Geekbuying.com user reviews.

Geekbuying.com user reviews.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Geekbuying.com reviews and experiences. I have used geekbuying.com a few times now and found the items have shipped quickly and
    they have declared customs value for DHL. They do have some good sales and coupons from time to time.

I have mainly used DHL and the turn around is great. Evening pickups from Hong Kong, 3-4 days to Spain. Normally the take about 3 days to prepare and pack the order.

Over all no complains. Tablets were well packed.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Aresu
    Participant

Hi Chris! I would want to know if you have contacted the page before buying the products to confirm with them that they will declare the customs value. I also live in Spain and have never imported tech, so I would appreciate all the help you can provide. That Geekbuying i7 Stylus on sale is calling me. XD
    Thanks! ^_^

Quack Duck
    Participant

I just wanna know. What ‘total’ price you had to pay for an Hi8, that is, including customs?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi Chris! I would want to know if you have contacted the page before buying the products to confirm with them that they will declare the customs value. I also live in Spain and have never imported tech, so I would appreciate all the help you can provide. That Geekbuying i7 Stylus on sale is calling me. XD Thanks! ^_^

If you get it sent via PostNL there is no tax to pay, and you can also ask them to declare a value.

I just wanna know. What ‘total’ price you had to pay for an Hi8, that is, including customs?

The price on the site was the total price if sent via PostNL no taxes. I had to pay 28 euros in taxes to DHL. If you use DHL, you always pay taxes, at least here in Spain.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

George
    Participant

NEGATIVE experience of Geekbuying.com purchase and service.

Incorrect information on Geekbuying.com (Cube Iwork8 wifi with 5000 mAh battery). Prior to purchase I requested confirmation that it was 5000 mAh and not 3300 mAh battery. Geekbuying confirmed by email that it was a 5000 mAh battery.
    I therefore thought Cube had upgraded the battery of the wifi version so I ordered one from Geekbuying.com.
    Received with 3300 mAh battery. When I indicated the problem, they checked with Cube, said sorry for the errors and corrected their website but refused to replace tablet received.
    Impossible to return tablet received without paying return shipment to China (27 euros). Impossible to use Spanish warehouse for return even though they charged me an extra $2.99 for this service when I ordered.
    After many email exchanges without getting anywhere, I mentionned PAYPAL dispute. Their response was that they would also charge me restocking fee, plus any repairs if the tablet was damaged or scratched. As compensation they offered me $10 refund if I kept the tablet.
    To end the hassle, I will keep the tablet with limited battery life (about 3 hours of light use). Will try to sell tablet, probably at a loss, but less expensive than return to China.
    Obviously I will NOT use Geekbuying.com for the replacement tablet and I would not recommend anyone to buy from them.

Verdict : Even though they have the Paypal buyer protection logo on their website, Geekbuying.com is not to be trusted.

Raj lak
    Participant

NEGATIVE. updated to neutral.

purchased teclast x983g 64gb
    asked them to check for issues before dispatching .
    got defective tablet 3d issues and shutting off issues. seller asked to sent the tablet back.
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/a9eutj5z8lws4/teclastx98air3g
    i cant send the tablet as i have to spent $100 for dhl and customs charges that is not economical for me.
    i asked for a partial refund seller denied to refund and asked me to repair the tablet and will give repair charges.
    opened paypal dispute and asked for a partial refund paypal was in favour of seller and asked to return the tablet for refund
    lost all my money.
    seller webchat is of not useful will ask you to send email to after sale support .usually takes 2-3/5 days to reply email.

PAYPAL PROTECTION DOES NOT ENSURE YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK.
    quoting paypals reply
    “Thank you for contacting PayPal.
    The seller declined the partial refund. Therefore the item has to be returned to the seller for a full refund. If the item is not returned and tracking is not provided by the case will then be closed in the sellers favor. Unfortunately we cannot force a seller to accept a partial refund to resolve the case. ”

UPDATE : after many email exchanges ,finally seller agreed to partial refund $60. and has refunded to my paypal account.

if you want to purchase from this seller make sure they agree for a partial refund incase you get a defective item and the item can’t be sent back.
    there is no strict quality check before dispatching . even if you tell them to do it.

TecKnight

geekbuying.com review

I live in the USA and ordered my X98 Air 3G from geekbuying.com

you may notice that geekbuying.com’s website appears to be very helpful with live chat and such.

This is true, but only BEFORE the sale.

Try to get any kind of help after the sale and you will find that you have only an email address. and don’t expect a quick or meaningful reply either.

However, geekbuying did one thing right.

My tablet was shipped DHL and I received it very quickly.

They declared the value as $40 and I did not have to pay any customs fees at all.

However, the other stuff I ordered from geekbuying was a disaster.

It took at least 2 weeks to even ship and another 2 weeks to arrive.

The bluetooth keyboard they listed as specifically for the X98 had no ESC key, no function keys and no windows key — in short a total waste.

And the only way I was able to get a response from the support email was to use the dreaded term Paypal dispute.

Verdict:

If you use geekbuying.com, only order the tablet from them.

David Feig
    Participant

GEEKBUYING.COM AVOID!

I just got a cube i7 stylus from geekbuying

Shipping by DHL was very quick

The cube i7 stylus is a decent piece of hardware, but the software is a concern.  As I had posted elsewhere, it was sent with a KBMS version of Windows 8.1 which is likely not a legit legal version.  It also had menus in chinese  langage and english, which was real confusing.

I reached out to Geekbuying about a return and they said the following

Dear customer,

Thanks for your e-mail. Your question has received our close attention. Don’t worry, we’ll work this out together.

It should be activated automatically once you connect to wifi.

Or you may return this to us as <b>7 Days Disliked item (replacement or refund warranty)</b>

Customers are responsible for Round-trip shipping fee if you want to return the disliked item. After we receive the returned, we will refund or send out the replacement as you choose.

Take it easy, we’ll keep in touch with you until the trouble is solved.

Wish you and your family have a nice day!

Best regards,

Ariel”

So I wrote back about RMA and location to ship–I will see how expensive it is to return.  While the cube might be decent hardware buying from geekbuying was a mistake.  I would not be surprised if I get stuck with it or try to sell locally at a loss.

j m
    Participant

so far i’ve only ordered and received a teclast x80h from them. they shipped fairly quickly and it came pretty well packaged with all original materials. they’re a little slow to ship after purchase, but so are many china sellers ime.

they did respond to my questions regarding product pricing specs re cube i7 when they were frst coming out, but it took them a while.

i’ve recently also ordered an x98 pro, want to try out the cherry trails via dhl. we’ll see how it goes.

David Feig
    Participant

Has anyone actually returned an item to geekbuying and got a refund?

I filed a complaint with paypal who has been pretty useless for the most part, asking for a partial refund for the cost of a copy of windows 8.1 pro.  Without asking for any documents paypal countered with either a full refund or no refund.  They refused to consider my partial refund as requested.  I have no faith that geekbuying will refund the money for my order if I return, and shipping back to china will cost like over $80, which will eat into the refund….so what to do?

j m
    Participant

I’m beginning to have 2nd thoughts about geekbuying as they’ve sent me an email requesting that I give them a different name than ordered under because apparently for some mystical reason dhl wanted to contact me, but couldn’t get a hold of me and phailed to leave a message.

Apparently I was incorrect as geekbuying is beginning to postiviely reek.

Hello sir ,

Thanks for your order. This is<wbr /> the customer service of geekb<wbr />uying.
    We are here to tell you that we are ready to ship your parcel,but The shipping compan<wbr />y was unable to contact you ,<wbr />could you give us <b>NEW NAME (NOT SAME AS YOUR ORDER BILL )</b>.
    <span style=”font-size: small;”>
    </span>Please copy the following list<wbr /> and fill it out in English. <wbr />thank you .
    recipient:
    detail address:
    city:
    province:
    postal code:
    contact phone number:
    We are looking forward to your<wbr /> early reply.
    Sincerely,

<span style=”font-size: small;”>Carrie</span>

[EDIT]

…and the tracking number supplied wednesday still doesn’t show up under ANY courier…

[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]
    WTF is that NEW NAME BS and wtf would dhl want to contact me in the first place?! they NEVER have before!
    [/EDIT2]

[EDIT3]
    Upon further reflection this morning, I wonder if possibly, for some reason DHL didn’t try to contact me. Why they suddenly want to this time when they never have before I don’t know. I’ll have to call them today and see if I can get anyone, failing that go to lunch somewhere I can get cell service and see if they really know anything, in which case it MIGHT just be that geekbuying completely suck at english and couldn’t convey the entirety of the problem coupled with utter skepticism that DHL would actually try to contact me suddenly.

I’ll update IF I can find anything out from DHL. The only thing that I can say is that in the past I have arranged to be available at home or wherever I had the package shipped to as they do tend to require signatures whereas it’s very rare for other carriers nowadays, typically only USPS and DHL.

It’s just the wording of that email that throws me off. Or what I mean to say is that it’s entirely likely that I’ve been influenced to think the worst given that suddenly so many people posting in forums seem to be skeptical of geekbuying now. I guess that I’ll see. Although up to this point it seemed to be mainly people trying to return something or getting a tablet with a hacked windows install which seems to just be common to almost all of the china sellers that I have read about. I mean I’ve even seen references of tablets from banggood using that kmspro hacktivation… but I guess that the damage has been done.
    [/EDIT3]

j m
    Participant

Yeah. OK.

They’re claiming to refund the order.

I’ve also sent a query off to DHL since they claim that the delay was down to them not being able to contact me. As to why they wanted to contact me I have no idea however I suspect that it was complete and total BS.

I’ll wait the 48h that as of 2am EDT that I received for them to receive my refund, although I am VERY saddened by this BUT I guess not ALL that surprised.
    fsckers!

j m
    Participant

OK yeah, I placed another order with banggood but initially trying by their shitty mobile app it claimed OOS for the cube i7 stylus, but by adding them on desktop, *BINGO* in cart, apply 10% discount ship it, or so I fscking hope this time ffs!

[EDIT]
    these fscking china dealers need a fscking lesson in how to not fsck yourself IMNHO…
    [/EDIT]

j m
    Participant

They refunded me my total amounts w/o any further action.

The DHL waybill # was utterly bogus.

That said, they may have shipped through some china thing or other as my prior shipments from them via dhl came via dhl at my house.

At the end of the day I ordered from banggood and my items are on the way tracking since shipped via DHL… which was “free” from my order amount, apparently > $~350 USD…

[EDIT]

I’d REALLY LIKE TO HOPE that geekbuying is still good.  They refunded me, OTOH they handed me some BS on shipping, and other complaints.

[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]

Well they refunded me in full.  I’m still not sure about them though after this experience reading some other items about them but OTOH I can’t help but wonder if it’s because they’ve got noone with decent english skills for when things don’t quite go right.  i.e. my first order from them went through with zero problems.

Additionally it seems like questions come up with almost every other chinese seller, although for gaming handhelds and a few other tablets willgoo was good, but last I checked their store their general tablet selection was pretty limited as they specialize in handheld gaming oriented mainly android devices, i.e. smaller form factor(usually) tablets with dedicated gaming buttons, sticks, etc. Also had luck with ordering smaller items from sellers on aliexpress, e.g. gameboy colour(note the added u essentially a gameboy color clone didn’t have much of a choice of seller as few vendors sold them), cases, etc.

[/EDIT2]

Gurung
    Participant

Just ordered Cube i7 Stylus from Geekbuying.com for $330 (including TNT shipment). Will keep you all posted on how this experience goes.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar