Ezbook x4 windows key problem

Ezbook x4 windows key problem

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Ezbook x4 windows key problem

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Likesky
    Participant

Hi guys,

Just bought an Ezbook x4 and i´m facing a BUG that is driving me crazy!! The windows key keeps behind “pressed” all the time so when a type some letter, for example L, is like win+L and I going to the lock screen!!

Anyone with the same problem?

Help please!

Thanks

Likesky

Chupa
    Participant

key seems stuck

bang a few times hard on the winkey

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Juan Pablo Carranza Hurtado
    Participant

I’ve been having the exact same problem. It is very annoying.

Smashing the key several times hasn’t stopped the bug from happening.

The key itself isn’t stuck. The problem usually stops when pressing the Windows Key. After that it won’t happen again for an hour or so.

Likesky
    Participant

Hi Chupa! The key it´s not stuck at all. It´s seems to be a software problem.

Hi Juan, the same for me! I´ve tried to smash the key several times but doesn´t work. When i press the win key the problem stops for some minutes but them it happens again. Also the problem is happening every time a start the computer or leave the lock screen.

I´ve tried Linux mint from a usb and I think that this is not happening in linux but i dont want to change to linux right now.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Likesky

Chupa
    Participant

with the ultra flat foil keyboards, there is seldom a “stuck” key, but you can have the micro gap between the 2 foil layers too close together or a tiny piece of conductive layer is slightly loose and makes for  sometimes /sometimes not contact.

since you both have the same pc with the same problem, compare bios and os versions and take it from there.
    I would install an earlier version of windows on a usb3 drive and boot with that to check if it is an os version problem.

in any case i would instantly contact the seller and open a ticket to have this problem on record in time.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

martin h
    Participant

I had the same problem on my EZ Book 3 Pro with the Escape Key. Quite annoying as every time you boot your laptop, it jumps into the BIOS. Unfortunately there is no solution to this as these keys have literally no travel. It’s either ON or OFF, there is nothing like a half or little ON, so nothing is stuck. I recorded the issue and sent the video to Gearbest, they offered me a replacement or 30 USD refund if I keep it. I took the 30 USD, because if you remove the key, the problem is gone and you can use your laptop normally. Hope that helps.

Chupa
    Participant

if this was fixed that easy a bit of foam (sponge)under the key would have had the similar, lifting the key and removing the pressure onto the membranes, effect.

Need Help?

Filippo
    Participant

Hi guys, Just bought an Ezbook x4 and i´m facing a BUG that is driving me crazy!! The windows key keeps behind “pressed” all the time so when a type some letter, for example L, is like win+L and I going to the lock screen!! Anyone with the same problem? Help please! Thanks

Me and a friend we have this pc and we have this bug too. still today i didn’t find any solution. The only way to stop this bug (when it appears) is to press the windows key button (a couple of times generally).

Chupa
    Participant

just disable the winkey via AutoHotkey
    I did the same with my delete key

Need Help?

Juan Pablo Carranza Hurtado
    Participant

Chupa, Would please teach me how to use AutoHotkey to disable the winkey?

Thanks.

SB
    Participant

LWin::

Chupa
    Participant

sure

use this script:
    LWin:: return
    RWin:: return
    #::

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=use+AutoHotkey+to+disable+the+winkey&t=ffab&atb=v105-5__&ia=web

Need Help?

Filippo
    Participant

sure use this script: LWin:: return RWin:: return #:: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=use+AutoHotkey+to+disable+the+winkey&t=ffab&atb=v105-5__&ia=web

how to use it?

does this script disable only the windows key? because I don’t want to disable the windows key, i want to disable the shortcuts ( win + [any key] )

i tried to disable it following this guide (PART1): https://www.askvg.com/tip-how-to-disable-all-win-keyboard-shortcuts-hotkeys-in-windows/

but not all shortcuts have been disabled (win+F,L,X works for exemple) .. How is it possible??

do you know how to contact Jumper’s assistance? I really want to fix this annoying bug

Filippo
    Participant

I would like to point out that the problem also occurs in LINUX distributions! All S.O. installed on X4 suffer from this problem.

So the Windows Key problem could be a hardware defect, or driver related.. Until today no other solution has been discovered.

For those who need it, I enclose a zip file containing the registry keys to disable / enable the windows key. (simply double click to activate them). This will allow you to no longer present the problem, but if disable you will lose the functionality of the windows key!!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar