Daysky d pro

Daysky d pro

TechTablets Forums Daysky Forums D-Book Pro Daysky d pro

Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 40 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  GER 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

GER
    Participant

Already flashed it. I have used the clocks that you used on you video. It is totally stable. 1225 and 1250 on GPU and Mem.

Temps are really good, CPU does not go above 62º and GPU 83º.

The keyboard is rubish! I cannot press ctrl+shift+right arrow to select a full word… some keys do not respond so well as others… but i’m getting used to it… this will be my secondary laptop, to have on a specific location location, and i can get used to it.

The screen is not good. i do not like it… It is bright, but the vertical viewing angles are bad.

I have tried 2 games, Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm. They both seem to work but i think something is not OK… the CPU consumption is always below 2W… Even if i stress the cpu with CPU-z…

I’m sure i have disabled the TDP limit on the BIOS like you’ve told us to do, but i simply cannot go beyond the 2W power consumption on the CPU.

I am using the HWMonitor to check the power consumption… maybe is reporting the power consumption badly…

On Overwatch i start with 60fps but it goes below 20fps after a while… no idea why… I am sure the thermals are OK… but something is restricting this laptop performance. On heroes of the storm something similar happens. Stable 60 FPS but after a while… it goes down to 30… and on this game this machine can handle 60 fps for sure. Low setting on both games…

Any advise?

Benched with Unigine Heaven, got 446 points, similar to yours.

Chupa
    Participant

are you kidding me, one has a IPS and another a TN both from the same months, what is next? same story as with all the Jumper pros?
    If you got a TN and the order page showed IPS I would demand a refund!

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

GER
    Participant

Just a quick update… I can run the CPU stable at 1.9 GHz, going to power settings and selecting the minimum processor speed to 100% when connect to the power supply. Everything is a lot smother on overwatch, but on HOTS… Still getting around 15 fps… 720p resolution…

I think there is some sort of throtlet that I couldn’t find yet…

It would be great to keep it stable at 2.1 GHz…

Ideas?

GER
    Participant

On overwatch the cpu goes to 100%, 50 fps stable, on hots, it stays way below that value…

Really do not know what is happening…

GER
    Participant

Hum… i think i know what is happening… the game HOTS is a single thread game… and this cpu… is not very powerfull on a single thread… so probably that is the reason why the CPU is way below 100% usage… one of the cores is going to 80%, the others are below 30% of usage…

Tried CS:GO and it runs great, tried Overwatch and it runs well… but i’m sad because the only game that does not run well e the the single game that i would like to play on this machine… 🙁

Chris G
    Keymaster

Yes, that would be it, must be using only single core if it shows only around 25% CPU use.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX Y13, Mi Gaming Laptop (2019)
    Currently testing: ASUS ROG 2

GER
    Participant

Did you manage to get fornite installed?
    I think it can manage it pretty well… But i cant  install it… I cannot run the epic game launcher until the end…
    Also… I was really surprised to see this laptop have similar sintetic benchmarks results as the i7 that you reviewed a few months ago, the one with the 940mx.

This one:
    VOYO i7 Notebook

Chris G
    Keymaster

I can install fornite, but when I run it, it just never loads up no matter what I do. I think it sees the N3450 and quits loading. Unsupported CPU. Yes the overclocked 940M comes close to that 940MX I reviewed in the Voyo i7

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

GER
    Participant

Humm.. Austin Evans managed to run it on a cpu similar to this one.

Please, take a look: https://youtu.be/0Xi2rurVAvs

I have tried a lot of different things.. without any success…

GER
    Participant

Big problem happened… my laptop do not start!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uZCJ8pCKeggZr2Sm2

It was on and it simply shutted down by himself and now won’t turn on…

Chris G
    Keymaster

Ah no way, that’s not good at all! Open it up and remove the bios battery plug. Wait a while, plug it back in. With some luck, it will turn on again after a bios reset. Now I have doubts mine will last for long 🙁

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

GER
    Participant

Did that. Unplugged also the battery, no success… It died… What a disappointement…

I was working on a document, no load… And it died… It just do not turn on… No matter what…

Let’s see how gearbest handles the situation…

And btw, I need something simple, nice and stylish… That can handle fornite and HOTS… Any sugestion please? The cheapest possible.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Not good at all, does it charge? Show that LED light when charging. Sounds like something fried, or overload.

Nice and stylish? Can handle Fornite. I can only think of the Mi Notebook’s but not cheap they are $700 ish. or those cheaper Acer gaming laptops with 1050 in them.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

GER
    Participant

Nop, i think it won’t charge at all… the led is always green…

The new gaming laptop form MI looks good… but expensive… 🙁

I was really hyped about this laptop, it could be a really cheap and capable gaming laptop… but with all this problems… i will probably go with something else…

Any idea how gearbest usualy handles this?

Thank you!

Chris G
    Keymaster

You will have to post it back for a refund or replacement. Normally they ask for a video as proof it’s not working.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password