Hi 10 Doesn't boot – fixes??

Hi 10 Doesn't boot – fixes??

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion Hi 10 Doesn't boot – fixes??

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Ciro
    Participant

Probably I understood the problem. We flashed the Bios with a version that is compatible with 3.0 USB port, but my tablet has 2.0 USB ports only (black ports).

In fact my usb ports don’t work when the tablet decide to start…sometime it starts itself and I don’t know why.

I would like to try to install the bios “from 32 to 64bit” but I can do this operation from windows only because as I said before my usb ports don’t work when windows is on. Is it possible to have .exe Bios?

seeayesix
    Participant

Did you test that it was a USB2.0 port?

I’ve come to understand that some units have black USB3.0 ports, but maybe that was not correct?

I’ve still not received my tablet, hopefully I wont have to flash it…would be good with confirmation if all dead units have been flashed.

Ciro
    Participant

I tried 32 to 64bit Bios and however the tablet doesn’t start, so the problem is not the bios software.

I have two black ports, so I supposed they are 2.0…is it not true?

seeayesix
    Participant

I can’t remember where I’ve read it, but I’ve seen somewhere that some tablets have black USB3.0 ports. When I ordered mine from banggood I received a strange answer from customer service when I asked if the tablet had USB3.0 since only USB2.0 was listed in the spec sheet.

EDIT: Source for info about the color of the ports: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=64651777&postcount=75

About this item 1004298,we just confirmed with the supplier again,it contains one blue USB 3.0 port and one blue USB 2.0 port,our related colleagues will update the information on our product page asap,you can order it with no worries.   🙂

Doubt the tablet will have a blue USB2.0 port, but we’ll see 🙂 Hopefully I get it before the weekend.

Ivo
    Participant

Hi guys, I don’t have any theory about why does it happen, but I managed to power up my tablet after I had the exact same problem. I couldn’t turn it on no matter what I did, I tried any possible key combination for any period of time while connected and dis-connected to a different chargers and cables but nothing worked. I don’t know why, but I tried to connect the tablet to it’s keyboard, and it turned on immediately! (Well, if we don’t count the windows update “don’t turn of your computer” thing) As I said, I have no idea why did it work, but it did the job for me. I hope it will help someone.

Unfortunately  doesn’t work here. What did you guys do with your tablets? Asked the seller for a refund or something else?

Divergent Droid
    Participant

I have the same problem. I opened up the Chuwi to try the solution mentioned above (removing the battery connector). Unfortunately, the chuwi doesn’t have such a connector. The battery is just soldered on to the board.. So unfortunately, still no solution.

My answer won’t help you but I bought the Chuwi for 1 reason simply because I could at least replace the battery albeit by soldering. My idea is to soldier a couple of quick connects to the board and also to a few batteries so when one dies I can easily change the battery. This ability makes the unit worth having IMO. If I could not have the ability to change the battery, I’d not have ever bought the unit. It makes no sense to buy a throwaway pc.

Laura
    Participant

well, you can do that with pretty much every chinese tablet…

Vinh LM
    Participant

Hello guys, i also had the same issue. When i was using the tablet, the tablet powered off itself. And now, i am not able to power on the tablet, moreover the orange led doesn’t work anymore.

Ciro
    Participant

Hello guys, i also had the same issue. When i was using the tablet, the tablet powered off itself. And now, i am not able to power on the tablet, moreover the orange led doesn’t work anymore.

One more added to the died list.

emily
    Participant

You mean you’ve used original docking keyboard? I don’t have that… But glad it worked for you! :)<noscript>:)</noscript>

Hi guys, I don’t have any theory about why does it happen, but I managed to power up my tablet after I had the exact same problem. I couldn’t turn it on no matter what I did, I tried any possible key combination for any period of time while connected and dis-connected to a different chargers and cables but nothing worked. I don’t know why, but I tried to connect the tablet to it’s keyboard, and it turned on immediately! (Well, if we don’t count the windows update “don’t turn of your computer” thing) As I said, I have no idea why did it work, but it did the job for me. I hope it will help someone.

Thanks for your share, it is really useful

Ben
    Participant

try this method stated here : http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/chuwi-hi10-cannot-power-potentially-solved/
    had the same situation occur to me

Lupo
    Participant

Does somebody have some success with this problem? 🙁

I have a completely dead Chuwi Hi10, I have tested to wake it up with the instructions here and in this posting also

Chuwi Hi10 Cannot Power Potentially Solved

I have unsoldered and soldered back the battery but no success.

Lupo
    Participant

I’m another from so many bricked Chuwi Hi10 owners (Chuwi Hi10 V300 hardware revision, serial 15xxxxx) who reflashed the BIOS and the tablet is back to Life! ?

Info about the fix is here: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/bricked-trying-bios-update/page/7/#post-44941

(I’m posting this info in the tread here just to be sure that anybody subscribed to the tread know that there is a solution.)

Rafal
    Participant

Hi guys.

I had the some problem – I couldn’t boot my Chuwi Hi10 in any way. I tried all, I think, solutions which I found on this forum and few tips from gearbest (my tablet was bought on Aliexpress in november 2016), incudind disconnecting wire between battery and motherboard. There was connector, it wasn’t soldered. I was determined to order stuff ned to fix BIOS in my tab. I would have to wait some time and I had nothing to lose, so i decided for risque techniue.

I had in the end of my mind that battery can be totally empty. The device was opened and I used multimeter. Voltage was about 2,6V, so i prepared cable with stickers / crocodiles on the + and – wired on one end, and usb on the other end (to plug to wall charger). Then I attached the stickers / crocodiles to + and – wires of te battery. I had to remove a bit of insulation without destroying metal wires. I left it for charging this way for about 2h. Then disconnested provisional charger and… I was able to turn on my tablet! After it, it was charged up to 36%. I checked few functions, both systems, restarted it and left to charge in normal way.

I am nor sure if it could be universal solution. But if it will help anyone I will be really glad. My advice is don’t leave the teb with low battery for long time.

Best regards, Rafal

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar