Ghost / False Touches?

Ghost / False Touches?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Ghost / False Touches?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Nidlax
    Participant

Has anyone experienced an issue with ghost touches / false movement on the i7 Book?

When I try to tap a taskbar icon using my finger, it often pulls up the jump list as if I had swiped up instead of opening or switching to the app. When I’m scrolling in Edge, the screen will sometimes zoom in for no reason. I’m not sure if this is an issue with calibration, Window’s touch implementation, the digitizer implementation, or an abnormal hardware problem.

waspinator
    Participant

sounds like a hardware problem. I’ve had similar issues with other touch screen devices and needed to replace the touch panel.

benjat
    Participant

I haven’t had a similar issue to that you described. Mine has a little ‘deadzone’ on the bottom right though, so maybe the hardware issues are possible.

Nidlax
    Participant

I’ve noticed the issue is most severe at the bottom edge of the screen. If I do a series of taps on the desktop, I can see that the screen will detect some taps as an attempt to select. If I try the same test at the top edge, taps will always be detected as taps.

Should I ask the seller for a replacement?

waspinator
    Participant

Do you think you could shoot a video showcasing the issue clearly?

Nidlax
    Participant

Do you think you could shoot a video showcasing the issue clearly?

Yep, here’s a video depicting the issue: https://youtu.be/xrr9rHZUqwM

Let me know if anything can be clarified. I’m sending this to Shengzhen Ele Technology as well.

Likoum
    Participant

I don’t know if it could be the reason but you have left the “marketing” plastic sheet on your screen (we can see the ads in the lower right corner when you flip the ablet). you can remove that, there is another screen protector below. Maybe it will fix your issue (even if I doubt it, but I have seen weirder things with computers …)

Nidlax
    Participant

I don’t know if it could be the reason but you have left the “marketing” plastic sheet on your screen (we can see the ads in the lower right corner when you flip the ablet). you can remove that, there is another screen protector below. Maybe it will fix your issue (even if I doubt it, but I have seen weirder things with computers …)

I removed the “marketing” plastic sheet and it’s still doing the exact same thing. This tablet is great, but I think this issue is a deal breaker for me. Hopefully I can get a replacement.

Likoum
    Participant

It would be a deal breacker for anybody I think … at least it would be for me too …

Piotr
    Participant

Any news from Ele in this matter? What they say ?

Nidlax
    Participant

Any news from Ele in this matter? What they say ?

They asked for a second video, waiting to hear from them after they view it.

Piotr
    Participant

Thanks

I have same issue to, already did “Winodows reset” acording to Ele request but ofc it doesn’t solve anything. At moment they are asking me about visit in “local repair centre”… We will see how it will go.

Edit:

I’m playing now with Paint, and it look that I’m able to tap screen more than 100 times without any issues in it… This is strage, it should draw a line i think if swipe movement is detected… can you try on your device?

Nidlax
    Participant

Thanks I have same issue to, already did “Winodows reset” acording to Ele request but ofc it doesn’t solve anything. At moment they are asking me about visit in “local repair centre”… We will see how it will go. Edit: I’m playing now with Paint, and it look that I’m able to tap screen more than 100 times without any issues in it… This is strage, it should draw a line i think if swipe movement is detected… can you try on your device?

The issue is very apparent in Paint on my device. Same result as OneNote.

Piotr
    Participant

Does it work more or less as for me ?

One note:

Paint:

I noticed paint to be less vulnerable for false movements.

Nidlax
    Participant

It would be helpful if Chris or other owners could let us know if they experience this issue as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar