Has anyone gotten OSX working on the Cube i7 Book

Has anyone gotten OSX working on the Cube i7 Book

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Has anyone gotten OSX working on the Cube i7 Book

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Rohan Elwadhi
    Participant

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has had any success in getting OSX working on the Cube i7 Book.

There is a guide and files to get OSX working on the Cube i7 Stylus and hoping someone could do the same for the Book.

This tablet/computer has similar specs to the current MacBook m3 and similar components to the Cube i7 Stylus.

Thanks in Advance

arifharia
    Participant

i following the youtube tutorial by iraqi tech,, follow his suggestion to use original clover without modifying with stylus clover,, booting up & passing the loading bar until the step of choosing disk to install mac el pwn by disk utility,, BUT it won’t detect my foresee 64 gb ssd.. only my usb installer read by disk utility.. anyone has the solution??

Mikael Yipsiotis
    Participant

I think you will need to change some things in the bios,

There is a guide on how to do it on the stylus, however, the i7 book lacks some of those options, I don’t know if that could be the problem…

I tried installing it on USB, but can’t get it going, it sticks on the apple screen after clover.

Which version of osx are you using?

Mike

John Macie
    Participant

I’ve been trying to install osx on i7 book also. I have tried following iraqi tech, and xda, and tonymac, too, but have not gotten any good results yet.  I have a new main computer and am having difficulty installing osx on it also. I have installed every release since 10.6 on an old netbook and legacy bios pc, but these newer chipsets are the problem I believe. I don’t think the one missing bios parameter not found in i7 book that is in i7 stylus bios is the reason the install won’t work. I think it’s getting the right combination of power manage ment with fake cpuid.  I hope we can all contribute and get this worked out. A dual boot osx/windows would be pretty great.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Looking through tonymacx I came across this thread here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hp-elite-x2-1012-the-ultimate-os-x-tablet-pretty-close.209600/

Since the HP Elite X2 1012 has similar specs to the Cube i7 Book and the guide actually lists what to patch and how, this might be a pointer in the right direction. Haven’t tried it myself yet though, since I’m not that tech savy tbh – but it seems the guide’s creator used Rehabman’s Patches and only had to add one or two things specific to the HP Elite. So it might be worth a try to do what it says there but leave out the HP Elite specific stuff.

EDIT: Obviously you’d had to not use the bios settings as in that guide but use the settings as laid out in the Iraqitech guide.

EDIT 2: I read somewhere on tonymac that Skylake is only support from Version 10.11.4 upwards, so that might be cruical too.

John Macie
    Participant

I’m studying up on this hack. Thanks for the link. Hackintosh is difficult, and the link you provided is a person with considerable programming expertise. Also, skylake, like you say, requires sierra 10.12, I believe. But I’ve been trying to get osx on this i7 book for a while, and I’m sure the Russians will have it soon, and let us all know.

Rohan Elwadhi
    Participant

I have been trying alot as well. Hopefully together we able to get it working, and someone can make a guide. Thanks for the link above about he HP elite x2. I will take a look at it as well sometime next week and give it a go. Have to borrows friend Macbook 🙁

Anonymous
    Inactive

Okies guys, some very talented people got it at least semi-working. Using their Clover-Files I could install and run Sierra. (El Capitan works too)

It’s useable but quite a few things dont work (yet). (Touchpad and Pen, Battery Status, Sleep and wake to name a few)

Will post the EFI folder later.

John Macie
    Participant

Wow, awesome!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Attached you will find the Clover files.

This is the stuff that works atm:
    – Keyboard
    – Bluetooth
    – USB 2.0, 3.0
    – WIFI via WIFI Dongle
    – Intel HD 515 (full hardware acceleration)

– App Store: (google “Layman’s guide to access Mac App Store with NullEthernet.kext”)

Doesn’t work:
    – HDMI via USB C
    – SD Cardreader
    – Touchscreen
    – Touchpad
    – Pen
    – Battery Status
    – Standby wake from sleep
    – Brightness adjustment

– Sound(?)

Rohan Elwadhi
    Participant

This is awesome progress. Hopefully with more tinkering, we might be able get some of these things working (touchscreen, pen, touchpad, etc).

EDIT: When/If you make more progress, please keep us updated with info/files. I believe well greatly appreciate your effort. Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Will do, but feel free to help in making progress yourself, too 😀 Trying to get battery status working atm and it proves to be quite difficult. So yeah, get your hands dirty and report back if you find out something useful.

Oh btw, make sure to set “Bootup Numlock State” to “Off” in Bios if you are using the official keyboard dock, or else you have to press Capslock twice and / or Shift+FN+Numlock to be able to type correctly.

John Macie
    Participant

I got a patched dsdt from olarila.com from MaLD0N. You can put it in  efi,clover in acpi-patched- folder. This will help many of the features ultimately function with the added kexts. If you want to donate to MaLDon for his work on the dsdt edit, you can donate on olarila.com, look for the english dsdt forum page and he has a donate button if you want to give him $5 or so. see attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    John Macie
    Participant

I just got my i7 book the other day and got osx sierra on it. The dsdt.zip I posted before is not recommended, as of now. I still have not gotten anything other than the install going, BUT, this is a very big UP to
    @kimkwanka !!
    and her very generous and talented friends, for the efi. It is the only reason I was able to install osx at all. I’ll report back after I sort out the dsdt. I’m not entirely sure why it is not right, but will definitely sort it out. Thanks again
    @kimkwanka and friends!

FUCKTECHTABLET
    Participant

Any news?

FUCK FUCKTECHTABLET

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password