EZBook 3L Pro battery discharges when off

EZBook 3L Pro battery discharges when off

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZBook 3L Pro battery discharges when off

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jeff
    Participant

I am experiencing the problem with battery drain since several weeks.  After one day off the battery is half empty.
    I think I first encountered this problem after some windows updates but it didn’t affect linux – when shutting off from linux the battery remained 100%.
    Now the problem persists on both systems and I don’t know further. I am plugging off all usb devices when off. I also resetted bios to it’s defaults. I’ve installed a new ssd a while ago (Transcend 240GB SATA III 6Gb/s MTS420S 42 mm M.2 SSD 420S SSD TS240GMTS420S), but it didn’t cause the drain in the beginning.

I tried to disconnect the battery so it doesn’t get corrupted until I have fixed the problem, but the laptop is only booting without battery when the ssd is detached, with ssd in the charger apparently doesn’t supply enough power for Laptop to work

Chupa
    Participant

what is off for you?

sleep
    hibernate
    turn off

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

jeff
    Participant

what is off for you? sleep hibernate turn off

completely off

Chupa
    Participant

OK
    fully discarge and charge the battery measure the battery capacity via batterybar
    if you need the pc to work with:
    when full, disconnect battery carefully while the pc is still on and  plugged in and just let go into sleep mode when not needed.
    2 days later turn off, plug the battery into the pc, boot, disconnect power and measure the battery via batterybar

report back

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

jeff
    Participant

OK fully discarge and charge the battery measure the battery capacity via batterybar if you need the pc to work with: when full, disconnect battery carefully while the pc is still on and plugged in and just let go into sleep mode when not needed. 2 days later turn off, plug the battery into the pc, boot, disconnect power and measure the battery via batterybar report back

Do you have any guesses what could cause battery drain if it’s not the battery itself? I am a bit hesitant to open the laptop again to disconnect the battery – it has too many screws 🙂 Is there any possible bios setting which would prevent components from draining power in off state?

Chupa
    Participant

If it is off, the battery is just used to keep the cmos and watch out when somebody presses the on button.
    The drain is next to nothing, but batteries depending on the quality get drained within weeks or months.
    If it drains within a days, the battery is defect (internal short)

Need Help?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar