F7 Power button not working correct

F7 Power button not working correct

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops F7 Power button not working correct

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ralph McIntosh
    Participant

Well my wife decided to “clean” the F7 while running with a damp towel.
    While cleaning, she shut down the F7 by pressing the power button.
    Now it won’t start by pushing the power button. But here the strange thing:
    If I push any button before the power button, it starts with the Teclast screen coming up and immediately goes out again.
    (for example I push the ESC button and releases it, then I push the power on button).
    Doing this and holding down a button while the Teclast sign is on screen, it starts to boot windows correct. (Still holding the button). As long as I hold the button (any button beside power button) Windows works. As soon as I release it, windows shut down. As long as I hold a button and windows is working, the keyboard is functioning correct. I can write correct for example in edge browser and also touchpad is working correct.
    Doing this with the ESC button lets me go directly to the bios setup. Here I already did a reset.
    I also opened the laptop and removed the battery for some seconds, may try this for a longer period.
    Wired for me that it only starts the Laptop if I push a button before using power button and having to hold a button to get windows booted.
    Any idea about this issue?

Chupa
    Participant

looks like moisture got between your key foil

try hairdrier on low setting to get any moisture out of the keyboard.

open up and unplug battery first.

do not overheat, keep distance

try same from inside, you might have to remove the battery first.

tell wife: when clean, first turn off, unplug, if possible remove battery (old notebooks) then turn keyboard down to face ground and wipe.

I did this with a hand brush with water and soap to get the fly shit off my white sony after a year of use and will have to do it again.
    If you do it keyboard down and with little moisture and no battery and then a good wipe with a fluffy towel followed by hand warm hairdryer then it looks as new and you have no problem.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Ralph McIntosh
    Participant

Thanks Chupa,

did this already for 2 days, even is disassembled it to dry extra till I realized build in MMC (using a SSD regular) has some defect, so in the end the Mobo is broken.

Well spending 10 hours to get it run again raised my madness level to much so it ended in the trash can.

I will order a new one, but prizes are high at the moment and I got that one very cheap.

Chupa
    Participant

quick get it out of the trash, you might need the spare parts

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar