Flashing original cube bios

Flashing original cube bios

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum Flashing original cube bios

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Participant

Hi, can anyone please tell me if it’s possible to flash back to the original cube bios and where I could find the files etc.  Currently using the so-called ‘optimised’ bios from XDA and really need to get rid of the god awful thing so I can use my tablet again.

Thanks

Rob

Bonnom
    Participant
    Rob
    Participant

so which one would i need and what’s the embedded controller? If I download one does it update automatically? Don’t want to brick my device!

Bonnom
    Participant

You won’t brick your device.

I would try out v9 or v11.

Rob
    Participant

Thanks but is there anywhere else I can download it from as this is using a really outdated bin file extension which is not so easy to use?

Thanks

Viktor
    Participant

Try this: https://mega.nz/#!eNclEa6b!2uKsCiKAJUR8jDEFYNwezTp4wIaCQrv_AVR_KqV0Xus

Rob
    Participant

Thats the whole windows image, only want the bios on its own as I don’t really want to wipe everything on my tablet.  Thanks anyway but I’ll keep on looking for the correct file.

Viktor
    Participant

I’m pretty sure it includes the original bios as well, i will re-download and check it.

Edit:

It includes a bios from date 29.01.2016

On the XDA thread there is this link:

Steve Hepple
    Participant

In short, what software is required to load a bin file so as to update bios please ?

Rob
    Participant

I’ve downloaded the package and extracted it as instructed and have 2 files.  bin – file folder and flash – windows command which is 2kb in total.  Not sure what to do with it now as I really don’t want to brick my device.  The instruction state: <b>Place your bios_backup.bin into the same folder as Flash.cmd and execute it.  How exactly do I do that?</b>

Viktor
    Participant

I’m not sure what you didn’t understand, it’s pretty clear instructed: copy your bios backup file (which was created by the custom bios flasher, it also noted you should copy it to an safe external storage) then execute the restore flash.cmd file.

Rob
    Participant

Unfortunately the link is now dead as the file has  been removed.  The search continues….

hamayan
    Participant

The links have been renewed! First you need to download the modified bios then the stock one. Rename it to bios.bin and replace the one in the ‘bin’ directory. Execute the flash.cmd with administrator rights. After successfully flashing the bios, reboot the device and don’t worry the first boot might take longer than expected.

Then download the embedded controller firmware. Place both files into your C:\ directory. Go to the bios menu, save&exit, uefi shell, press esc, type “fs2:” and type “ite /u A13.bin” (Note: “fs2:”  didn’t work for me. I successfully flashed using the “fs1:” command) For your information, I flashed the V11 stock bios dated 20.05.2016, then updated the embedded controller firmware. Thankfully I also got rid of the ugly cube logo.

Rob
    Participant

Thanks for that, just a couple of things I want to clarify.  Once I’ve downloaded the modded and stock versions which one do I rename to bios.bin?  I’m assuming the stock one and then replacing it with the one in the modded ‘bin’ directory, is that correct?  Lastly, once the importance of the embedded controller?  I never changed that when I flashed the modded bios so why do I need to do it now?

hamayan
    Participant

The modified one is already named bios.bin. So, you’ll be renaming the stock one and replacing with the one in the modded ‘bin’ directory. I don’t know if updating the embedded contoller firmware brings any considerable improvements, but I prefer to have the latest version so I updated it. Maybe I’ll also give a try to the modified bios if I can do the heat sink mod. What issues have you encountered with the modified one?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar