[GUIDE] Fix keyboard repeat response delay or lag

[GUIDE] Fix keyboard repeat response delay or lag

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series [GUIDE] Fix keyboard repeat response delay or lag

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    juan
    Participant

Note correct reg file for windows 10.

++

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Accessibility\Keyboard Response]
    “AutoRepeatDelay”=”500”
    “AutoRepeatRate”=”20”
    “DelayBeforeAcceptance”=”0”
    “Flags”=”27”

++

Dina
    Participant

Works like a charm ? I love you :-*

Advice me please. How do I change the number value? like

from “AutoRepeatDelay”=”1000” to
    “AutoRepeatDelay”=”500”

Rodelkoenig
    Participant

Works like a charm ? I love you :-*

Advice me please. How do I change the number value? like from “AutoRepeatDelay”=”1000” to “AutoRepeatDelay”=”500”

Open regedit (Win-Key+R), go down this path: HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Accessibility\Keyboard Response

Rightclick the value you want to change and choose “change” –> change it from 1000 to 500 😉

Mallo
    Participant

i’m quite sure that the problem with the keyboard (and also the laggy touchpad for little movements) is related to the “updated” bios version of the new V4 version (sandisck emmc one).

I also have a v4 from the fisrt branch and the BIOS is a little different.

does anyone know how to pull the BIOS from the former V4 and put it in the latter V4?

Marc-Aurele Filion
    Participant

I just got this laptop a few days ago. I also suffers from the keyboard lag and my bios doesn’t have the fully unlocked bios to modify the power limit. I feel like this issue wasn’t present in the version 4 Chris reviewed as i’m sure he would have said something about it. The tweaks to the Regedit helps but it still feels so slow compared to why I plug a USB keyboard to it. If someone has found a solution either to load the previous BIOS or to fix the issue, please let us know. Thanks!

Anon
    Participant

I guess we’ll have to wait for V5. But at that point they’ll likely release the Ezbook 4 with the N5000 (2000 single core in geekbench3 vs 1300 for the N3450). It’s always the same with these Chinese products, by the time they fix most issues you’ll be able to buy the successor which will of course comes with a bunch of new problems in V1.

But I don’t see an alternative on the market at the moment. There is literally not one single laptop under 500€ with 12-14 inch 1080p, slim metall design and decent CPU available here in Germany. All you get is old Atom CPUs with shitty plastic cases.

jazz
    Participant

HELP – Anybody who has technical skills, is there any way to enable these combo keys or are those keystrokes simple not possible on arrow keys dues to physical keyboard issue or BIOS
    has anyone found a way of getting combo keys to work, like ctrl + shft + right or left arrow etc. to select words at a time, up \down etc. There was a workaround with keyboard manager software but still cannot make use of the arrrow keys in 3 key combos and you have to buy the software.

Also missing page up\down home\end. As a writer this is a complete deal breaker, would have not bought this laptop had I known.

Marc-Aurele Filion
    Participant

So, I’ve finally made peace with myself and I can’t try to “love” this laptop anymore. I have the version 4 with the keyboard issue and it’s driving me nuts.

My other laptop is a Dell Latitude 7000 series and the keyboard is just so much better and can’t bring myself to type on the Ezbook or even love it at this point. I looked everywhere and the issue seems to be related to the keyboard not supporting something like “n-key roll over” so it can only register a certain amount of keystrokes per minutes. So there is just no way we can fix this as it hardware related.

I bough mine on Ebay and going to be returning it to the seller. It’s a shame because the build quality is so nice on the Jumper. To bad they just want to make a quick buck and don’t really want to produce a great product. What a shame!

sportnok
    Participant

Am I right in saying this is only on the V4 with Samsung or sandisk eMMC’s?

Liam
    Participant

Works great, thanks a lot.

I have version 4 with M.2 hatch and SanDisk eMMC.

Missing keystrokes
    Participant

While I kind of got used to pushing the keys extremely hard while touch typing. It’s simply impossible to get used to be only using a 2-Key rollover.

I doubt a keyboard with 3 or 4 Keyrollover would have been so much more expensive 🙁 What a waste of an otherwise good laptop

Victor
    Participant

If someone else is having the same problem after trying all the options, you can try this .reg file:

For me it works and now i can press only once the keyboard key and delete all words.

Save to a .reg file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility\Keyboard Response]

"Last Valid Wait"=dword:00000000
    "Last Valid Delay"=dword:000003e8
    "Last Valid Repeat"=dword:000001f4
    "Last BounceKey Setting"=dword:00000000
    "Flags"="59"
    "DelayBeforeAcceptance"="0"
    "AutoRepeatRate"="20"
    "AutoRepeatDelay"="440"
    "BounceTime"="0"

Source: http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/173128-fix-for-hyper-fast-win-10-keyboard-repeat/

juan
    Participant

Great job!! Working great here!!

Christian
    Participant

It works perfect! Much better than the first fix! And the key strokes will not be lost anymore!

maranza
    Participant

I tried your solution but it’s still laggy. When I type fast it misses several keys and it’s really annoying

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password