EZBOOK presses Escape button when moved

EZBOOK presses Escape button when moved

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZBOOK presses Escape button when moved

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    shoeh0rn
    Participant

Hello,

I recently received my EZBOOK 3 Pro (V4) and am generally very pleased with it.

However, whenever I have the laptop on my lap and move it slightly, the laptop seems to randomly press the escape button on its own. For example, when I am writing an email in gmail (browser), or have the system icon tray opened, and I subsequently move my laptop a little bit, the email and system icon tray are closed. I am then also not able to re-open them – e.g. whenever I press on the system icon tray it will immediately exit it (as if I’m pressing escape). The issue is solved when I press any random button – but it will reappear again whenever I move my laptop slightly.

I don’t believe it’s software specific as it occurs both on the pre-installed Windows 10 & on a Ubuntu 16.04 USB stick. Perhaps some wiring under the hood is loose/faulty? Has anyone else come across this issue? I don’t fancy opening the thing up because 1) I have two left hands and 2) I’m afraid it will void the warranty.

Many thanks for your time.

shoeh0rn
    Participant

After using the showkey function on Linux I just figured out that whenever I tilt the laptop rightward, button “27 0033 0x1b” (i.e. escape) is being pressed.

Would there be any way to solve this without voiding the warranty (thus without opening the device)?

Hualalai
    Participant

Manufacturing defect.  I exchange the unit with seller.

martin h
    Participant

I had a similar issue where the escape key was like it’s pressed permanently. I ended removing the key from the keyboard, now I have an ugly gap, but all is working fine. Gearbest offered me a replacement or a refund of 30 USD. Was happy to take the refund, as everything else is just perfect on my model.

Chupa
    Participant

maybe your jumper wants to ESCape from your lap?

most keyboard single key troubles are related to something stuck in the key or a contact being blocked because of dirt or being shorted because of not enough gap between the contact layers.

2 things help in most ways, suck or blow forcefully below the key cap (compressed air and hold finger over key cap so it does not go bye bye). the second thing is hard repeatedly smash on the key cap to re-adjust /clean space between contact layers. Use shortest finger (less force).

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

JesDoias
    Participant

maybe your jumper wants to ESCape from your lap? most keyboard single key troubles are related to something stuck in the key or a contact being blocked because of dirt or being shorted because of not enough gap between the contact layers. 2 things help in most ways, suck or blow forcefully below the key cap (compressed air and hold finger over key cap so it does not go bye bye). the second thing is hard repeatedly smash on the key cap to re-adjust /clean space between contact layers. Use shortest finger (less force).

naah i have exactly same problem with Esc key and only that one.  Looks like they still have many issues to sort out… maybe in v7 ? 😀 😀 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password