[GUIDE] Fix keyboard repeat response delay or lag

[GUIDE] Fix keyboard repeat response delay or lag

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series [GUIDE] Fix keyboard repeat response delay or lag

This topic contains 33 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Chupa 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Hoang Anh Phu
    Participant

I figured out how to fix keyboard delays or slow when typing repeat continuously.
    This is the tutorial:
    1. Create a reg file using Notepad:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\Keyboard Response]
    “AutoRepeatDelay”=”500”
    “AutoRepeatRate”=”20”
    “DelayBeforeAcceptance”=”0”
    “Flags”=”27”

2. Save as .reg file and apply this file.

3. Log out or reset EZBook and feel the difference.

*** If you have any trouble, create a reg file with the default value and apply this

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\Keyboard Response]
    “AutoRepeatDelay”=”1000”
    “AutoRepeatRate”=”500”
    “DelayBeforeAcceptance”=”1000”
    “Flags”=”126”

Rodelkoenig
    Participant

Works like a charm 🙂 I love you :-*

nmzs
    Participant

This has not fixed the actual issue for me. Yes, the delay is shorter, but it still misses a huge chunk of key strokes when typing really fast (try just hitting randoms keys will all fingers, after a second it will hardly register any keystrokes at all). When I’m typing quickly (but actually typing), it’ll miss about 1 in 5-10 characters, which still is a huge issue and has not improved.

Riccardo
    Participant

I figured out how to fix keyboard delays or slow when typing repeat continuously. This is the tutorial: 1. Create a reg file using Notepad:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\Keyboard Response] “AutoRepeatDelay”=”500” “AutoRepeatRate”=”20” “DelayBeforeAcceptance”=”0” “Flags”=”27”

2. Save as .reg file and apply this file. 3. Log out or reset EZBook and feel the difference. *** If you have any trouble, create a reg file with the default value and apply this

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\Keyboard Response] “AutoRepeatDelay”=”1000” “AutoRepeatRate”=”500” “DelayBeforeAcceptance”=”1000” “Flags”=”126”

Man you are simply a Genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now it is almost perfect, thank you thank you and thank you!!! Typing now is very good in terms of speed, not so much in terms of precision but i’m pretty sure that is due to the hardware switch of the Keys. Also Fn+ F2 F3 for changing the volume works fine, not the same about the brightness. That was my experience

nmzs
    Participant

Ok, so it seems like the issue with typing quickly is rather due to there being no multiple key rollover. How have I not heard about this in any review? It’s impossible to type quickly and reliably on this keyboard and you can’t even use shortcuts like ctrl+shift+left to select a word. I realize this is a very cheap device, but this seems like a crucial thing when using a laptop.

Riccardo
    Participant

Ok, so it seems like the issue with typing quickly is rather due to there being no multiple key rollover. How have I not heard about this in any review? It’s impossible to type quickly and reliably on this keyboard and you can’t even use shortcuts like ctrl+shift+left to select a word. I realize this is a very cheap device, but this seems like a crucial thing when using a laptop.

It’s a bit stranger not to have heard anything about this, but probably we cannot expect, as I actually do, so much from a chinese device. For me this is a second machine mainly for multimedia use so fortunately i will not type so much. By now I only miss the combinations of more than 3 Keys but it seems to be common to the EZB.

Impie
    Participant

My V3 also has the issue of the CTRL+Shift shortcuts, but I can honestly deal with that not working. Selecting a word isn’t a function I use often, and deleting said word still works with CTRL+Backspace (or delete). In terms of typing quickly though, it functions absolutely fine; I haven’t noticed any missed keystrokes.

The V4 on the other hand, now that has all these problems, and then some.. And this fix didn’t solve my problem whatsoever, unfortunately.

nmzs
    Participant

Have you checked the registry entries with regedit? Using a .reg-file didn’t change things for me, but editing them manually did.

If you just press keys randomly on the v3 as quickly as possible, do all keystrokes register? I’m seeing a huge difference between an external and an internal keyboard when doing that.

edit: Also, when I’m going down a list by holding the “down” key, it seems like it doesn’t stop immediately when I let go of the key and it goes down one or two more spots than I’d expect it to.

ozoner
    Participant

I successfully added this registry hack, an it fixed the repeating key issue beautifully, thank you.

Unfortunately it doesn’t fix the major issue with the latest revision of this notebook, which is the missing keystrokes. I suspect it’s a hardware issue. I have submitted a gearbest ticket, and will wait to see what comes back – however if it’s not fixed I will RMA this unit. If you can’t type on it, it’s not fit for purpose, end of conversation.  It’s really a shame about the keyboard issue, because the rest of the unit is fantastic.

Constantine
    Participant

the issue of the CTRL+Shift shortcuts

Right shift (RShift) works fine. Ctrl+LShift+ any key from two lower rows (z to / and Win, Alt, Space, Arrows) doesn’t work.

Darren
    Participant

Might sound daft but when I press \ on my keyboard I get # symbol instead. How will get \ symbol? Done a fresh install of Windows and when I try to update drivers from the file downloaded from here it says they are already up to date.

Darren
    Participant

Just used on screen keyboard, thanks

Darren
    Participant

Hi nmz, it didn’t seem to work for me. Could you tell me where to edit them manually, cheers

Kalle
    Participant

Don’t know if I’m stupid but if I type that and save it as reg file and run it, Windows throws an error sayings it’s not valid code.

Rodelkoenig
    Participant

Well you could execute regedit and go manually to the path specified in the .reg-File.

You just have to edit the values manually, then it works fine.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password