Ghost / False Touches?

Ghost / False Touches?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Ghost / False Touches?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Likoum
    Participant

I was thinking that I was not having the issue but I have checked again to be sure, and indeed sometime when the click is very close to the screen lower border it does a swipe instead of a clcik … no big deal for me as it does not do it that often and only when like 2mm form the edge of the screen. I had not seen the issue before in daily usage of the tablet.

Piotr
    Participant

They asked for a second video, waiting to hear from them after they view it.

How your discussion with Ele is going?

Are you going to send it back for refund / replacement?

ahrlad
    Participant

I notice the same lines/swipes when touching the bottom of the screen in Onenote, I don’t get the context menu when clicking icons on the taskbar though.

Mario Fajardo
    Participant

It does happen to me too, however it is incredibly rare for it to happen. Based on my limited time using it, I’ve noticed that it happens only on the lower border, no matter what rotation and only on the taskbar, which makes me guess it is something to do with Windows. I’m going to update to Inside Preview later this day, will report if it repeats after that. Wish I’ve ordered the keyboard so I’ve could tried installing Linux right away.

Blackburn
    Participant

That’s a windows issue, just get the latest insider build. If you get flashing touches without touching the screen, that’s as hardware issue. Get a replacement.

Proud supporter of TechTablets via Patreon
    Tablets: Hi12 dual boot & MediaPad M5
    Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Global ROM)
    PC: Dell G3 15 1050 Ti undervolted & repaste
    Desktop PC: AMD Ryzen 1700, 16GB RAM, 512GB 960 Evo, Gigabyte 1060 6GB

Nidlax
    Participant

We might be experiencing different issues. My touch issue only occurs with the bottom edge of the physical screen. The problem goes away if I rotate my taskbar to any other edge.

Also, I’ve noticed some issues with the digitizer not responding to touch intermittently and requiring multiple touches before it would register anything. It seems almost like a power management issue where the digitizer is sleeping. Not sure if this is a problem with Windows or not.

Mario Fajardo
    Participant

Yeah, we were experiencing different issues. In fact the upgrade fixed all the issues I was having. Made me realize how MS is far more M$ now, where the pre windows 10 insider build felt like they shipped beta quality software and started to get paid for it (without taking into account telemetry). Sorry for the small rant/offtopic.

EDIT: W10 is starting to feel like a joke. The insider build has a few really annoying bugs like random internet slowdowns or taskbar showing infullscreen apps (more annoying than the swiping, for sure), that, for what I’ve been checking, Microsoft should have been aware for months now and has not pushed a fix. And the anniversary update is around the corner where I won’t be able to dismiss them. Again, ranting but it feels generally bad.

Nidlax
    Participant

I’m running the Redstone RTM build and the issue is still present, although somewhat less noticeable. In any case, it looks like the bottom portion of the digitizer is either not well calibrated or has some hardware issues. Shenzhen Ele does not want to acknowledge it as a problem after seeing my latest video, but I will see what they can do.

More feedback on this would be appreciated. It would be helpful to know whether or not this issue is present by design.

Mario Fajardo
    Participant

What you are showing in the videos happens in mine too with the anniversary insider preview, reinstalled with Windows “Reset this PC’ feature. However, I do not experience any of the symptoms you described in the first post, the only one that I had was the swipes, but that was fixed with the anniversary update and probably getting used to the tablet.

Piotr
    Participant

For me it is definetely hw issue, it happens only on bottom edge, for me somwhere on the middle of taskbar (if i press on edge tap is recognized correctly).
    If screen is rotated (top become bottom) issue is not present anymore.
    Maybe it could be addressed by some sw fixes which could mask this behaviour but without cube involvement looks to be hard.
    Look on my OneNote “painting” there is clearly visible difference between top and bottom of screen.
    Here is last movie i sent to Ele, almost 100% reproductible

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Nidlax
    Participant

For the issue with the touchscreen acting up at the bottom of the screen, I may have found an acceptable solution / workaround. I’ll post a new thread about it – it involves using a custom touch calibration grid.

Bobo
    Participant

Hi Nidlax, I tried reproducing your issue as soon as I got my Tablet. I couldn’t.

However it seems I have a ghost touch from times to times when I swipe down with my finder when browsing that force Edge to zoom in. Nothing big as I don’t use my fingers much but no one is perfect!

Chris G
    Keymaster

All fixed for me on the Windows 10 Anniversary update.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Piotr
    Participant

Thanks Chris for your involvement

I just got stylus and did anniversary upgrade, drawing using stylus doesn’t make any problem both before and after upgrade, and is fine same as for you.

But “touch and finger” is still corrupted. Can you do me a favor and check how your device behaves on edges but using finger?

Thanks.

waspinator
    Participant

I just tested mine, and I don’t have the issues you describe. It seems you have a hardware issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar