emmc and ssd are not recognize. (ssd do when installing win 10)

emmc and ssd are not recognize. (ssd do when installing win 10)

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series emmc and ssd are not recognize. (ssd do when installing win 10)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chupa 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

none
    Participant

hi all thanks alot for taking interest reading this post
    i am a tech savvy . so hit me hard if needed.

first thing first.

1. Name and model number/name : Jumper EZbook 3 pro / EZBOOK LB10
    2. seller (Aliexpress, Gearbest, sellers local warehouse or who?) : at china
    3. Months and Year of order : i dont remmber
    4. Windows version 1803 (April 2018 Update) (i try to install the latest windows 10)
    5. your bios date (versions number) like: BIOS V5 Date 11/06/2017 or BIOS V6 Date 12/05/2017, if you do not know the bios number just the date is fine. : core version 5.12 , compliancy UEFI 2.5; PI 1.4 , build date 08.07.2017 21:21:55 , project version Jumper10x.P8.WP313R.N…
    6. did you leave the original windows on it or was it updated before you tried to install the m.2 : i dont know

ok so heres story, after a while the pc decide to stop recoginze the emmc where the windows 10 were installed , and i decide to buy in place (china) an ssd,

i bought a sl700 ngff lenovo ssd 128gb , installed windows on it and it does not boot up.

in the bios the ssd is not recgonize at all, but when plugin a usb drive with win10 installation on it, the ssd shows up no problem.

after installing the win10 on the ssd the pc restart and goes back into the dok, when removing the usb  flash drive it boot up automaticlly in the built-in EFI SHELL, map does not work if the dok is not connected. and when the dok is connect only the dok is showing in the mapping drive.

either way, i allway boot into the EFI SHELL.

Update 1

after playing with the BIOS ALOT, i went into chipset > south cluster configuration > sata drivers , and change the sata device type to solid state drive .

now it get picked up, but problem is, some times it does picking up and some time it does not.

some time i need to reboot 10 times for the ssd to get picked up.

maybe updating the bios can solve this , but i havent found a way to update the bios.

i have looked into this link https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/ezbook-3-pro-how-to-unlock-the-bios-2/
    but it says on the thread that those roms are not for update.

so beside that link i havent found any link online to update the bios.

none
    Participant

some time when it boots up, i am receiving a BSOD.
    for example 0xc0000185 is one of them

none
    Participant

any1 ?

Chupa
    Participant

so, you don’t know from whom or when you got it?

that’s strange

bring it into a repair shop or a friend who might have more knowledge

if the emmc and ssd fail you can install windows  on a micro usb 3 drive like the sandisk ultra slim usb3 and run the pc from there
    your ssd should then be accessible for main storage.

none
    Participant

so, you don’t know from whom or when you got it? that’s strange

bring it into a repair shop or a friend who might have more knowledge if the emmc and ssd fail you can install windows on a micro usb 3 drive like the sandisk ultra slim usb3 and run the pc from there your ssd should then be accessible for main storage.

as mention before, i am a tech savy.

no repair shop will be able to help me out, just my self, (as my knowledge exceed any repair shop around me, they come to me to help them 🙂 )

i’ve  recheck  from where i got it, and i got it from aliexpress.

the ssd works for sure.
    as said before, some time it get recognize and some time it doesnt.

perhaps this is a bios update issue, but im not sure what file do i need to upgrade it.

or maybe its a hardware issue, but i doubt as i mention before some time it works some time it does not.  i cant control it.

Chupa
    Participant

i would try a brand name ssd
    i also would try to boot for usb3 with a fast drive to see if this works without problems
    if you check the forum you will find that a certain 3pro build has major ssd trouble, maybe that is one of them, in that case stay with the usb3 micro solution

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password