HDD upgrade

HDD upgrade

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast F6 Pro HDD upgrade

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Olly
    Participant

car le TS512GMTS430S serait compatible sur f6pro ?

Yes, this is compatible. Remember that you’ll need to reinstall Windows, or whichever operating system you want to use.

Olly
    Participant

@che0063 How do you know your idle power consumption? How do you know if your CPU enters C2 state or not? How do you know HingeAngeDetection causes an extra 0.2-0.3W power consumption? There is no way to reproduce your results without any info on how you measured them.

I have an huge issue with arrogant people like you who a) dismiss the info which other people give them and b) do so without doing at least some research yourself. How about YOU use some readily available software that can check CPU C states? How about YOU then spend hours and hours trying to diagnose what the issue is? How about YOU then go out of your way to purchase new hardware to attempt to solve the issue? Go on, do it yourself. C states were measured via ThrottleStop. The HingeAngleService was started and stopped on demand with services.msc. All power usage was measured with minimum brightness, WLAN off, and all background processes terminated. Power usage was logged with batteryinfoview. Once again: With minimum brightness, wifi and bt off, all background processes stopped, windows 10 1903, no devices connected: 2.0-2.1W. With Hinge Angle Service: 2.5-3W. But don’t worry. YOU shouldn’t need to waste time to try what I MYSELF decided to TAKE MY OWN TIME to SHARE with the community. No, YOU keep on doing what YOU want to do. It’s ALL about YOU. YOU do what YOU think is best for YOU. Don’t even consider what OTHERS might possibly even remotely have to say. I’m getting 10hrs on my Teclast regularly at school. But you arrogant people aren’t willing to listen to others, let alone even CONSIDER taking ANY trying out what other people take the time to type on these forums.

Yeah there’s no need to be aggressive buddy. Sure, the original poster could have asked how you got those results in a nicer way, but ultimately that’s all they wanted to know.

A little utility called ‘HWiNFO’ is your friend for measuring power consumption and states. Depending on the chipset and sensors, it can show CPU core, package, socket, RAM, GPU…. (etc etc etc) power consumption in amps and/or watts.

Another useful utility for maximising power usage / performance is ‘ThrottleStop’ which can help you hit and lock power states to increase power efficiency or increase performance.

Wizzard
    Participant

car le TS512GMTS430S serait compatible sur f6pro ?

Yes, it is compatible and it works very well. Of course, it is not NMVe, but I think it is one of the best SSDs for this notebook.

It was not necessary to reinstall anything, I just used USB adapter and dd-ed whole disk contents to a new disk 🙂

rav
    Participant

I have an huge issue with arrogant people like you who a) dismiss the info which other people give them and b) do so without doing at least some research yourself.

Chill out, I didn’t dismiss anything, did I?

How about YOU use some readily available software that can check CPU C states? How about YOU then spend hours and hours trying to diagnose what the issue is? How about YOU then go out of your way to purchase new hardware to attempt to solve the issue? Go on, do it yourself.

That’s exactly what I wanted to do and the reason for asking how you did it.

C states were measured via ThrottleStop. The HingeAngleService was started and stopped on demand with services.msc. All power usage was measured with minimum brightness, WLAN off, and all background processes terminated. Power usage was logged with batteryinfoview. Once again: With minimum brightness, wifi and bt off, all background processes stopped, windows 10 1903, no devices connected: 2.0-2.1W. With Hinge Angle Service: 2.5-3W.

Great info, thanks for finally sharing!

But don’t worry. YOU shouldn’t need to waste time to try what I MYSELF decided to TAKE MY OWN TIME to SHARE with the community. No, YOU keep on doing what YOU want to do. It’s ALL about YOU. YOU do what YOU think is best for YOU.

I don’t worry at all and of course I do what I want and what I think is best for me. Everyone should live his life this way. This is what makes us happy.

Don’t even consider what OTHERS might possibly even remotely have to say. I’m getting 10hrs on my Teclast regularly at school. But you arrogant people aren’t willing to listen to others, let alone even CONSIDER taking ANY trying out what other people take the time to type on these forums.

What’s the point in visiting forums if not to read what others have to say?
    Thanks for taking the time to rant offtopic and also answering my questions!

Named User
    Participant

Hi,

I replaces the internal SSD by an 1TB model yesterday by copying the contents with Paragon DriveCopy from the original 128GB SSD. It runs without problems. My new SSD is this one: <span id=”productTitle” class=”a-size-large product-title-word-break”>Sata M.2 2242 1TB Dogfish, bought at Amazon.
    </span>

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar