Hackintosh?

Hackintosh?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  filn 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Francesco
    Participant

Hi guys,

i’ve been wondering if someone tried to install MacOs on a Ezbook?

Would it be possible?

Chupa
    Participant

sure no problem and then you slap a big apple logo on the back and sell it with 300% profit.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Francesco
    Participant

Joking aside, it does look possible, i sadly lack a Mac to create the bootable usb and Vms are not recommended

Mojave looks pretty nice, i’ll see if there is any workaround

georgee
    Participant

No. Atoms and Celerons, and Intel HD Graphics on those processors are not supported and are a waste of time.

Chupa
    Participant

sure you can, I even run win 8 in a n3450 and that is blocked from MS and Intel.
    with the right tools and tricks everything is possible.

the question is: is the outcome worth the work

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Francesco
    Participant

No. Atoms and Celerons, and Intel HD Graphics on those processors are not supported and are a waste of time.

I have an EzBook 3 plus, sports the same core m3-7y30 from the  small MacBook line, and graphics should be the same, i’ll keep you guys posted if i find a workaround

filn
    Participant

I got the Ezbook Plus last week. Today I installed Mojave, still trying to get the trackpad to work.

Did any of you got the trackpad working?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Chupa
    Participant

try it first with an external mouse and take it from there

Need Help?

Furkan
    Participant

I got the Ezbook Plus last week. Today I installed Mojave, still trying to get the trackpad to work. Did any of you got the trackpad working?

how about internal wifi adapter? does it work?

filn
    Participant

how about internal wifi adapter? does it work?

No but for that I use a small wifi comfast usb adapter.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Comfast-RTL8188EUS-Mini-USB-Wi-fi-adapter-2-4G-Wifi-dongle-150Mbps-802-11b-g-n/32852054964.html

You can also get an AC one or if your laptop has an extra M2 slot you can install a macbook wifi BT card with an adapter.

Intel wireless AC is not supported. Bluetooth is working no need for usb adapter!

Francesco
    Participant

Well that’s pretty nice, do you mind sharing where did you find the mojave image?

Chupa
    Participant

easy, just search for it!

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=mojave+image&t=ffab&atb=v105-5__&iax=images&ia=images

Need Help?

filn
    Participant

Well that’s pretty nice, do you mind sharing where did you find the mojave image?

If you have a Mac or a  hacintosh you can download it from the macOS Apple Store and then create a boot usb drive with EFI/clover. I do not advise you to downloaded mojave from some weird site.

Francesco
    Participant

If you have a Mac or a hacintosh you can download it from the macOS Apple Store and then create a boot usb drive with EFI/clover. I do not advise you to downloaded mojave from some weird site.

Yeah that’s what stopped me, i dont own any MacOs device sadly.

Btw how’s battery life compared to windows?

filn
    Participant

Yeah that’s what stopped me, i dont own any MacOs device sadly. Btw how’s battery life compared to windows?

I didn’t  have enough time to see that on macOS, I installed windows again and also tried Linux MX. I will probably order another M2 ssd just for macOS testing.

Battery should be ok, the ezbook Plus only has the intel iGPU if you also have a dedicated gpu like the MX150 sometimes the managment between the 2 is not great for battery life. Also mojave does not support some nvidia gpus only high sierra (Metal and Cuda related).
    https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1042520/driver/-when-will-the-nvidia-web-drivers-be-released-for-macos-mojave-10-14-/61

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password