EZBook 3 Pro blank screen after turning on

EZBook 3 Pro blank screen after turning on

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZBook 3 Pro blank screen after turning on

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Bernd
    Participant

Hi,

I used my EZbook3Pro with a lot of fun but lately the device does not turn on again. When I press the on-key it will light up the blue led, but that is all. The screen stays blank.

After pressing the on-key for more then 14 seconds it still does not boot up properly, it does not even show the bios screen.

Anyone had the same issue and fixed this somehow?

Bios is V6.

Chupa
    Participant

look at similar posts below

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Bernd
    Participant

Yeah all looked at, but fixed it eventually by again writing the same BIOS file to the EEPROM. Now it works like a charm again. So this item can be closed and marked as “Solved”.

Chupa
    Participant

So you screwed around with the Bios before? Might be worth mentioning in your initial post.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Andrea
    Participant

Hello Bernd!

Can you tell me how did you rewrite the eeprom if you can’t see the screen ? … I did a mistake and I flashed the wron verzion of BIOS 🙁 I have the bakcup of the original one … But I don’t know how to reflash it 🙁

Bernd
    Participant

I was able to boot the system and have a bootup screen. I could go to the EFI shell and do the bios flash from the command line as described by one of the posts on this forum.

If you don’t have a EFI shell, then you need to program the bios via an USB EEPROM programmer and a clip. The old fashioned way.

Andrea
    Participant

Thank you Bernd !
    I’ll try that way, I just have to buy all the stuff 🙂
    Can you suggest me what to buy
    I can you ser ROM file I created as backup of the BIOS, right ?

Bernd
    Participant

Well, I never did that so I don’t have a clue what you need to buy nor know what to do to get it working again. Sorry

Andrea
    Participant

Ok, I studied a bit, and seams that the BIOS Chip is a 1.8V device, so I’ll need an “adapter” for the programmer … I’ll see

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar