EZBook 3 Pro eMMC speeds

EZBook 3 Pro eMMC speeds

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZBook 3 Pro eMMC speeds

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Rrobot
    Participant

So I’m just getting to know my new EZBook 3 pro….and in addition to the trackpad being a bit dodgy, I’m finding my eMMC drive to be a little slow. I’ve attached my crystaldiskmark scores – shouldn’t they be a bit higher than that? Is there a driver I’m missing perhaps?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris G
    Keymaster

eMMC speeds will always vary from batch to batch, but yes they are slow. I recommend installing an SSD to speed things up.

What brand of eMMC is it? (Look in device manager)

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Rrobot
    Participant

Thanks Chris!

I’m not actually sure what the eMMC is.  Device manager reports it as a Generic NCard?

Yes I think I’ll definitely be looking for a m.2 SSD.

Attachments:
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Oh not great then in my experience if it’s listed as that it’s a BWIN or FORSEE eMMC. Not the best speeds (Like what you posted) Just down to luck, maybe that’s why these were $219? Slower eMMC’s but the fix is to just add an SSD, much better anyway and I plan to do this.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Rrobot
    Participant

Ok well that explains it somewhat! I was looking for the Toshiba disk but wasn’t seeing it.  I wonder if other version 3 units are the same or whether there’s a mix of suppliers. Will be interested to read the review when yours arrives Chris. They must have been pumping these thing out in the last month.

Simon
    Participant

I’ve just got my new Ezbook 3 pro too, my eMMC is even worse than yours. Windows booting is very slow.

I guess this makes the M.2 sata upgrade more like a necessity than an option ;P

Attachments:
    sportnok
    Participant

Have compared transferring pictures and music on my version 2 and 3 ezbook 3 Pro.
    A 2gb file of jpg’s moved from eMMC(generic Ncard) to USB drive(64gb Sandisk Extreme) took 34 seconds on the version 2 and 46 seconds on the version 3.
    USB to eMMC was 28secs vs 32secs.
    The 1gb of music was roughly similar on both versions, be it eMMC to USB or USB to eMMC.
    So in real terms its better than the crystalmark scores suggest. I’ve not noticed a difference in the operation of Windows for the short time I’ve used it.

Attachments:
    Rrobot
    Participant

Yes, I’ve found windows reasonably snappy. Haven’t got much to compare it to but it’s certainly acceptable. I do intend to use an m.2 ssd eventually. I’m getting used to the touchpad…its usable. The keyboard is not bad to type on although I’m coming from my wife’s Lenovo which has a very good keyboard indeed so it’s hard to compete with that.

Chris G
    Keymaster

I just got mine. It also has a BWIN eMMC listed as NCard. Speeds are 60 mb/s read and 40 write mbs (sequential). 4k Randoms are very low (2mbs). Pretty crappy eMMC really, but it doesn’t seem to affect Windows 10 too much, but compared to when I installed my SSD, it’s noticeable.

I can see this is how Jumper gave us the Wireless AC chipset by saving cash on the eMMC. Since we have the M.2 slot it doesn’t bother me. Touchpad seems okay still, good most of the time. But not good at tow finger scrolling, uninstalling the touchpad blocker software or closing it seems to help to me.

Wireless AC performance is great, well worth it. Glad I sold my version 2 for this one. Now 300+ Mbits downloads and 250 Mbits uploads. The range has improved too greatly over the RealTek N and not more Bluetooth lag with my Bluetooth mouse. Overall super happy, this without a doubt is the best N3450 laptop out. Especially for that $219 price we paid! I’ll have to update my review and rating now it has Wireless AC.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Simon
    Participant

I turned off the touchpad blocker too.

The main problem I have with the touchpad is when I try to drag icons on the desktop and as you said 2 finger scrolling.

My wireless AC was good but now it is even better with the newest drivers from intel, using their Intel Driver Update Utility.

Chris G
    Keymaster

I always update the drivers with the Intel updater, pays to check it now and then.

used the touchpad now for 2 hours+ And it’s good enough I feel that I didn’t get pissed off with it and plug in a mouse. (I have the touch-blocker uninstalled now) The trick with scrolling with it is to have one finger already on the touchpad and use the other to swipe up or down.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Norg
    Participant

I don’t have the wireless ac model of the pro but mine also came with touchpad blocker, which I’ve disabled.

I read about TouchFreeze on the Chuwi forums and decided to give it a try.

Here’s a link if you wanna check it out: http://touchfreeze.net/

Simon
    Participant

The trick with scrolling with it is to have one finger already on the touchpad and use the other to swipe up or down.

OMG legend. That advice is a piece of gold right there.

Thomas
    Participant

My emmc speeds are 60mb/s read 50mb/s write.

But my SSD is kinda slow at the port. At my desktop I had about 400mb read 280mb write. Now in the EZbook Stats are about 250mb read and 235mb write…

Attachments:
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Strange, I’m getting full port speeds out of my M.2 256GB Transcend

Attachments:

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar