Has anyone gotten OSX working on the Cube i7 Book

Has anyone gotten OSX working on the Cube i7 Book

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Has anyone gotten OSX working on the Cube i7 Book

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    John Macie
    Participant

Use @kimkwanka ‘s efi from 6 posts back. Don’t use my dsdt with it though. No audio through speakers, no hdmi through usb-c, no touchscreen etc., just like @kimkwanka said in her post, but it works for sure, I use it.

Joachim
    Participant

Any news on this front?

I´d like to see MacOS X on the MixPlus..

arifharia
    Participant

mac osx is highly specific hardware dependent.. as Iraqi tech EFI works ONLY for Cube i7 stylus but not work at all for cube i7 book,, what i know is that the  @kimkwanka ‘s efi from 6 posts is really works for Cube i7 book (with limitation) as she said,, don’t know whether it can work also or not for mixplus.. just try it & post any news if you done..

Joachim
    Participant

OS X always was very hardware dependent. Still, I had good experiences earlier with hackintoshes using kinda standard hardware (which all those kaby lake Tablets / notebooks have, except for special things like camera, touchscreen) with custom EFIs and a few custom drivers.

Unfortunately I´m out of this area since quite some time and fear that i don´t have the time to do this myself now.

On another front: is there any possibility to speed up MacOS X in a VM? Especially 2D-acceleration?

I now have a VM with High Sierra running on VirtualBox on the mix plus and Screen-updates are slow; the rest isn´t really fast, either, but acceptable.

Joachim
    Participant

On another front: is there any possibility to speed up MacOS X in a VM? Especially 2D-acceleration? I now have a VM with High Sierra running on VirtualBox on the mix plus and Screen-updates are slow; the rest isn´t really fast, either, but acceptable.

Now using VMWare for the MacOS Virtual Machine – this does work better / faster than VirtualBox. Still no gfx-acceleration.

James Deen
    Participant

Sorry, but this is probably the most ridiculous question that i have ever seen. There is no way we could get something that does not even open source.

Rohan Elwadhi
    Participant

Sorry, but this is probably the most ridiculous question that i have ever seen. There is no way we could get something that does not even open source.

Sorry?….Do some research before you comment that this is a ridiculous question. Hackintosh is a thriving and popular thing to do:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/

Also the Cube i7 Stylus has full OSX working:

John Macie
    Participant

OSx works fine on cube i7 book. The efi is a few posts back. There are a couple of things that don’t work, like wifi, but you can get a mini wifi dongle for $7 and it is fine. You also don’t have a kext for sd card, but it is probably doable, just needs more attention. The efi is the key, with that you have qe/ci and you can do most everything

heisenberghdf
    Participant

So, any news about the sound or anything?

John Macie
    Participant

Sound works through headphones and bluetooth, just not speakers, but there are ways to patch the kext, look for patches from rehabman or voodookext patches for audio

Heru Nur
    Participant

I just successfully installed El-Capitan, Sierra and High Sierra in my Cube i7 Book, with Spec:
    – Model Cube i7 Book
    – CPU Intel Core m3 6Y30 1.51GHz (Skylake)
    – GPU Intel HD515
    – RAM 4GB
    – SSD 256GB (upgraded)

This is works running well:
    – Keyboard
    – Bluetooth
    – USB 2.0, 3.0, Type-C (external display)
    – Intel HD 515
    – Mouse by USB
    – WIFI USB dongle (RTL8188E)
    – Sound by appleHDA-patching

Doesn’t work:
    – HDMI via USB C
    – SD Cardreader
    – Touchscreen
    – Touchpad
    – Pen
    – Battery Status
    – Brightness adjustment

Clover attached

Installer form BDU_OSX_DISTR (utorrent) – googling please

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    samwisewilton
    Participant

it won’t detect my foresee 64 gb ssd.. only my usb installer read by disk utility.. anyone has the solution??

leo_ck
    Participant

This post is kinda old, but I hope this helps whoever that still is looking at this tablet with hackintosh.

Since there wasn’t much support for this tablet, I just went ahead and enabled this hardware with Mac OS.

Though the config I’m using is OpenCore 0.5.8 (latest) + Mac OS Catalina (latest)

You can see and get the work from here: https://github.com/leopck/ChuWi-Cube-i7-Book-Hackintosh/

I managed to boot it up but there are sadly quite a few things that still doesn’t work, I haven’t had the time to look into them just yet.

arifharia
    Participant

This post is kinda old, but I hope this helps whoever that still is looking at this tablet with hackintosh.

yup @leo_ck and @Heru Nur, there still people who still is looking hackintosh on this tablet (like me :). I just upgraded the 64 gb foresee ssd to 512 GB Teamgroup (2 years ago my 64 gb foresee died suddently idk why), now i revived this tablet again. I used to successfuly install high sierra on this tablet but now all my FILES were gone.. have to download them all again from beginning.. Sure will post the results again then. Thanks for your Files guys.

leo_ck
    Participant

@arifharia, great to see people still interested in this tablet! I’ve been actively working on this tablet for the past few weeks.

Many thanks to itlwm, now Intel WiFi and Intel Bluetooth (built-in) is fully working 🙂 I’m able to connect to WiFi 5 (802.11AC) + playing music on my AirPod Pro streaming audio perfectly, upload speed is only about 5Mbps and download speed is about 35Mbps, which is very decent for my usage. I’m still using OC 0.5.8, the latest is 0.6.1, I might update to latest soon.

https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm

I’m having thoughts to port to Big Sur once the stable release is out. Right now it’s only Beta, so I’m not going to bother with the port for Beta yet.

A few things that doesn’t work for me yet, touchscreen, touchpad, built-in speaker, accelerometer and battery indicator. @arifharia, does those module work for you on High Sierra and if so, could you share your kext and config that you are using for your build so I can compare with mine?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password