Daysky d pro

Daysky d pro

TechTablets Forums Daysky Forums D-Book Pro Daysky d pro

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    GER
    Participant

Hello!

I have ordered one, it was supposed to be sent yesterday, but they have postponed to the end of the month 🙁

Did you received yours already?

It looks to be the perfect budget gaming laptop… I hope I can play HOTS with it and maybe some overwatch on low settings.

I am afraid that the CPU could bottleneck the GPU… But we will see.

I was really disappointed with the t-bao with the 920mx… That was not supposed to be so similar in performance to the Intel igpu… Let’s hope the same does not happen woth this daysky.

If you have received yours already, and since I would love to see the inside of it, to be sure that it can have a regular ssd, can you post a picture of it?

Also, once received I will put some nice thermal compound to ensure maximum performance.

One final question, do you know if this could can be somehow overclocked?

Thank you and congrats for your YouTube channel!

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi, It has left the UK on it’s way to Spain. I should have it next week I hope. The Tbook X8S Pro was a massive let down, something seriously wrong with it. So I’m a little worried about this Daysky model not performing either. I will find out when it arrives and will also post a photo or video of the internals.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

GER
    Participant

Ok!

Thank you!

GER
    Participant

Did you received it already?

1rst impressions?

Cheers

manuel de aranda
    Participant

Hi, It has left the UK on it’s way to Spain. I should have it next week I hope. The Tbook X8S Pro was a massive let down, something seriously wrong with it. So I’m a little worried about this Daysky model not performing either. I will find out when it arrives and will also post a photo or video of the internals.

Hello same question did you receive it?

Thank you

Chris G
    Keymaster

Yes got it, posted this on my twitter a few days ago. The full review coming tomorrow!

First off it’s an Nvidia 940M, not 940MX so annoyed with that, maybe Daysky messed up or Gearbest? I’ve hit there support up for this.

It’s okay for what it is, the full metal build is nice, the touchpad is poor (PS/2 pointer device) I wish it was a precision touchpad.

There is a SSD 2280 slot inside for adding an SSD, the bios is unlocked also so I set no power limits. The fans to come on and off at times, but when gaming are quite fine. The keyboard is okay to type on, but not as firm and as nice to type on like my Teclast F7.

The screen is really quite good, super bright 460 lux, deep blacks and IPS. You can make it out in daylight.

The performance of the 940M is okay, nothing amazing. But it can play games in 720p low settings. I test games liek Tomb Raider, Project cars, LoL, CSGO and GTA V with playable FPS.

Thermals are poor, Daysky used a crap thermal pad on the CPU, repaste lowered temps from max 80 degrees to max 60 degrees C.

I’m working on a new video now doing a repaste, copper heatsink mod and I’ve been overclocking the 940M and flashing my own edited bios. I will post a how-to on this. But the results are quite something, up to 25% boost in FPS (heaven benchmark scores went up 36% after overclocking!). My 940M I’m able to overclock the RAM from 800Mhz stock to a super stable 1250Mhz, this helps RAM bandwidth. Also the core clock I can go from 1176 max boost to 1300Mhz again no issues and no overvolting needed. This will give GTA V about 4-5 FPS more which is well needed.

But the CPU is the bottleneck of this system. Overall for the $349 paid, I think it’s not a bad laptop. Just wish the speakers were better, the touchpad better and the keyboard felt a little less cheap. The fans can be a pain but it normally bursts on then off again and after my repast, it’s only on when gaming.

Full review video tomorrow, it’s over 25 minutes long so covers pretty much everything! I put a lot into this one.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Jonathan
    Participant

Great news to hear Chris. No doubt many are already waiting for your detailed review. The T-Bao TBook X8S Pro that you recently reviewed has an Nvidia 920M. Does this make a huge difference or not? I know you probably will mention this in your review but just couldn’t wait.

GER
    Participant

Just 2 words… Thank you!

Jonathan
    Participant

The review is already on Youtube, which is good. Now the bad. Gearbest just raised the price to 397 USD!!! So this is now a sub 400 Apollo lake notebook.

GER
    Participant

One question… i cannot see on the review the place where you put the sata ssd…

Can you point it out?

Thank you!

GER
    Participant

Ohh… it is one of those small sata drivers! not a regular 2.5” one! I was thinking that that was the emmc… Ok. Got it!

Another question please, is the emmc removable?

Thank you!

Chris G
    Keymaster

The eMMC not removable they never are. The M.2 slot is just below the GPU card. Good to have this as I ran my 2280 290GB SSD in this and had space to install all my games etc.

I’ll have a new video maybe this weekend overclocking the GPU and repasting CPU & GPU.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

GER
    Participant

Mine was finally shipped today, 1 month after the purchase…

Let’s hope it does not take long…

GER
    Participant

Ok, i have it.

Repasted, add a thermal adhesive to the botom plate and a new ssd.

Removed the stikers, installed a new S.O. and at the moment i have Overwatch and HOTS installing.

Differences my unit has from what i’ve seen on techtablets review, the sceen is TN, not IPS, the thermal paste is better than the one that you’ve showded us and there were already 2 thermal adhesive installed on the cpu cooper.

I will do tomorrow the bios upgrade.

Will keep this thread posted.

Thank you.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Great thanks for the update. Be careful with the GPU bios flash/update. While it’s not hard just first test your RAM using MSI afterburn will do the overclock you want stable with no glitches. As for GPU clocks I did 10mhz at a time each flash, then 5Mhz watching temps and if it crashed or locked up, clock back 10Mhz. The whole process took me an evening of messing about with it. But well worth the up to 36% performance gain I got!

You could start with say 1220 Mhz max boost clock and work your way up watching the thermals.

Interesting your screen is different, my screen is so good. Very bright, 460 lux and I love the screen. What do you think about the keyboard? Your one may feel a bit better than mine?

Edit: Also how do the games run? CPU limited no doubt, but playable at least?

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar