Hi 10 Doesn't boot – fixes??

Hi 10 Doesn't boot – fixes??

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion Hi 10 Doesn't boot – fixes??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Turnero
    Participant

Hi, I am suffering from the same faults as a few other people seem to be. The tablet worked fine for a couple of days then after being shut down by windows it would not start. I don’t get the charging lights, but I do see USB devices “lighting up”. I think there are a few flavours of this fault kicking around, but it seems that there is either some BIOS corruption happening, or there is some power management issue with the Tablet. In one of the other threads a user “Alvaro”, I think it was mentioned that there may be some video provided by Chuwi, but I have never seen the answer. So I thought I would start this thread to try and compile any ideas to fix this issue.

A) Some sort of simple Reset using a combination of button presses.

Does this really exist? Any ideas

B) Reflashing the BIOS via SPI 

Is there any evidence that the issue can be re-flashing the BIOS?

Yasen Nichev
    Participant

I have the same problem since one week and so far haven’t found how to fix it. I got a reply from VC Lemon to send them back the device for replacement which means another two months without the long awaited device. Any ideas to fix it by myself are welcome

Silvio
    Participant

pfff same here, dead chuwi… bought from gearbest… they just ignore me

check this video… Poor quality Battery???

https://youtu.be/nd79w_wTln4

Laura
    Participant

pfff same here, dead chuwi… bought from gearbest… they just ignore me check this video… Poor quality Battery???

https://youtu.be/nd79w_wTln4

is this the blue or black usb 3.0 port version?

Silvio
    Participant

yes, it is the v300 (blue 3.o USB port)

Chuwi Vi8 tablet had the same problem, they fixed the problem just disconnect and reconnect the battery

Edva
    Participant

Did anyone had any luck on fixing this?

I turned on my tablet,chuwi logo was displayed for few seconds and then it all went black. Couldn’t turn on again.  After connecting charger led started to blink.. Then tried to turn on again,  but then led died as well… And since then it’s dead..  No leds working now or anything.

If i connect any usb device e.g.  Phone,  and if i try to turn on my tabled,  phone starts to charge for a few seconds and then goes dark again..

Ivo
    Participant

I have the same problem. I opened up the Chuwi to try the solution mentioned above (removing the battery connector). Unfortunately, the chuwi doesn’t have such a connector. The battery is just soldered on to the board..

So unfortunately, still no solution.

Edva
    Participant

I have tried desoldering positive wire and waiting few mins and then soldering back. No changes. I think it’s a hardware problems.  It does not even charge usb devices if trying to power on.

Chuwi support is as bad as it could be. Writing to them is like throwing your mail through the window to the street..

Ivo
    Participant

I have tried desoldering positive wire and waiting few mins and then soldering back. No changes. I think it’s a hardware problems. It does not even charge usb devices if trying to power on. Chuwi support is as bad as it could be. Writing to them is like throwing your mail through the window to the street..

That is what i was planning to do, nice that you already did it. Too bad it didn’t fix anything.. 🙁

Ivo
    Participant

In my charger there is this distinctive pitch (just a random charger), and as soon as i press the power button of the chuwi, its changes its pitch. So we know that there is still stuff going on in the motherboard, and that the battery is still working. Im still trying to find out what’s wrong but its not that simple..

Btw, the problem started to exist after i let my tablet charge way over its 100% (I charged it a bit too long). When did your problems started to happen?

Edva
    Participant

Also if you will notice, chuwi gets warm when keeping it charging. So something is going on, even though tablet looks dead, there are no lights or any other signs of its turning on.

Turnero
    Participant

Hi, just an update. I tried the following things. Opening the tablet and disconnecting the power as per the Chuwi video above. This made no difference. “Blind” updating the BIOS using the USB OTG, but this did not work. AT this point I gave up and returned it for a replacement, as I really like the tablet when it is working. My 2 cents on the failure mode is this – the Tablet is powering up to an extent as you can see the USB slots power up and the Tablet becomes slightly hot as in normal operation. However nothing appears on the display.  I don’t think it is a display issue though or we would still be able to output via HDMI. I measured the battery with a meter when I had it disconnected and it did seem low. I have a suspicion that it may have decreased to a point where it could no longer boot the tablet. I think then that there is perhaps an issue with the charger IC for the battery and once the voltage was below a certain level it would not let it be recharged. I was tempted to give it a direct charge with my LIpo charger but decided it was safer to return it to the retailer. Another thing I should mention was that I initially charged the HI10 with a charger that was not the one supplied with the tablet (obviously I tried several chargers once it failed). I noticed someone on a youtube video saying that they think the HI10 may be sesitive to using any charger other than the original. I think they may be on to something.Can we do a quick poll of who has the problem and if they only used the original charger?

Laura
    Participant

i have another theory for this issue:

the bios rom ic is rated at 3.3v. somebody at chuwi or the ODM they use screwed up and had a batch go in production with a bios chip rated for 1.8v (there are reports of this in this forum). what happens then is that, if you have a unit with the 1.8v chip it will eventually get corrupted or even fried, thus bricking the tablet

Daniel Miller
    Participant

Hi guys,

I don’t have any theory about why does it happen, but I managed to power up my tablet after I had the exact same problem.

I couldn’t turn it on no matter what I did, I tried any possible key combination for any period of time while connected and dis-connected to a different chargers and cables but nothing worked. I don’t know why, but I tried to connect the tablet to it’s keyboard, and it turned on immediately! (Well, if we don’t count the windows update “don’t turn of your computer” thing)  As I said, I have no idea why did it work, but it did the job for me.

I hope it will help someone.

Edva
    Participant

You mean you’ve used original docking keyboard?

I don’t have that…  But glad it worked for you! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar