkling, I read it is hardware problem, it’s called PWM (Pulse With Modulation).

Daved, as I understood MOSFET (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOSFET) it is just some type of transistor (located in motherboard), so they really haven’t specified the issue and what caused it, I asked for it a lot of time and spoke even to repair technician which is not usually the case. However I asked it on other forums and there were ideas may be it was caused by permanent high workload on power supply (because I was working during last 2 months not on battery, but on charger, sometimes worked simultaneously when tablet was charging), as well as external HDD, which was connected via micro-USB 3.0, I was downloading on it big torrent file (because current is rather high in external HDD connected via USB). But nobody told me real reason )

Anonymous

So you had problems with two mix plus 🙁 .  Honestly, if I am in your place, I would claim my money back to the store :/ .  Two devices with problems are enough. It blinks even before windows charging? . My Cube mix plus just arrived at my country customs. No time to regreets XD. I hope it works fine.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password