Getting dual boot back

Getting dual boot back

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion Getting dual boot back

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Participant

So I recently tried to upgrade my Chuwi Hi10 to windows 10 pro creators edition x64 and I wanted to keep the android + windows 10 dual boot

So I plugged in my USB stick containing a newly downloaded windows 10 created from MS media creation tool.

I stupidly formatted all partitions

Now I have successfully re-installed Android 5.1 stock but now I am left with just the Android boot option at start up

I have tried plugging in my USB stick and booting from it but whenever the windows installer comes up it crashes saying ACPI BIOS error

I’ve been trying to follow the guide on this page:

Install/restore Android stock and Windows 10 x64 on Chuwi Hi10

But I’m stuck, I copied all the files to my USB stick overwriting the originals… but I still get the error.

do I need a particular version of windows or can I use the one I’ve created?

Once windows is re-installed, how do I get the dual boot menu back?

I’ve already got a copy of all the drivers

Also I noticed Screen rotate does not work on Android anymore…

Help greatly appreciated.

santi_sc
    Participant

So I recently tried to upgrade my Chuwi Hi10 to windows 10 pro creators edition x64 and I wanted to keep the android + windows 10 dual boot So I plugged in my USB stick containing a newly downloaded windows 10 created from MS media creation tool. I stupidly formatted all partitions Now I have successfully re-installed Android 5.1 stock but now I am left with just the Android boot option at start up I have tried plugging in my USB stick and booting from it but whenever the windows installer comes up it crashes saying ACPI BIOS error I’ve been trying to follow the guide on this page:

Install/restore Android stock and Windows 10 x64 on Chuwi Hi10

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” style=”position: absolute; clip: rect(1px, 1px, 1px, 1px);” title=”“Install/restore Android stock and Windows 10 x64 on Chuwi Hi10” — TechTablets” src=”https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/installrestore-android-stock-and-windows-10-x64-on-chuwi-hi10-dualos/embed/#?secret=P5wsLRHqwY&#8221; width=”600″ height=”338″ frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” sandbox=”allow-scripts” data-secret=”P5wsLRHqwY” data-mce-fragment=”1″></iframe> But I’m stuck, I copied all the files to my USB stick overwriting the originals… but I still get the error. do I need a particular version of windows or can I use the one I’ve created? Once windows is re-installed, how do I get the dual boot menu back? I’ve already got a copy of all the drivers Also I noticed Screen rotate does not work on Android anymore… Help greatly appreciated.

The partitions that correspond to Windows in the dual Tablet are usually 12,13,14 and 15.

This tutorial helped me to restore the dual boot Tablet: https://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2254&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D30

Watch the step of updating the BIOS DO NOT REALIZE it. Start from step II install Android, then install Windows as there is indicated. You must use the corresponding files for your Tablet.

Well, it is normal that once the tablet only has Android installed it jumps in the start menu only the option to boot in Android, if it is fixed it is possible that it also leaves a letter W.

If you do not have the corresponding files for your Tablet, tell me the serial number and model of the Tablet and I’ll help you find them. You can find the serial number recorded on the back of the Tablet.

As I do not know what method you have used to install Android I recommend you do what I told you before:
    1 install Android
    2 install Windows

Greetings.

Dan
    Participant

The partitions that correspond to Windows in the dual Tablet are usually 12,13,14 and 15. This tutorial helped me to restore the dual boot Tablet: https://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2254&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D30 Watch the step of updating the BIOS DO NOT REALIZE it. Start from step II install Android, then install Windows as there is indicated. You must use the corresponding files for your Tablet. Well, it is normal that once the tablet only has Android installed it jumps in the start menu only the option to boot in Android, if it is fixed it is possible that it also leaves a letter W. If you do not have the corresponding files for your Tablet, tell me the serial number and model of the Tablet and I’ll help you find them. You can find the serial number recorded on the back of the Tablet. As I do not know what method you have used to install Android I recommend you do what I told you before: 1 install Android 2 install Windows Greetings.

Thanks for the reply, to confirm I’ve already installed Android 5.1 stock and it is working.

I would like to know if there is any updated versions of Android EG 6 Marshmallow or 7 Nougat or even 8 Oreo? And could someone provide links to them?

I need to get windows 10 working

What do I need to download to get windows 10 working

I’ve created a USB boot drive with the latest version of windows 10 on but when I try to install it I receive the following error message:

ACPI BIOS error

Tablet serial number Q64G42161104047

Thanks

santi_sc
    Participant

The partitions that correspond to Windows in the dual Tablet are usually 12,13,14 and 15. This tutorial helped me to restore the dual boot Tablet: https://forum.chuwi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2254&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D30 Watch the step of updating the BIOS DO NOT REALIZE it. Start from step II install Android, then install Windows as there is indicated. You must use the corresponding files for your Tablet. Well, it is normal that once the tablet only has Android installed it jumps in the start menu only the option to boot in Android, if it is fixed it is possible that it also leaves a letter W. If you do not have the corresponding files for your Tablet, tell me the serial number and model of the Tablet and I’ll help you find them. You can find the serial number recorded on the back of the Tablet. As I do not know what method you have used to install Android I recommend you do what I told you before: 1 install Android 2 install Windows Greetings.

Thanks for the reply, to confirm I’ve already installed Android 5.1 stock and it is working. I would like to know if there is any updated versions of Android EG 6 Marshmallow or 7 Nougat or even 8 Oreo? And could someone provide links to them? I need to get windows 10 working What do I need to download to get windows 10 working I’ve created a USB boot drive with the latest version of windows 10 on but when I try to install it I receive the following error message: ACPI BIOS error Tablet serial number Q64G42161104047 Thanks

Hello,

No, unfortunately no higher version of Android is available for the first edition Hi10.

To install Windows, now I see that does not allow to enter the forum of Chuwi to find the links corresponding to the serial number of your tablet, so the option would be creating a USB bootable, but it is rare the error message that you get.
    Have you installed Android using the flash.json file so that the tablet is completely formatted?

I explain how it would be to install Windows with a Microsoft ISO, You need a Windows 10 ISO home, created with Media cretion tool from the Microsoft website

Once the prepared pendrive turns on the tablet and press F7 to have the boot menu and select the usb with Windows. The installation will begin, when it says where to install, we give it to the custom.

Now two cases can arise:
    1- We find some partitions that are those that contain Android and in the end one that puts unallocated space, which is where we choose to install Windows and it is expected to be installed.

2- All partitions are occupied and have to be touched.
    We delete the partitions 12, 13, 14, 15 and create unallocated space.
    Once Windows starts, the drivers will be missing, in this case, we are in it because now the manufacturer’s forum is down and does not let in.

To solve the issue of the drivers would be to download them from the download section of this forum, looking for their Hi10 drivers tablet model https://techtablets.com/downloads-drivers-roms/

If during the afternoon I see that the Chuwi forum works I will send you a new answer with the links to download the files corresponding to Windows according to the serial number of your tablet.

Greetings.

Yunus Khan
    Participant

I have the Chuwi HI 10 (without Plus/Pro) Serial No. Q64G42171200689. Windows is functioning well, only Android 5.1 does not boot with the Bootloader Error Code 02. How can I recover Android 5.1 or fix the Bootloader error code 02?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar