Disabling Windows 10 Update: Good or Bad?

Disabling Windows 10 Update: Good or Bad?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Disabling Windows 10 Update: Good or Bad?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  David Gilmour 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Christopher
    Participant

I just received my new Chuwi Hi 12 tablet today and so far everything is running smoothly, even the keyboard touchpad gesture issue is not noticed. Now I am thinking most of the issues that this tablet have are usually after windows updates.

Please is it a good idea to totally disable windows updates in this tablet?

Eric
    Participant

I dont think it’s fully possible to 100 % disable Windows update?

How would you turn off Windows update 100 % – especially in Windows 10 – non pro version?

I have tried so many times and everytime, Microsoft somehow managed to force a auto update on my tablet, so annoying.

klinux
    Participant

Hi,

Try this workaround it will solve the problem, I didn’t try yet as my Chuwi is still not arrived yet http://www.thewindowsclub.com/turn-off-windows-update-in-windows-10

Please confirm if the workaround is working

bill march
    Participant

Windows 10 is great but the forced upgrades are ridiculous. As far as I can tell there is no known way to permanently disable the updates. If you disable the update service, there are scheduled tasks that run regularly to re-enable them. If you cancel the scheduled tasks, as soon as you reboot your computer they get added back. The possible solution is that there should be a registry key you can set to alert you that windows 10 updates are available instead of automatically installing them.

David Gilmour
    Participant

Disabling is better.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password