EzBook 3 Pro and Intel SA-00086 vulnerability

EzBook 3 Pro and Intel SA-00086 vulnerability

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EzBook 3 Pro and Intel SA-00086 vulnerability

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pavel
    Participant

Hi! I own Jumper EzBook 3 Pro with initial BIOS version 06/22/2017 11:13:06 Ver 3BANS002 JUMPER2x.P8.WP313R.NHNAUHN04. For it’s price it’s really good product, but I was worried about it’s BIOS contains Intel SA-00086 vulnerability , as Intel check tool shows me 🙁 I tried to upgrade my BIOS to 09/30/2017 17:01:51 Ver 3BANS002 JUMPER2x.P8.WP313R.NHNAUHN05 as it has almost the same idents with bult-in UEFI shell with “AfuEfix64.efi 09_30_17_BIOS.bin /P /B” command. Upgrade was successful, but vulnerability was at it’s place 🙁 I found very useful forum win-raid.com with information, how to update problem TXE firmware in the BIOS of my laptop, but no information was at my TXE ver.3. I asked plutomaniac at this forum to help me and he agreed, making for me BIOS with fixes of Intel SA-00086 and Intel SA-00088 (Spectre part 2, as he said). I upgraded BIOS (to start laptop after upgrade I was needed to remove AC+battery for 1 minute then plug it in again and press power button several times – it’s normal) – and Intel check tool said me, that my system is patched against this vulnerability, thanks to plutomaniac! Now I want to share this BIOS the Techtablets community (see attachment). As I can guess, this BIOS is suitable only with laptops with 3BANS002 JUMPER2x.P8.WP313R. idents. Maybe for other types of EzBook BIOS plutomaniac can help also, maybe other types of BIOSes doesn’t have Intel SA-00086 vulnerablity – I don’t know.

P.S. Thanks for this forum for many useful information.

P.S. Sorry for my English, I’m not a native speaker.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Giovanni
    Participant

I had already looked into it but I didn’t found any CSE TXE firmware to download.
    Where did plutomaniac found the one he used?

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

Pavel
    Participant

I can’t found any CSE TXE firmware also, and therefor I asked plutomaniac for help. He has this firmware, where did he found it – I don’t know. But I can see the result by intel check tool and straight in the BIOS: txe version was 3.0.xxxx and now it’s 3.1.50.2222.

Chupa
    Participant

do not worry, people with knowledge are at work. It is just a fix for win 7 but hey that will not be happen with the flagship 10, NO?

I for my machines don´t care and as a wise man said some time ago, you will read in the press when the first attacks begin – on mining platforms, wallets and Bitcoin exchanges.

Why target Joe Schmoe when you can make millions by doing the same by targeting something where the money is.
    I think my little Jumper is safe until he retires.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password