EZBOOK 3L pro – IPS or NOT?

EZBOOK 3L pro – IPS or NOT?

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZBOOK 3L pro – IPS or NOT?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 24 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Chupa 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Ernst Kuzorra
    Participant

Hi Giovanni @thegiolly

For 196 Euros geekbuying currently has them on sale, even from European warehouses.
    Seems to vary a lot from which warehouse you can get one, last night Germany was “in stock notice” only but you could order it from Italy and Spain, at the moment it seems to be the opposite.

I’m not sure if I want to get one. If they are already in Europe, I guess chances are higher that it’s an older version (TN panel vs IPS?), but I don’t know. But I’m also reluctant to get one from China, because it’s still a lottery and honestly I don’t expect it to be that much better than the 3 Pro – especially the erratic BIOS.

…..another reason why I’m hestitant is that I just ordered a Teclast F7, also not really sure about it’s display properties 😉

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Kuzorra

Ernst Kuzorra
    Participant

Thanks for the hint – the link was the problem.

In a public message to @thegiolly it was flagged as “an unappropriate word” that I used 😉

Ernst Kuzorra
    Participant

Hey there,

maybe interesting for some of you as well: I finally found a picture of an open 3L, see below.

Space for an SSD seems limited, I doubt that an 2280 will fit in there.

The guy who posted this said it comes with IPS….no guarantees whatsoever

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

sipart
    Participant

Isn’t the ezbook 3l pro (with IPS screen) a Teclast F7?

I get the impression all these ‘brands’ all come from the same ODM – ForYou Digital in South Korea?

Gemini Lake laptops are coming

http://en.imuz.com/

sportnok
    Participant

ips or tn

This was the response I got from the Jumper official store a few days ago.. If it def is IPS they are not helping themselves!!

Chris G
    Keymaster

Yes, it looks a lot like the same OEM Jumper and Teclast is using. Looking forward to the new F7, EZbook 3 Pro updates with Gemini Lake and hopefully one will use 8GB of RAM.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Mr X
    Participant

Just recieved a 3L Pro from Germany Geekbuying.  When the courier gave it me I thought “uh oh” as the box had gaffer tape around the edges.  Sure enough it was an TN panel and probably a return.

What is the score on Geekbuying sending out open box returns as new?  I thought you had to advertise it as new or open box?

I’ve just set up a return ticket.

Chupa
    Participant

what do you think will happen to your return? the next one gets it!

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Mr X
    Participant

Hi.

I may have jumped the gun on the open box thing. Maybe they have to open the box to put the plug adapter in.  Still I’m used to getting sealed stuff here in the UK. I’ve got feeling the IPS screens are an earlier batch. Maybe the oem made a mistake for batch of them.

I’m tempted to get the f7 but I have just put 18.04 on my current chromebook (which was running 16.04) and it runs a lot better so I’m not sure what do.

Chupa
    Participant

understanding how things work

You build a reasonable product and send it to the reviewers, you wait until you got some praising reviews.
    Then with the big companies (ali Geekbuying, gearbest etc) they start a “price war” to sell the most units.
    This is when they tell the manufacturer “you need to make it cheaper”.
    Then your “as seen on youtube”  pc arrives and the screen is different, or the keyboard or the track pad or or or

Happened to me too. They all told 3s has matte screen, as you can read on the link below mine certainly did not.
    It comes with windows activated – mine did not
    It has an IPS screen, I did not know then how to see the difference since my last more than 20 laptops had all the same kind of TN panel. But mine is TN.
    I was unhappy with it, then I found a 3 pro clone from Thompson with a matte IPS screen. THEN I saw what the differences are.
    I worked for some time with a Jumper reflective bright tn, T-BAO matte TN medium brightness and a Thompson matte IPS low brightness.
    Where I work It is very bright, coastal Spain, huge windows towards the sun.
    My favorite PC? Jumper, because of the brightness and the reflective screen – it proved to be superior in this kind of environment.
    The matte screen in sunny surroundings catches the light more because of the matte scatter field from the screen and makes it harder to read.

Now in a light controlled environment it is quite different, I prefer the IPS.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password