!!!! Don't buy this unit !!!!

!!!! Don't buy this unit !!!!

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate !!!! Don't buy this unit !!!!

This topic contains 18 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Siu Lay
    Participant

I have been using China made no name tablet for a few years now so I know what to expect.  My recommendation is DON”T BUT THIS TABLET. This model got to be the WORST China made table I have ever use,

1. VERY SLOW because Cube somehow underclocks the RAM from 1600 to 1066.
    2. They switch to use a VERY SLOW Toshiba storage.
    3. Micro SD card have A LOT of compatibility issues with both Android and Windows.
    4. The type c connector is for show only. It is nothing more than a type C to micro USB converter Therefore none of the type c benefits is available, 
    5. Very unreliable H/W. Chinese forum full of complaints regarding dead unit.
    6. By default, the Android storage is minuscule (forget the value). You need to root and use link2SD to get enough space to install apps. However because its sd card compatibility issues you may not be able to get link2SD working reliably.
    6. Graphics performance is on the slow side even for Android.
    7. Performance in windows for anything more than web browsing is borderline unacceptable.

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

I have already mentioned this on other posts. I confirm everything you said, also having sd-card slot issues, can happen a lot that the sd-card is not found anymore. Had so far also these “minor” issues:

• can happen, that the display signal is missing if you reboot from Android, and you land after some minutes again in Android
    • Windows goes into loop reboot (starting autorecovery) or stuck at rebooting “preparing update” or just at “restarting”
    • there is also screen backlight bleeding at the right bottom corner, it gets worse over time, because of the metal frame slightly changes form, this can be even triggered and getting worse, if you hold the tablet with one hand, or lift it at the “wrong place”
    • the g-sensor stops working under Windows often but also when you reboot the tablet laying vertically into Windows

Also like I mentioned before on other thread, the USB-c port is USB 2.0, not 3.0. The thing bothering me the most though is the terrible performance under Windows, and I would like to find out why or whats causing it. The x5 Atom processor should be “strong enough” to handle smooth 60fps window animations or any other Windows 10 animations, but it’s a mess on this tablet. A workaround is to disable all Windows 10 animations and it feels a bit faster this way. Also battery life is terrible under Windows in standby. I switched to full Android right now because it’s way faster, still, I had a few force reboots while using it so far.

Aurélien Dispenza
    Participant

I hope I will be happy with this tab because I have buy it three day age,for 150$…

Siu Lay
    Participant

Come down to expectations. I am keeping this tablet for now because:
    1. My old Onda is on its last leg, and I need a replacement
    2. I travel a lot for work, and I need an extra PC to handle personal stuff while on a business trip. Pure Android or iPad won’t cut it.
    3. It is SLOW but is acceptable for the typical workload I put on it.
    4. My work laptop is a surface book, and I prefer taking note using a stylus and OneNote.

Most likely I will buy a new one in 6-9 months from now. Or when it “sudden death” again.

Luís Santos
    Participant

I just got mine today and haven’t tried the SD slot or data connections, but the C port works fine for charging the way USB C is supposed to.

Plus, and contrary to some testimonials, it charges just fine even when in use. I used the supplied cable and the charger from my S6 edge.

No bleeding from bottom right corner, or any other corner, for that matter.

Only wish I could get rid of windows.

Siu Lay
    Participant

The C port will charge the table but it is NOT at type C spec. It is a type C converter hook up a micro USB internal port.

For the brief time I pay with this model type C, I notice it is missing:
    1. It maxes out at 1.5A and will not do 3A fast charging. It means that at least they get this part of the spec right and must have a resistor inline.
    2. It did not recognize any in cable chip.
    3. No Superspeed (aka missing SSTX and RX)
    4. No SUB1 (aka no sideband)

So it is no differ then you spend $2 to get a micro-USB to type C connector. It won’t be able to future proof the device either because no type C device will function correctly on this device because it will only see it as a USB 2 port.

Siu Lay
    Participant

bump .. buyer beware

T
    Participant

I agree whit the OP, i have sell mine today and i dont plan to buy anymore items from this company.

Can anyone point me to another maker who is better and have a tablet similar to this one but that really works?

Bugi
    Participant

Are all you say only valid for the Rev.2 TYPE-C or for both ?

Siu Lay
    Participant

Both. I got my seller to ship me a rev 1 to replace my type-C DOA. Less than 3 weeks the rev1 sd card is gone and randomly shut down itself.

WILL NOT buy CUBE product period.

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

Can totally relate to all what Siu Lay says. The funny/sad thing is, people are saying I am a moron and liar on another forum, where I reported about the tablets issues. This is unbelievable.

Katagiri
    Participant

Thanks for the warning, guys… I was on the verge to buy one.

Roy Fowler
    Participant

I purchased this unit from Bang**** Products and had it delivered 3 days ago.  Right away I noticed that the on off switch was unpredictable in what it would do when pressed.  Sometimes I had to press it for about 7 seconds for the unit to respond and sometimes 30 to 60 seconds.  Today, no matter how long I press the on off button the unit will not awaken.  I have dont nothing to damage this unit and am waiting for a response from Bang**** as to what they will offer me in return,  The device worked well until it wouldn’t work at all!

Luís Santos
    Participant

That happened to me as well and had something to do with switching from Win10 to Android. I usually prefer to shut down and reboot with the other OS instead of switching to and fro.

Regardless, I’m quite happy with it. That issue with the power switch stopped and this week I’ve cleaned it up and removed both Win10 and Android and replaced them by Remix OS. Much, MUCH better.

Raxxis
    Participant

Sadly my Iwork 10 c-type arrived dead on arrival as well 3 days ago.  It seems like it’s charging with the blue light flashing.  It just won’t turn on.  Just trying to get some sort of solution with Gearbest.  They aren’t leaping to help me.  Sad really.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password